BerryFinns
billsands

The EU is bad in regards to Poland and Hungary

BerryFinns

Pro

I think that the EU has done a terrible job in regards of trying to force countries like Poland or Hungary into welcoming Migrants.

Feel free to debate me, And good luck!
billsands

Con

I know a bit about the EU, My family is from the netherlands and i know being in the eu is really benificial to a small nation. In my opinion Charles de Gaulle was correct when he opposed entry of the UK, The common market should have been limited to the benelux italy france and germany, And perhpas Ireland, A very friendly nation and people easy to get along with. Many nations are chavanistic and nationalistic and jealous of sovereignty. . The heck with them. . Never the less if you can swallow your pride and move past you egos, You will see how much you benifit from the eu. . Don't be difficult, If you plan to be, Do what the british did and just leave, Slit your own throat, Why should we care?
BerryFinns

Pro

First of all, I appreciate you accepting the challenge, But I think as one commenter said, You didn`t make quite a good argument.
I am form Germany and I think that the EU should have no right to force countries like Poland or Hungary into welcoming Migrant.
That was my point, And I hope that you will focus on that part.
billsands

Con

They don't have to join if they don't want to, In fact even when they do no one forces them to take immigrants do they? No one even forces them to balance heir bloody budget even though they should, As i said the eu was better when it was just be ne lux germany france tialy and ireland if they don't like it then let them leave, Do you see the disater in the uk now, To leave is death for their standard of living, And in the eu how many immigrants hav they taken? Hm? How many were forced on them?
BerryFinns

Pro

The problem with what you just said is, That they do. Hungary voted for not taking any migrants and EU wants to punish them for doing so. This is not democracy. And yes leaving might be a point, But as you said, It is death to leave. Your words.

As said, Forcing a county to do thing they don't want to do is the anything but democracy.
That is my point and again please focus on that part.
billsands

Con

billsands forfeited this round.
Posted by SomethingOrdinary 3 years ago
SomethingOrdinary
The individual who took the Con position did not make an actual argument. . . I would have liked to see actual reasons of why the EU is beneficial and why them imposing policies of allowing immigration to occur in different countries was beneficial for the particular countries mentioned or not.