Nibiru
willbeast123

The Christian God is Immoral

willbeast123

Nibiru

Pro

In this debate, I will assume that the God as described in the Christian Bible is factual, And call him out on his general assholery. My opponent's definition of morality may differ from my own, Yet in the end, Public voting will decide the winner.
willbeast123

Con

hey man god is pretty cool. Like he gives us life and stuff man. So i don't see whats immoral about that. How can it be immoral if he created morals dude.
Nibiru

Pro

Sorry I missed a day, Family emergency.

Purely responding to your point, Creating something and loving it are two very different things. After all, You seem to be pro abortion. In Greek Mythology, The gods created humanity, And all they did was mess with them. Zeus saw humans as sex slaves and nothing else. There's the King of the Gods for you. Likewise, I don't create stories because I genuinely love the characters; I do it because I'm bored. Why do you daydream? Do you love, Protect, And nurture your daydreams?

On the subject of morality. It's subjective, I'm aware. I mentioned it in my opening argument. But I'm sure there's a few things we can both agree on. I don't call ordering a mass kidnapping of females to be raped and forced into marriage moral. I don't call the punishment of rape to be 50 shekels of silver to the victims father moral. I certainly don't call a so called omnipotent and benevolent entity moral with the state of injustice the world is in.

So, Contrary to your argument, I don't think he's pretty cool. Sure, He gives us life and stuff, Man, But I think Proverbs 19:21 demonstrates how much in control God is.
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, But it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. "
willbeast123

Con

so man like what you were saying about zeus and how all that stuff was immoral, Do you see the christian god doing that. . . . . . Man. I don't see what's immoral about the christian god. I mean like, He sent his son to give his life for us humans man. I wouldn't send my son if i had one to die for anyone man. Like he's pretty cool

and like, Since when does god support kidnapping and raping people man, I think you're looking for allah, You got the wrong god.
Nibiru

Pro

Nibiru forfeited this round.
willbeast123

Con

come on man, Like please finish the debate and don't waste my time man. I was really excited to finish this one.
Nibiru

Pro

Nibiru forfeited this round.
willbeast123

Con

willbeast123 forfeited this round.
Nibiru

Pro

Nibiru forfeited this round.
willbeast123

Con

why did you forfeit, Did you know you would lose?
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
And yet objective morality exists and is true which logically and reasonably points to a creator.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
God is existence itself, Pure actuality. Once you grasp this, The real questions arise.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
This is from an old essay;
"The only way by which God can be a Morally perfect being is under the axioms of his own framework. For no moral compass can be Objective unless subject to, And the focus of the displayed definition of Morality itself. "
In a nut shell; you can not claim the moral high ground without being moral.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Omnipotency has such theological and philosophical difficulties that it seems to be a self-contradictory and impossible concept. God itself is constrained by the laws of logic and rationality - it can't make a square circle or create an object that it can't destroy. Most people cede that "omnipotent" means only the ability to do any logical thing. Indeed, In order to create anything at all then you must first be able to think rationally, In an ordered way, And therefore, To be subject to logical cause-and-effect. Therefore, Omnipotent beings can't be the creators of the fundamental laws. Omnipotency contradicts being the "first cause" of all reality. And if an all-powerful being created pain, Suffering, The cycle of life (wherein most living beings must kill and eat other beings to survive) whilst it has the all-powerful ability to create eternal happiness for everyone, Then, Such a being cannot be benevolent (morally good). Millennia of theological and philosophical debate has not resulted in these contradictions being resolved.
The Christian god has to many descriptive failings, Contradictions and limiting attributes to be a creator god.
Posted by oalks 3 years ago
oalks
Be careful in this debate, You wouldn't want to debate shaggy at full power.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
If we assume God is all powerful, Omnipotent, Omniscient etc, Then it is impossible and nonsensical that he is immoral as everything that is is because of him, It is his creation an his rules so he cannot be immoral against something that he created to be good and true. It is us that don't live up to his standard and it is us that sin and cause scandal because of our fallen nature.
Posted by willbeast123 3 years ago
willbeast123
like, Are you going to respond man?
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
so man, Like, God is like, Cool and like, Other stuff man, And like, You see, Like, You know man. See what im like. . . Saying, Man?
Posted by squeakly54n6 3 years ago
squeakly54n6
Wish I was in this debate. . .
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
assholery. . LOL
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Nibiruwillbeast123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff over half of the rounds. That's poor conduct.