Skye2468
Blyg999

The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is God

Skye2468

Pro

Jesus is God incarnate. He is the Son of God, But he is also called the Son of Man. Meaning he is 100 percent God, And 100 percent human. Jesus has always been there, Before the beginning of time. He lives eternally with God the Father, But at the same time he is also God, And everything in existence was created through him, And for him. God has revealed himself as 3 separate persons, But as 1 God. God The Father, God the Son, And God Holy Spirit. Each person is equally the same God, But has separate roles in the Godhead, But all 3 persons have the same nature, Essence, And being.

The Bible does not specifically say "Jesus Christ is God. " Don't accept this debate if you are not willing to open up to the possibility that Jesus is God without it specifically saying that.

There are two rules I want to put in place for this debate.
First the claims about whether or not Jesus is God must have supporting Bible verses, Because this is a debate about what the Bible teaches.
Second we must remain respectful, And not go off topic. This is a debate about what the Bible teachs, And not about whether or not Jesus actually existed.
Blyg999

Con

In Christianity, The Bible teaches that God is a trinity. The Father, The Son, And the Holy Ghost. The Father is who speaks to Abraham in the Old Testament, Jesus is the Son, And the Holy Ghost works in less obvious ways. Jesus is part of God, But in none of the four gospels does he ever claim to be God or to be the son of God. If you can show me a verse from one of the four gospels in which Jesus claims to be God or God's son, I will forfeit.
Skye2468

Pro

do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming, " because I said, "I am the Son of God"? John 10:36

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am? "
Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, The Son of the living God. "
Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, But My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:15-17

The demons even knew that Jesus was the Son of God.

And suddenly they cried out, Saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time? " Mathew 8:29

And demons also came out of many, Crying out and saying, "You are the Christ, The Son of God! "
And He, Rebuking them, Did not allow them to speak, For they knew that He was the Christ. Luke 4:41

And the unclean spirits, Whenever they saw Him, Fell down before Him and cried out, Saying, "You are the Son of God. "
Mark 3:11

Here is a verse where God calls Jesus God.

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, Is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. Hebrews 1:8
Blyg999

Con

Blyg999 forfeited this round.
Skye2468

Pro

Just to post more verses that are evidence that the Bible teaches that Jesus is God. Also just in case you want to read more or if anyone else is interested. Here are more verses.

The Word became flesh.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, And the Word was with God, And the Word was God.
John 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, And we beheld His glory, The glory as of the only begotten of the Father, Full of grace and truth.
1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Equal with God.

John 5:18 - Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, Because He not only broke the Sabbath, But also said that God was His Father, Making Himself equal with God.
John 10:30-33 - I and My Father are one. " Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me? The Jews answered Him, Saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, But for blasphemy, And because You, Being a Man, Make Yourself God. "

I AM.

Exodus 3:14(Old Testament) - And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. " And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you. ""
John 8:24 - Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, You will die in your sins. ")
John 8:58 - Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I AM. "

First and the last.

Isaiah 44:6(Old Testament) - "Thus says the LORD, The King of Israel, And his Redeemer, The LORD of hosts: "I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
Revelation 1:8 - "I am the Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End, "" says the Lord, [b] "who is and who was and who is to come, The Almighty. "
Revelation 1:17-18 - And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, Saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, And was dead, And behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Everything was created through Jesus.

Isaiah 44:24(Old Testament) - Thus says the LORD, Your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, Who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;
John 1:3 - All things were made through Him, And without Him nothing was made that was made.
Colossians 1:16 - For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, Visible and invisible, Whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

He who has seen Me has seen the Father.

John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, And yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father"? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, And the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, Or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Jesus being called God.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God! "
Colossians 2:9 - For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Matthew 1:23 - "Behold, The virgin shall be with child, And bear a Son, And they shall call His name Immanuel, " which is translated, "God with us. "
Isaiah 9:6(Old Testament) - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
2 Peter 1:1 - Simon Peter, A bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Jesus being worshipped.

Matthew 2:2 - saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him. "
Matthew 2:11 - And when they had come into the house, They saw the young Child with Mary His mother, And fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, They presented gifts to Him: gold, Frankincense, And myrrh.
Matthew 14:33 - Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, Saying, "Truly You are the Son of God. "
Matthew 28:9 - And as they went to tell His disciples, Behold, Jesus met them, Saying, "Rejoice! " So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.
John 9:35-38 - Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God? He answered and said, "Who is He, Lord, That I may believe in Him? And Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you. " Then he said, "Lord, I believe! " And he worshiped Him.
Hebrews 1:6 - But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him. "
Blyg999

Con

Blyg999 forfeited this round.
Skye2468

Pro

Skye2468 forfeited this round.
Blyg999

Con

Blyg999 forfeited this round.
Skye2468

Pro

Skye2468 forfeited this round.
Blyg999

Con

Blyg999 forfeited this round.
Posted by IsaiahWOod23 3 years ago
IsaiahWOod23
Why would you say God raped a marries women. Look up the definition of rape! Plus Joseph was engaged, Not marries. God allows sin to happen because of his mercy. If he didnt allow it to happen, Every being would be wiped out on the planet. And of the trinity is real, 3 in 1 then God didnt do it on another man but on himself. And also, God is wrathful and has harmony, That is non t an either or.
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
sense****
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
missmedic - It would make more since if you understood Jesus was not just a normal man. He was God incarnate. God didn't throw it on a normal man. God threw it on himself.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
The bases of morality is moral accountability, Not scapegoating it on to an other man and then killing him, That is immoral.
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
Backwardseden - Well peace, Harmony would be possible if everyone would stop rebelling against him.
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
Backwardseden - Yes please repost your videos. You say Christ was a fraud but yet the entire old testament points to him. Confirming he is the Christ. The entire old testament is filled with foreshadow on foreshadow of Jesus. Moses and the prophets they all wrote about Jesus. Also There are more than 300 old testament prophecies fulfilled by Jesus.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Skye2468 - Now why would a supreme deity/ entity/ god or whatever you wish to call this character or thing have the want, Need, Desire and or requirement or whatever you wish to call it for something as silly and as ridiculous as "wrath"? That's a human completely baggage emotion in which your god spread throughout humanity according to you and those that believe. Its also complete imperfection. Why not have a supreme deity/ entity/ god or whatever you wish to call it believe in and maintain peace, Harmony, Care, Love, Kindness in which has ---never--- occurred since your supreme deity's/ entity's god's inception, For any length of time, Not anywhere on this planet?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Sky2468 - Actually the trinity is 100% false because mainly christ was a fraud and or didn't exist which has been proven unto you with the videos in which was posted to you in which haven't watched and they happen to be correct though common sense, Reason and logic. Please use some. You are far far far better than this. Would you like me to repost the videos?
Posted by Skye2468 3 years ago
Skye2468
Missmedic - When he died on the cross he took all of Gods wrath on himself. The Father basically treated him as if he commited every single sin that was ever commited, And ever will be commited. He was the ultimate sinless sacrifice, And the ultimate atonement for our sins.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
If Jesus is God then presumably he is omnipotent. If this is true, Then when he allowed himself to be sacrificed, Didn"t he do this with the knowledge that he was immortal? If so, Then how exactly was it a sacrifice for him? What did he sacrifice? Two days off for an immortal being does not a death payment make.