Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
ishapothanos
zapp

The House believe that development of technology bring negative impacts on family relationship

Started: 3/19/2019 Category: Technology

ishapothanos

Pro

There is a lot of negative impacts of technology on family relationship compared to positive impacts of technology. Interrupted family time: It is good to share at least a meal together to have a good bonding with family members. The morning breakfast is used to watching everyone rush to make it in time for school and work. The dinner time too is interrupted by technology with people choosing to eat as and when they finish of chatting or working. Even if they have dinner at the same time, Everybody will be giving their half focus on their personal screens.
zapp

Con

I would like to argue that technology is just as much of an enabler as is a distraction. My father is a person who has to travel extensively. In the past, This would mean weeks with little contact due to the cost of international calls. Before that, Letters were the norm, With telegrams used for emergency. Now, I can call my father wherever I am and can even video call to see him and talk face to face real time. Similarly, University studies far away from home previously meant long periods with no contact, But this is no longer true.
ishapothanos

Pro

ishapothanos forfeited this round.
zapp

Con

zapp forfeited this round.
ishapothanos

Pro

ishapothanos forfeited this round.
zapp

Con

zapp forfeited this round.