Kvng_8
unstoppabletruth

The Earth Is Flat

Kvng_8

Con

This can either be acceptance round by the opponent and I'll put my argument for Round 2 or they can go ahead and go first with their argument. I did not read all of your comments in the other earth debate, So if you would like to copy and paste what you said here in the debate, Then go ahead. Or if you want to use a different argument then okay. I will be arguing the fact that the earth is not flat and they will be arguing that the earth is flat.
unstoppabletruth

Pro

https://imgflip. Com/i/2uhnbc how can we see a crescent moon high in the sky between 9 pm and 3 am? It makes no sense while staring at a picture of how the globe earth moon phases work.
Kvng_8

Con

I seen the picture. Between 9pm and 3am I see that it shows the full moon, Not the crescent moon. I don't understand how this means that the earth is flat. Go more in depth in your next round, Use more sources and use more arguments.

On to my arguments. I want you to rebut every single one of my points.

If the earth was flat it would effects gravity, Time, The seasons and life on earth in many ways.

Gravity.
Hypothetical point: Since the earth is flat then it must have edges. If the earth is flat, The center of the earth would feel normal, But as you move toward the outer edges of the earth, Gravity would begin to push you back towards the center of the earth. Gravity pulls objects toward the center. On a round planet, It pulls you toward the ground, But on a flat planet gravity would pull you toward the center of the flat disc-like earth. This means as you got closer to the edge, It would pull you backward toward the center. It would feel like a sensation of climbing up a steep hill, Or perhaps carrying excessive weights. Plant stems also grow opposite to the direction of gravity. If the earth were flat as you got closer and closer to the edge, Plants would begin to grow at an angle. The further away from the center, The more intense the angle plants would grow. So if you reach the edge of the disc, Would you fall off and into space? No. You wouldn't fall off to space just as you wouldn't on a spherical earth. Gravity keeps you stuck to the earth.

Realistic point: The spherical earth. A person can walk forever on earth, And it will never end. Why? Because 1. The earth is round. 2. Gravity keeps them bound. 3. If the earth was flat there is no way that a person can continuously walk the earth or jog for miles, Because if they reach the edge of the earth, They won't be able to continue. There is a marathon runner named Dean Karnazes who basically ran majority of the earth. This is just a taste of what he's done. (1)

- Ran 350 miles (560 km) in 80 hours and 44 minutes without sleep in 2005
- Single-handedly completed "The Relay", A 199-mile (320 km) run from Calistoga to Santa Cruz, Eleven times.
- Ran a marathon to the South Pole in −13 °F (−25 °C) temperatures without snowshoes in 2002
- Ran a marathon in each of the 50 states in 50 consecutive days in 2006.

That effortlessly debunks the earth being flat. If the earth is flat how is he able to run half the world? If the earth is flat, It would be impossible or extremely difficult for him to jog that much.

Time.
If the earth were flat, Time would also be effected. Currently everyone on earth sees sunrises and sunsets at different times, But if the earth were flat, Time zones wouldn't exist. Because of longitude, Someone in New York sees the sunrise approximately 3 hours before someone in California and every point in between New York and California the sun rises at a different time. This is because the earth is round. If it were flat, Everyone would see the same sunrise and sunset and everyone on earth would set their clocks at the same time.

Seasons.
Our seasons would also be drastically different if the earth were flat. Everyone on earth would experience summer, Winter, Spring and autumn at the same time. You know how when it's summer in the United States it's winter in Australia? This is because the sun's rays which are perfectly parallel strike the earth at different angles during different parts of the year. If the earth were flat, The sun would always strike the earth at the same angle which would mean that everyone on earth would experience the same seasons at the same time of the year.

Lunar Eclipse.
We would also not be able to see lunar eclipses in the same way we do now. The shape of our round earth's shadow is what creates the lunar eclipse. If the earth were flat that means there's only one possible orientation that the sun moon earth alignment would create a circular shadow. Lunar eclipses would only occur at a midnight position, But the sun, Earth and moon perfectly aligned.

Other planets.
Since you think the earth is flat, Does that make other planets flat as well? Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, And Neptune, Are all of those flat?

