AmericanDebator1776
LOL98700z

The Dropping of Atomic bombs On Japan in WW2 was the BEST Military Option

AmericanDebator1776

Pro

The United States was most definitely justified in dropping both atomic bombs in World War 2 directly on two of Japan's city's without any kind of preview or greater warning prior to the detonation. A mainland invasion of Japan was have costed hundreds of thousands maybe even millions more of American and Japanese lives by dropping the atomic bomb lives on both sides were saved. Japan declaring it dishonorable for a soldier to give into any kind of surrender created a costly strategy for themselves and their adversaries, With kamikazes and banzai charges the Japanese were not only desperate but a little crazy. By dropping the atomic bombs the United States brought a swift end to a war that would have been fought to the very death and costed the lives of many innocent civilians as well as soldiers.
LOL98700z

Con

First of all, I thank you for bringing this topic up.

However, I disagree with you in many ways, And I will show you why.

Argument #1: The Atomic Bomb brought on a new age of uncertainty:
The Atomic Bomb, Over the last century, Had become the most fearsome weapon that continues to keep countries in check. However, It is also perhaps the most controversial weapon of all time, Due to it's participation as a direct factor of the events of the Cold War. The Atomic Bomb didn't stop the war from happening, Or prevent lost of lives of many innocent civilians as well as soldiers, Shown in Vietnam War, Afghanistan War, And also Korean War. Instead, If the Atomic Bomb wasn't ever dropped and had never been invented, The human would only see the war between the two super power. The dropping of the atomic bomb made people realize about the consequences of the WMD, And effectively stopped the human globalization effort. During the standoff of more than 80 years, Countless civilian in the Soviet Union died due to the fact that both power holds nuclear arsenal, Which effectively led to the corrupt Soviet Government to stay in place for 60 years until it's collapse in 1990s.

Argument #2: Cultural and Mental Consequences of the weapon:
After the bomb, Respectively "Big Man", And the "Little Boy" were dropped in Hiroshima, And Nagasaki, Many who were wounded and mentally scarred are quick to become subjects of racial harassment from other japanese citizen. The Japanese government also quickly tried to dispose of them, And sent majority of them back to the original city in less than 10 years. These people, Known as the Hibakusha(a japanese word that literally means explosion-affected people) suffers unhealable scars, Have a heavily increased chance of suffering cancer, And their second generation and third generation were subjects to racial harassment. Also, After the bombs were dropped, Among the original count of 650, 000 hibakusha recognized by Japanese Government, Only about 1% were treated and identified with illness. Notably, One of the most tragic person involved in these 2 incidents, Is a man called Tsutomu Yamaguchi. He was confirmed to be only 3km away from the ground zero(where the bomb landed). He was seriously burned and decided to spend a night at the nearby city of Hiroshima, Just a day before the bomb was dropped. He died on January 4th, 2010, After a long battle with stomach cancer.

Argument #3: The Bomb Dropping had never been a top choice for attacking japan, Far from being the best:
In fact, There is a brilliantly drawn up plan called the Operation Downfall, Which involves all of the Allies' ground force to invade the Japanese mainland. It was only cancel after the Japanese surrendered. Despite many speculation on Japanese morale and cultural status that the Allies will lost many soldiers to the Kamikaze attack by Japanese citizen, There is indeed a way to avoid that. In fact, The Emperor, Who have real power over his government, Wasn't aware of the failing situation, And the entire japanese population had been lied to about the situation. The true reason for dropping the bomb was because of Harry S Truman, Who decided that the economy is too weak for anymore war. The best military option is not the Atomic bomb, But the Operation Downfall, Or simply, Strategic Bombing conducted over Germany.
AmericanDebator1776

Pro

I thank you as well for bringing up some thought provoking arguments and would like to give my response to each individual argument using the same format.

Argument #1: Uncertainty is indeed one of the most impact side affects of the atomic bomb to this day, The thought that one of the nine country's in possession of nuclear weapons could plunge the world into a World War that would destroy the Earth but with this great fear their is good, Not ever again will their be another "Great War" or world war of mass troop landings and invasions of other superpowers. Yes country's that wield high standing in the world will still have more targeted war's so to speak as you pointed out the United States involvement in Vietnam, Afghanistan and the Korean War but with a total killed in action count of 96, 296 American soldiers according to Wikipedia sources deaths it's still a far cry from the 416, 000 military deaths in World War 2 according to the nationalww2museum. My point being that even with smaller continued engagements by military's the threat of total desolation by the atomic bomb prevents any of the major superpower Russia, China and the United States from any kind of major conquest. I believe the corruptness of the Soviet government was caused by much more then the atomic bomb and Stalin being one of the most evil men in history left a lasting painful impact on the country as a whole giving his predecessors more opportunity to corrupt.

