Rational_Thinker9119
SmilingPenguin

The Kalam Cosmological Argument Is Sound

SmilingPenguin has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Rational_Thinker9119

Con

My opponent must argue that the Kalam Cosmological Argument is sound. The argument is as follows:

P1: Whatever begins to exist has a cause
P2: The universe began to exist
C: Therefore, the universe has a cause

My job will be to show that my opponent's reasoning to support the argument fails.

My opponent will post his/ her first round immediately. Since I spent a round here explaining the rules, my opponent in his/ her last round will simply put "..." so we each have the same amount of rounds to argue.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
uttering of non sense is sound
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
The big bang is the beginning of the universe, so there's really no nobel prize to give out on the beginning of the universe.
We know with a high degree of certainty that the universe had a beginning, check out NASA's WMAP findings.
Google on.
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
Yes, the problem is they then need to fit that with their theology and it excludes other explanations such as the possibility of multiverses. They would need to further down a rabbit hole of defining what they mean by universe
Posted by Rational_Thinker9119 1 year ago
Rational_Thinker9119
Most Theists would point to The Big Bang for that line of evidence.
Posted by tommylibertarian1 1 year ago
tommylibertarian1
Where it falls apart is the ability to provide sufficient evidence to establish the universe has a beginning. If one could prove that to a high degree of certainty I would support them in claiming their Nobel Prize.