Brief Closing.
The earth is not flat. It is very round, An almost perfect sphere.

If that didn't convince you or other flat earthers then I don't know what will.

Source:
(1) - Dean Karnazes [Wikipedia]
unstoppabletruth

Pro

I found it easier to think of a gibbous moon/ a moon thicker than a half moon.
" we have all seen a gibbous moon between -9 Am- and -3 Pm- (on the globe earth model) how is it possible to see a gibbous moon during the day around 12:00 Pm noon?

(on the globe earth) if the moon is highest in the sky at 12:00 Pm the noon. Then that means the sun would be behind the moon. /casting sunlight on the side of the moon facing away from the earth. If you can see a full moon with the sun behind the moon then obviously the light we see on the moon is not coming from the sun.

now for crescent moons/ moons thinner than a half moon seen at night.

(on the globe earth model) " how can we see a crescent moon due south at night?
if we live on the globe earth the only moons we should see at night are moons that are "thicker" than a half moon.

here is a image showing us how the globe earth moon phases work. - https://i. Imgur. Com/k6wwCUR. Jpg obviously it does not match reality.

NUMBER 2 ( Gravity )

I wouldn't use gravity to prove the earth is a globe. Objects with less mass should get sucked to the ground faster than heavier objects with more mass. / like how a magnet sucks lighter objects to it faster than heavier objects.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that the center of the flat earth is where things should be pulled towards. Why does there even need to a edge to the flat earth? - here is the ice wall/ the Antarctic circle you hear flat earth believers talking about - https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=AmbMbMd6Nrg - and there really is military guarding exploration of Antarctica such as "Scott Base" - this started happening after the "Antarctic treaty" you can only go on guided expeditions past the Antarctic circle. And the only people I hear say they crossed Antarctica are keyboard warriors on you tube comment threads.
if you have time on your hands Google "Operation High-jump" 1955. Admiral Byrd sent 4000 troops, 4 aircraft carriers full of airplanes, Submarines. This Admiral Byrd guy comes back and says on the news that "we have found more land to be explored beyond the Antarctic Circe. " he did not say " we haven't explored all of Antarctica yet. " here is the full interview - https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=zjKI_LzPjeY

I'm not sure what point your making with that marathon runner

NUMBER 3
( Time ) what makes you think the sun on the flat earth should rise at the same time at every location? (on the globe earth) on the day of the equinox. Every country on the same north south longitude should have sunrise at the exact same time. AND the sun should set directly west for every location on earth AND it should be equal day and night at every location on earth except the poles. <-- ( we don't experience this reality. ) - everywhere on the globe earth at sunrise is being hit by the suns rays on the same angle. This would cause twilight hours to remain the same length of time through out the year. How ever twilight hours change length and change brightness through out the year. If twilight hours change through out the year because of more direct sunlight lasting in the atmosphere then sunset twilight hours should last longer than sunrise twilight hours.

NUMBER 4
( Seasons ) I don't think you have researched how the flat earth sun works. The sun is not millions of miles away and the suns light does not travel forever. - here is how the seasons work on the flat earth model- https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=R52_PdZlSq8
the sun orbits the north pole star and it moves in larger circles and further south during the winter solstice. And it orbits the north pole star in smaller circles and closer to the north during the summer solstice. On the day of the equinox it is orbiting directly above the equator. ------ another thing about the seasons is they are all equal amount of days apart. And the earth apparently orbits the sun on a ellipse orbit/ the sun is not in the center. For the seasons to match equal days apart the earths orbit would need to speed up and slow down through out the year. But obviously this doesn't happen because that would cause the yearly star constellation movement to change speed/ the zodiac signs wouldn't all be equal 30 days apart.

NUMBER 5 ( Lunar Eclipse )
on the flat earth lunar eclipses are not caused by the shadow of the earth. On the flat earth the moon generates its own light. / the light we see on the moon is not from the sun. - what causes a lunar eclipse and what causes the moon to give off light on the flat earth? IDK. And I'm not going to act like I know.