Argument #2: While these bombs caused massive devastation and permanent malformations for a generation of Japanese people and some future generations the bombs succeed in their objective and brought a swift close to a more and more bloody conflict. The strategy of island hopping was proving costly for both sides the Japanese especially with death tolls almost doubled of their American adversaries such as the battle of Iowa Jima where nearly 7, 000 Marines lost their lives nearly 21, 000 Japanese soldiers fought to the death on the island with merely a few hundred of them surrendering according to history. Com. A continuation of island hopping and eventually an invasion of mainland Japan would have meant much more bombing from regular US bombers and a deadly battle for the mainland that would have almost surely caused wide spread famine and desperate recruiting of Japanese citizens as the Nazi's did in their downfall recruiting child soldiers as young as 15, Although the side affects of the nuclear weapons were devastating and caused serious side affects continued bombing and an invasion would have been much more costly in terms of a slow painful defeat of Japan.

Argument #3: As I pointed out mostly above as well an invasion of Japan would have been hugely costly with the dishonorable sentiment it would bring to a Japanese family for surrendering it would have been a bloody suicidal campaign. With the desperate banzai charges, Ritual suicides of Japanese commanders, Kamikaze and the mass suicides of civilians as seen in the mass suicides at Marpi Point Secretary of War Henry Stimson's study predicting 1. 7-4 million American cultivates is accurate to say the least and an almost complete fight to the death by hundreds of thousands of defenders awaiting.
LOL98700z

Con

https://docs. Google. Com/document/d/1ZBROiaQVU7ben_Zau_DLZB0-1gLQlAlW-JkPWN3c4vI/edit? Usp=sharing
My third Argument. I thank you for giving me this good debate. Didn't have this for a long time by now.
AmericanDebator1776

Pro

AmericanDebator1776 forfeited this round.
LOL98700z

Con

Woah Woah Woah. . . . . I will try here to post one last thing. My second round argument.
https://docs. Google. Com/document/d/11AB03ebhbfgbdwqiYGa9i09kW0oDaETnu7b-sVYW6_8/edit? Usp=sharing
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
I know! This is actually bs tho. . . . .
Posted by AmericanDebator1776 3 years ago
AmericanDebator1776
I am currently confused on why it says to post an argument as it's showing me to have already posted an argument for the third round and received no counter argument in return yet it is counting down for my argument due?
AmericanDebator1776
I to can not post a debate as I just realized on another debate my argument disappeared into thin air.
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
@Leaning I think he saw it, It just that I can't see it? Because his third round argument is against my second. And I only ask for figure on the second though. . . . .
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
@LOL98700z
Just a suggestion, Try posting your argument piece by piece somewhere, The forums for example. If there is a piece of your argument that won't allow it to post, I'd imagine it won't allow it to post in the forums either. Don't know if it'll help for your glitch though.
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
@Hypocrates, It is also with plain disgust that I ask you, Did the German started Holocaust? Yes they did. Did the Unit 731 of the Imperial Japanese Army conducted bioweapon experiments on captured chinese? Yes they did. Did the Japanese crown prince Asaka allowed the Massacre Of Nanking to happen? Yes he did. Did the Japanese had murdered many who had nursed them back to life after surrendering? Yes they did. They are not human during that time. They are Cannibals, Or even, Unworthy.
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
Argument Due
Use the link below to post your argument for round #2.
Post My Argument
Voting Style:OpenPoint System:7 Point
Started:1/3/2019Category:Politics
Updated:53 seconds agoStatus:Debating Period
Viewed:213 timesDebate No:1197

See? This is bs.
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
@AmericanDebator1776, This site is not working for me. I can see your argument, But I can't post mine. I will have to post it on comment or message it to you. . . . . . . This is actually B. S
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
Got it up now. Let's hope it stays. . . . . .
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Yeah, The site is rather glitchy nowadays. Half a year ago maybe, There was a massive spam attack. Spam popping in the forums every second, Millions of threads (I think). Whoever owned the site made some rough fixes to the site (I think). One of which f***ed up hyperlinks for the site. And caused for example debates to appear to post, But then when you leave the page, Poof, Didn't post.