AClassicDebater
themasterdebater_101

themasterdebater_101 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/8/2018 Category: Technology
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

AClassicDebater

Con

I think that Apple is not losing its magic . Prior to the release of the IPhone X , I agree , Apple were slowing down their innovation with the iPhone 7 appearing with not as much of a big leap from the 6 as we would have liked. But I believe that this magic-loss has been negated by the 1st bezel-less iPhone: the iPhone X. It brings in the face iD , which is about 2 times as secure as Touch ID.
themasterdebater_101

Pro

The iPhone 7 was a souped up version of the iPhone 6s. The 8 was a souped up version of the 7s. The X is basically iPhone 7 with a full screen and Face ID. Prior to its release, Samsung had a retina scan and a almost full screen. Samsung phones have had major improvements as they've had a pen, and now they have the S9 coming out, with a camera that adjusts to the light. Apple has been losing it's magic since the 7, but Samsung has had consistently better products. Also, what about Microsoft? Microsoft Surfaces have so many advantages over the iPad, even the iPad Pro. With the iPad Pro, you have to plug a pen in to charge it, and now there's this huge thing sticking out of your charger port. There's none of that with the Surface or with the S8. Apple has been slowly losing its magic, but nobody has noticed it.
AClassicDebater

Con

Please note that both the Note 8 and the S8 / S8 plus have a marketing gimmick going on with it's "infinity display" which is in actuality , simply smaller top / bottom bezels, not a complete screen that stretches to the end . Apple , hence has a higher screen to body ratio with it's X , that has no bezels , save for the notch , which has to be there . As for the Edge displays on Samsung , that is'nt innovation , it's a big party trick , if I've ever seen one.. I mean , seriously?! An extra bit of screen flowing over the edge , and that justifies a large price bump . Nope , not innovation. The X cannot be called a souped up version , unlike the 7 and 8. It brings a lot for the price . It's got it's fair share of innovation too , with face iD . The face iD is a bigger piece of innovation than the iris scanner , simply due to the security enhancements and the work going into it. As for Microsoft , they got kicked out of the smartphone market literally FOR their lack of innovation and finish. I believe that it should'nt even be brought up in this . The surface is clunky in some ways , too. Im not going to try to seem an Apple fan-boy , for I agree that their have been breaches in it's innovation with the Apple Pencil. But Apple were there first , in most things that had to do with smartphones, especially near the beginning of that era. They're a Nokia that never died , albeit even more innovative . A camera that adapts to the light is new , but well , it's not something for everyone . The difference is noticeable , but is it that great ? Samsung is consistently getting better . They are taking tiny leaps to improve , not innovate . They need innovations that make a bigger impact . Face iD ? It changed the way we think of security . It created a stir , and with it's hitches , that's were something needs to improve , not renew . This is where Apple plays especially well. As for that last sentence , please get your facts checked . I've seen videos and articles about the "loss of magic " and how they will simply lead up to the next big thing : the iPhone X . ( in both sales AND consumer appeal ). Also the 2nd last sentence of your argument , I agree partially : The S8 doesnt have stylus problems like the Apple Pencil . Why ? Well , that's because it does'nt come with an S pen , so how could it? 😉