However one thing I do know is that this century's longest lunar eclipses lasted nearly 5 hours long from partial lunar eclipse to partial lunar eclipse. ( a 5 hour long lunar eclipse is impossible on the globe earth )

It takes 30 days for the moon to orbit earth and it comes down to the moon moves 2. 75 degrees around the earth in 5 hours. There is no way. The 8000 mile wide earth casts a shadow that covers 2. 75 degrees of the moons orbit. The circumference of the moons orbit is 750526 miles. Literately 30 earth diameters can fit inside the diameter of the moons orbit. ---- here is a picture of the earth and moon to scale----- http://i. Imgur. Com/Kh4i2Dr. Jpg

another thing I like about lunar eclipses is the " The curved shadow" on the moon. The lunar eclipse curved shadow is Sooooo curved that the ---moon--- would need to be larger than the earth. The shadow on the lunar eclipse moon is just as curved as the shadow on the sun during a solar eclipse.

NUMBER 5 ( Other Planets )
planets seen from earth do not look more like microscopic sells flickering when you zoom in on them. AND there is no night and day terminator line on mars and Saturn and so on. And there is no shadow on the rings of Saturn.

what most globe earth believers do not understand is once upon a time there was 1000's of you tube videos debunking EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING about the globe earth. And in the past 2 years I have seen so many amazing flat earth you tube channels completely disappear. And I mean these guys were really banging everyone up that challenged the flat earth. Now I try to remake the awesome flat earth proof videos and youtube just disables the videos. . . The last 10 months i have been commenting on you tube comment sections explaining why the earth isn't a ball. And i have had 3 you tube accounts disabled now in 10 months. Its like wtf is going on? For a bit there I was literately trying to learn Russian and Chinese so I could use their social media plat forms because youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Qoura, And imgur CENSOR ME.
Kvng_8

Con

The moon shines because its surface reflects light from the sun, So it does come from the sun. If the earth is flat, Does that make the moon flat?

Gravity.
This is a very important point about the earth. I brought up the point about the marathon runner that because he ran majority of the world nonstop, Meaning the earth is round. If it were flat, He wouldn't have been able to run that much because on a flat earth, Gravity would work differently.

"Why does there even need to a edge to the flat earth? "
All flat objects have an edge to them, Similar to a disc. If the earth were flat, Then that's what it would look like, A disc. The earth's size isn't an infinite size. The radius of Earth at the equator is 3, 963 miles (6, 378 kilos). How is it inherently possible that the hypothetical flat earth doesn't have an edge?

Time.
A hypothetical flat earth would have a flat surface, Meaning the sun's rays strike the earth all at the same time. My point still stands.

Seasons.
"The sun is not millions of miles away"
The Sun is at an average distance of about 93 million miles (150 million kilometers) away from Earth. It is so far away that light from the Sun, Traveling at a speed of 186 thousand miles (300, 000 kilometers) per second, And takes about 8 minutes to reach us.

Lunar Eclipse.
A lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes directly behind Earth and into its shadow. This can occur only when the Sun, Earth, And Moon are exactly or very closely aligned (in syzygy), With Earth between the other two. During a total lunar eclipse, Earth completely blocks direct sunlight from reaching the Moon. In a lunar eclipse, Earth comes directly between the Sun and Moon – an alignment that puts the Moon in Earth's shadow.
"a 5 hour long lunar eclipse is impossible on the globe earth"
Explain how.
"The shadow on the lunar eclipse moon is just as curved as the shadow on the sun during a solar eclipse. "
That's not true because the sun is much larger than the moon.

Other planets.
Physics dictates that all planets and exoplanets are spherical. Celestial bodies that have substantial mass are molded into a sphere due to gravity, Which pulls objects toward the gravitational center of mass.

"globe earth believers" shouldn't even be a thing. You "flat earthers" are a thing.
unstoppabletruth

Pro

Isaac Newton wrote a book as thick as the bible trying to explain gravity and he still didn't finish the equation. I would rather not debate with you about gravity because it ends turning into a children argument. / I will be brutally honest with you. I have not researched why objects fall. But I have explained in my last post that gravity cannot be the only thing that causes objects to fall because gravity would act as a magnet sucking lighter objects to the ground faster than heavier objects.

