KhrareMak
Greatrex

The Holy Books Of All Religions Have Been Adulterated.

Greatrex has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

KhrareMak

Pro

Hello Contender. These are the rules of the debate.
1. No abusing.
2. No disrespect for any religion.
3. No childish arguments.
4. Use of any resource should be authentic.
5. The language should be polite.
_______________________________________________________________

I will let my opponent make the first point.
Please comment what you think.

The debate will start from Round 2.
Greatrex

Con

Hello Opponent,
I believe that the holy books of all religions have NOT been a Adultured. Adultured: "to corrupt, debase, or make impure by the addition of a foreign or inferior substance or element" -Dictionary.org While the holy books of many religions have been changed to reflect new moral values or branches of religion, i believe the underlying message is still there and minor improvents that are good, not of "Poor or inferior quality" have been made. I await the next argument.
KhrareMak

Pro

Hello Contender, you presented a good point. But lets just think on this. Lets take Jesus Christ. Now millions of people respected and worshiped that man. If you read the Bible, there are some bad, sexist points.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."
"Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us / He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."
Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord"; and similar advice for slaves in 1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

Now, if millions of people followed that one man, then it means that he must have exceptional unique and good qualities. In this case, these points must have not existed. Millions believe that Jesus was a good man. Then, these bad things must not have existed when he made the Bible.
It's logical. People of later generations changed the original good Bible for bad.

Thank you for debating with me. I am eager to listen to your next counterargument.
Posted by Greatrex 3 years ago
Greatrex
Perhaps, but it presents a good challenge
Posted by Greatrex 3 years ago
Greatrex
Posted by Greatrex 3 years ago
Greatrex
Posted by Greatrex 3 years ago
Greatrex
Posted by tanner_1230 3 years ago
tanner_1230
This argument is can be so easily argued for. You just have to provide examples of adulteration. It doesn't have to be the actual viewpoint of the religion itself, as long as it is adulterated this argument is true.