Finalfan
Pitbull15

The Matrix theory"

Finalfan

Pro

Warning I have made this debate impossible to accept. Present your challenge in the comments section and I will allow access. I do not want this debate to be trolled! Also I want to let you know that this is philosophy so it is easy to miss communicate, that is why it will be 5 rounds. I thought we could use the first couple of rounds to freestyle then we can really get into specifics by 3rd round!

I propose the following: I am using "The Matrix" to help communicate what I see. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong/crazy... but make sure you tell me why. I have not found any holes in this theory.

I have always wondered how people were so convinced in supernatural occurrences. I wondered why people believed in God. I also wondered why those beliefs were so different and often contradictory. I never really understood astrology or mysticism. I have friends that talk about Chakras and alchemy. People believe in miracles, magic, ghosts, astral projection, telekinesis, ascension... you see where I'm going? At one point man made up a God for anything when they did not have a natural answer available at that time. But as man chipped away at the mystery, it came to the final God that created and controls everything! But you cannot see God. You cannot be sure God is what you have imagined God to be. You can claim God is everything... but you cannot comprehend it! I sit and wonder about these ideas and I have to ask... where does it all come from? Where in our minds do we create such a mystical place? "The Matrix"!!!

I'm not talking about being used as a battery by machines.. I mean we have created a matrix in our minds that gives us: Angels, Demons, Gods, Devils, Fairies, Elves, the Boogeyman, Santa, Racism, Homophobia, Geocentric Flat Earth, stork theory, Jesus, Muhammad, Zeus, The Phoenix, Gandolph, Enchanted armor, Transformers, Harry Potter, and of course the popular movie starring Keanu Reeves.

The Matrix theory fits the model of predicting the eclectic nature of the human belief systems and imagination. In this "matrix" you are free from the harsh realities of "natural life".... especially 'ahem' Death (Heaven/Hell) The "matrix" is by far my favorite part of life and I do not diminish its importance. I only feel as though I see the line. I want to draw the line but it has not been properly scrutinized. I imagine my opponent will have some cliched response like "You don't know where I have been" or "I know MY God is real". This should not be your ammunition because it will only force you to blatantly lie to me and brick wall the debate! So be forwarned that individual experiences only help strengthen my argument. The only loophole I can see is that even my own belief in the "matrix" comes from the "matrix"... but then that means the "matrix exists".

Have you truly ever wondered why everyone thinks that they are the know all of the mysteries of this universe. Dont you tell yourself "everything outside of my belief system is "The Devil" or "Great Deceiver"? I'm telling you "God and the Devil"! ARE YOUR OWN CREATION.. collectively consuming the lives of Billions! Whoa got off topic there.. but you see where I'm going with this.

Here is my issue. I have a problem with my own beliefs. Remember the scene in the "Matrix" where Neo is asked to jump the building? Remember he does not "believe" he can do it.. So of course.. He falls.. well that's me!I do not have God, or Heaven, or knowledge of Chakras, magic, wonder, miracles! It is not a good system. It just is the only logical conclusion. My mind demands that I draw the line in the sand and say.. This is real.. my imagination is not!

So I leave it to my opponent to tell me exactly why I have it dead wrong. In fact I welcome anyone who can!
Pitbull15

Con

Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
Pitbull15

Con

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.
Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
Pitbull15

Con

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.
Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
Pitbull15

Con

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.
Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
Pitbull15

Con

Pitbull15 forfeited this round.
Posted by Finalfan 7 years ago
Finalfan
Hmmm. I did not expect it to go so far over your heads! I was using a pop culture reference as a means to communicate my philosophy! I think you could not grasp my use of the word matrix. We could call it dreaming or just your imagination! I'm confused about how this came from my "superego"! You would justify all beliefs or just ones you deem fit? My lack of "confidence" is only showing my open mindedness. I hold firm to the argument and await proper scrutiny. Not condescending, judgmental high horsery!
Posted by JamesChance 7 years ago
JamesChance
This isn't philosophical by the way, maybe in your perception it is, but what you have posed is a fantasy derived from bits and pieces of pop-culture.
Posted by JamesChance 7 years ago
JamesChance
THE Biocentric Universe:
Athene's Theory of Everything: https://www.youtube.com...

Your confidence in what you believe and simplifying other's beliefs is why debating this with you would be pointless. I think you need to unlock yourself from watching a world created from Quantum Physics and string theory. Please, being well-educated on topics will help you...to discount the experience of an individual is also misrepresentation of the movie's core idea...lol

Too wildly claim what you have is actually your superego overriding your truest identity. You may need to talk to someone who is an expert to clear up your perception that no one else can tell you otherwise...
Posted by Hematite12 7 years ago
Hematite12
What is this I don't even