I am not sure why you think there has to be a edge if the earth is flat. Like I said above research operation High Jump. / very interesting. Admiral Byrd comes back and says on the news we have found more more land for future explorers beyond the Antarctic circle.

Like I said in my above post the flat earth model suns light does not travel forever. / Here is how the flat earth model sun works. Https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=R52_PdZlSq8 the angles of the sun we see in reality do not match the globe earth model.

I can easily debunk the globe earth sun in 20 different ways but first can you give an example that proves the suns light takes 8 minutes to travel from the sun to earth?

Like I said above. The flat earth model lunar eclipses are not causes by the earths shadow. Also the moons light is not from the sun. As I proved in my above post.

Its very simple to understand that 5 hour lunar eclipses are impossible on the globe earth. You can do the math your self
its obvious that it takes 30 days for the moon to complete one cycle. So it comes down to the moon moving 2. 75 degrees around its 750526 mile circumference orbit in 5 hours.

If a lunar eclipse can last 5 hours long start to finish then that means the earths shadow covers 2. 75 degrees of the moons orbit.

It is impossible for the earths shadow to cover 2. 75 degrees of a 750526 mile circumference circle. If the earth is only 8000 miles wide.

30 earths can fit inside of the diameter of the moons orbit. Here is a link to the earth and moon distance to scale. Http://www. Takayaiwamoto. Com/Earth_Moon_Sun/Solar_Eclipse. Html

The moon would HAVE TO be traveling so fast to complete to complete a 750526 mile circumference in 30 days. Lunar eclipses should not last 5 hours long.

"The curved shadow" on the moon during a lunar eclipse is way to curved for it to be " earths shadow" the partial lunar eclipse shadow is so curved that the earth would have to be the same size as the moon.

And again in my above post I explained to you that planets seen from earth do not look spherical / for example there is no night and day terminator line on Saturn or a shadow on the rings of Saturn. Here is an example of what a planet seen from earths atmosphere looks like. As you can see it does not look like cartoon NASA balls. Https://www. Funnydog. Tv/video/nikon-coolpix-p900-planetary-astrophotography-2-saturn/vD6QNBl2M0g

I am not here to win a debate or something alright I am here to be heard because I am being censored up the azz by every social media platform. If you have any questions for a flat earth believer lets do it here because you won't find any good flat earth you tube videos anymore :(
Kvng_8

Con

So not only are you oddly disputing the gravity argument, But you said "I have not researched why objects fall. " when that should be common sense. Sounds to me like you think gravity doesn't exist.

"I am not sure why you think there has to be a edge if the earth is flat. "
Look at a basketball. You'll notice it has an outer surface. Just like a basketball, The earth has an outer surface. Now look at a DVD. You'll notice it has an edge. Just like a disc, The flat earth has an edge, Since it's shaped like a disc. Search "flat earth" on google images. There's an edge on every single picture. If you're proposing that the flat earth doesn't have edges, That would mean the earth is an infinite size -- which it is simply not.

"Can you give an example that proves the suns light takes 8 minutes to travel from the sun to earth? "
The sun heats the earth through radiation. Since there is no medium (like the gas in our atmosphere) in space, Radiation is the primary way that heat travels in space. When the heat reaches the earth it warms the molecules of the atmosphere, And they warm other molecules and so on. (Source in comments)

"Also the moons light is not from the sun"
Where is the light coming from then?

"The partial lunar eclipse shadow is so curved that the earth would have to be the same size as the moon. "
Do you think the earth and the moon are the same size or is this a hypothetical?

"And again in my above post I explained to you that planets seen from earth do not look spherical"
So are you telling me that Jupiter is flat? Keep in mind, That Jupiter is much larger than earth.

If the earth is flat, I'd like you to give me an estimate of how big you think it is. Since it's flat, Give me an accurate circumference. If you can that is.

I am going more in depth next round.
unstoppabletruth

Pro

where do you think the edge is? Its obviously not Antarctic on the Gleasons map. Like I said operation high-jump 1955 bud comes back and says on the news there is more land beyond Antarctica here is a flat earth map showing more land beyond the Antarctic circle https://pbs. Twimg. Com/media/DFL8gxIUMAEA4o1. Jpg
why can't the flat earth be infinite? You're getting way over your head now.

I didn't get any example showing me why the suns light takes 8 minutes to travel from the sun to earth.

the light on the moon we see is the moons light itself / the moon generates its own light/ sunlight and moon light / yin and yang rotating around the earth.
It is scientifically proven that the light that comes off the moon is "cold" light. The light is nowhere near similar to the suns light. Or the suns light reflecting off a object.

I am telling you open your eyes and understand that "IF" the earth is casting a shadow on the moon and the earth is larger than the moon. Then the shadow on the moon should appear less curved than the line of illumination on the moon.

lets imagine two moon in space. And one of the moons is casting a shadow on the other moon. The shadow that casts on the other moon should appear just as curved as the moons. Its that simple. If the moon casting the shadow is larger than the moon its shadow is on then the shadow should appear less curved.

the earth is apparently 4 times larger than the moon. Yet it casts a shadow on the moon that appears to be from a a object the same size as the moon.

where is the night and day terminator line on Saturn like we see on the moon? Why is there never a shadow on the rings of Saturn when viewed from earth?
here is what Saturn looks like seen from earth- https://i. Ytimg. Com/vi/vD6QNBl2M0g/maxresdefault. Jpg does this look like a sphere to you?

15800 miles is about the diameter of the earth from the Antarctic circle to the other side of the earth at the Antarctic circle.

The north star / Polaris is about 3100 miles above the earth and the sun and planets are a little lower.

Please go more in depth next round before I start laying down the things that round house kick the globe earth model in the noggin.

The movement of every celestial body in our sky debunks the globe earth.
the stars especially back hand the globe earth. But it won't be easy to understand right away I am no teacher
Kvng_8

Con

"Where do you think the edge is? "
You need to answer that question. You think the earth is flat, Not me. I already asked you, If the earth is flat, Give me the circumference of it.

"Why can't the flat earth be infinite? "
So you're proposing that the flat earth is infinite? That would mean the earth's size would never end. That would mean the earth is bigger than the sun (which it is not). That would mean that the earth is bigger than Jupiter (which it is not). That would mean the earth would be bigger than all 8 planets in the solar system combined. Do you understand how all of that sounds? Scrap all of that. Let's go back to the sun. The sun is pretty darn big. That would mean the earth has to be bigger than the sun if it is infinite. That is simply not true. Even if the earth is flat, As you say, It's not bigger than the sun, So the earth is not infinite. I think you're at least smart enough to acknowledge this. If not, Then I'd hope that you are trolling. If you are, Then you've done a very good job of fooling me. If the earth was infinite, There would be no galaxy, Space, Or stars. I honestly think that you know full well that the earth is not infinite.

"The earth is apparently 4 times larger than the moon. Yet it casts a shadow on the moon that appears to be from a a object the same size as the moon. "
That's because the earth and the moon are very far away from each other. Approximately 238, 900 miles. Source will be in the comments.

"Does this look like a sphere to you? "
For starters, That's not a very good picture, And that is a questionable source. But even on that image, It does look spherical, Because it is a sphere just like all the other planets.

Going more in depth.

All I will do is ask a series of questions and see if you can answer them accurately. My R2 already debunks the earth being flat so I will just be asking these:

1. It's seems as though you and many other flat-earthers deny the fact of gravity existing so you avoid it in an argument. So in your case, Let's ignore gravity at the moment pretending as if it doesn't exist.

1a. If the earth is flat why and how have people sailed ships around it twice over without ever falling off?

1b. [Point] It is possible to see the effect of the curvature of the earth from sea level (ships disappearing over the horizon).

2. If the earth is flat, What happens to the oceans? Wouldn't they just spill over the edge?

3. How would seasons work? How would GPS and satellites work on a flat earth?

4. [Point] If you are high enough in an airplane, The curvature of the earth is very apparent. Airplanes overlap the earth.

4a. If the earth is flat why has nobody ever been able to find the edge or even document it?

5. If NASA has supposedly faked thousands of images of the round earth, Why isn't there even one picture of the edge?

6. Why would so many people be pretending that the earth is round? What benefit of lying about the shape of the earth serve? What exactly would it gain?

7. If the earth is flat, Then how are the rest of the planets in the solar system spherical?

8. Please explain this, The earth's layers. The inner core, Outer core, Mantle and the crust -- something of which the spherical earth does have. If the earth is flat, Then what's inside the flat earth? Is the inner core still in the center?

Being skeptical is important, Sure but when the evidence is overwhelming and the science testable and provable there comes to a point where a question has an answer and there's hard hitting facts smack dab in front of your face, And by denying those facts, It is blind-sided.

To conclude:

Is the earth flat? No it's not. It is round. The flat earth theory has been debunked time and time again but still many flat- earthers persist with their views. This shouldn't even be a theory.

There's definitely a deeper reason as why people believe in a flat earth, And that has a lot to do with psychology. According to Karen Douglas, A psychologist at the University of Kent, That studies the psychology of conspiracy theories -- Flat earther's conspiracy theories share a basic trust. They present an alternative theory about an important issue or event, And construct a vague explanation for why someone is covering up that true version of events. The power in that conspiracy lies in the fact that they are vague, And they give people a sense of security, Control and comfort that they don't otherwise have. Flat-earthers gather in forums, Online communities and at conventions to talk about their beliefs. The flat earth society gives them a sense of community. Honestly, What people don't realize is that many flat-earthers say the earth is flat but don't actually believe it, As in it's just one huge joke or a way to get attention

Prime example, People on this website who troll and pretend they think the earth is flat. I've encountered at least two people on this site that pretended they are flat-earthers but they are really not. I had a debate with one of those people. They were arguing that the earth is flat and I was of course arguing that the earth is round, But they revealed to me at the end that they were joking and they know that the earth is round and not flat. I wonder, Is this the same case for you? Enlighten me.

Thanks for the debate. I will respond to your last argument in the comments.
unstoppabletruth

Pro

You are repeating the same questions
GPS and radio signals come from towers on the ground. The extreme distance radio signals can reach also debunks the curvature of the earth.
The navy can target ships 500 miles away.
With inches squared per mile drop in curvature the boat the navy is targeting should be under 31 miles of curvature. . .
Here is earth curvature calculator
http://earthcurvature. Com/
I do not study how to prove the flat earth I more or less study how to prove or debunk the globe earth.
Here are the holes in the globe earth model.
understand this proves the earth is not a globe-> the globe earth model tells us we see the North Star directly above your head when standing at the North Pole. And someone at the equator will see the North Star right on the North horizon.
Your eye level horizon at the equator is on a 90 degree angle from the North Pole. This is key-> And you notice these guys are looking at the North star in parallel lines. If they are not looking in parallel lines to see the star that means the star is not as far away as we have been told. So anyway these Freemason guys tell us anyone looking at the North Star on earth is looking in parallel lines with everyone else looking at the North Star. It dosnt matter where you are. You could be at the 45 latitude looking at the North Star 45 degrees above your horizon. Or you could be at the 22 degree latitude looking at the North Star 22 degrees above your horizon. All of these guys are looking in parallel lines. Forget about the ball earth for a second and imagine 2 people in outer space/ - both these guys looking at the North Star are looking in parallel lines. And it doesn't matter if they are 2 feet apart or 180 million miles apart/ the earths orbit around the sun. This means these guys can grab 2 straws and hold them parallel and they should see the same star through both straws even if they are only 5 inches apart. Now put these guys with their straws 5 inches apart and parallel back down on earth. They should still see the same star through both parallel straws right? If you disagree you disagree with the globe earth model. And if you do think you can see the same star through 2 parallel straws then sorry globe earth model debunked? . Does this make sense to you? If someone at the 44 latitude and someone at the 45 latitude are looking at the North Star in parallel lines. Then anywhere between they should be able to look at the North Star in parallel lines. / even 5 inches apart.
Also if the stars really do hit earth parallel like the suns rays apparently do then
The star constellation that sets directly west at your location should set directly west at every location on earth other than where the stars don't set.
Also the star constellation directly behind the moon seen from your location should be directly behind the moon for every location on earth that night.
Also on the globe earth model the the moon should appear to completely flip through out the night.
For a easy visual example imagine a half moon at moon rise. And the bright side of the half moon is facing directly towards the sky. And the dark side is facing the horizon.
If we are on the globe earth model then that moon at moon set should have the bright side facing directly towards the horizon and the shaded side should be facing directly towards the sky at moon set.
- this is my favorite one but it's hard to understand. Don't expect to understand it right away. But it does prove we do not live on the globe earth model.
On the GLOBE Earth Model at the --equator" the
-stars directly above your head should move in a straight line path across your sky east to west every night.
-At the North Pole-- the stars on your south horizon should move in a -"straight line" around you.
For visual example
-(think of sitting on the middle of a merry-go-round at a park. ) Looking directly ahead at a object /a star. "
On The GLOBE Earth at the point between the equator and the North Pole/ "the 45 degree latitude. "
The star 45 degrees above the south horizon should move from horizon to horizon in a straight line east to west and be at its highest point 45 degrees above the horizon.
What I am saying is you should be able to set up a telescope that cannot tilt up or down. And you should be able to set it up where ever you are on globe earth towards a certain star certain degree above your horizon and follow that star horizon to horizon.
( with out adjusting the stand on this telescope )
I will try to explain this again. I need to remind you that you need to do the thinking on your own on this one.
If you can realize that on the globe earth model the stars directly above head at the equator move in straight line paths that's step one.
---- If the earth is a a globe there should be a star in your sky that moves in A straight line path east to west.
----if you are at the equator the straight path star should move directly above your head. (East to west)
And at the North Pole it circles around you /but straight line path around you staying directly above your "horizon".
--- and at the 45 north latitude/
(between the equator and North Pole -
the star that moves in a straight line path east to west should be highest in your sky 45 degrees above your south horizon. .
ANYWHERE on earth a certain star should move in a straight line path. And rises directly east and sets directly west.
the sun should to on the day of the equinox.
And to finish this head ache post off I will just show how I became a flat earth believer.
https://m. Youtube. Com/watch? V=Jp9Y8I6v_Ds
https://imgflip. Com/i/2u4s2p
https://imgflip. Com/i/2u4s5o
https://imgflip. Com/i/2u4vnn
NASA trying to create technology in 2019 to send humans beyond low earth orbit. Https://m. Youtube. Com/watch? V=FmoiwjXepHM
NASA is getting 20 billion U. S tax dollars per year and They tell us they are to broke to get their crap together and do what ever they did in 1969.
Here's the Hollywood moon landing full video. Exposed
https://m. Youtube. Com/watch? V=U5Hmjklmy6o
Posted by Vike_Sketcher 3 years ago
Vike_Sketcher
Interesting
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
The flat earth society has members around the globe.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
The flat earth society has members around the globe. A279;
Posted by unstoppabletruth 3 years ago
unstoppabletruth
Vsauce and many others delete my you tube comments
Posted by Chronosofwisdom 3 years ago
Chronosofwisdom
I'm confused, Didn't Vsauce already disprove this one? Why are we still debating this?
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
oh oh oh yeah, Sure i guess
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
huh
Posted by unstoppabletruth 3 years ago
unstoppabletruth
lets try this one step by step. ( the north star ) always remains above the north pole. / it is always in the same spot in your sky even when the earth travels on he other side of the sun 180 million miles away. This means 2 people in outer space 180 million miles apart can both of these guys can look at the north star through a straw and they would be holding their straw parallel to each others straws. A before i go any further do you understand that the north star should be seen through 2 parallel straws that are 180 million miles apart?
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
"well no sht i look up what the shape of the earth is and i'm told i live on a ball"
LOL

I don't understand your points because they are not true bro the earth is not flat, End of story :D
Posted by unstoppabletruth 3 years ago
unstoppabletruth
when exactly are you going to try to understand the points i made in round 5? We can go back and forth about this little stuff all day.