backwardseden
Jeter1011

The Problem With Faith: Religion Is Destroying Humanity: Justification for inequality

backwardseden has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from http://churchandstate.org.uk...
Justification for inequality

A simple and honest study of our world"s theocracies (and countries such as America where those issues are being debated) reveals how our holy texts are used to discriminate against women, LGBTs, and foreigners. Our top three world religions" texts are full of discrimination against these groups. In fact, it is openly used as justification for that discrimination.

Religion facilitates erroneous rationalization of the attempts to remove basic rights from others. It prevents people from living in peace as a community and within their own lives. It forces entire groups of people to work tirelessly to create and preserve rights that should be available to them already.

Many of our religions treat women as subhuman property rather than the part of the human species that gives life to every one of us " a position that deserves respect. Many of our world"s countries have so drastically restricted the rights of women that they are not allowed to attend school to earn an education, drive a car, be seen in public without a male family member, hold a career, or even speak their own thoughts. In each instance where this gender based bigotry is enforced, it is always attached to a religiously based belief system.

Religion also treats the LGBT community with disdain, even to the point where some countries prescribe death as a punishment for not following that religion"s definition of what sex should look like. The problem with this is that homosexuality can be found in many species, not just amongst humanity. Anyone who has done their research knows this. Unfortunately, religion has not caught up to this reality. Although homosexuality has existed for millennia, religion still persists in fighting what comes natural to much of nature. Is it a god that gave us permission to interrogate and murder people based on sexual orientation, or is it the people who wrote our religious texts and simply did not understand or agree with that part of nature?

Sadly, our religious texts have been used to discriminate against a vast assortment of people, including, tribes, minorities and foreigners. People outside of a religion"s belief structure or cultural background have been tortured, enslaved and stripped of their human rights " all in the name of a god and the religion that god represents.

Religion gives followers justification for treating others who are not like them in inhumane ways. It enables our world to perpetuate the cycles of hatred towards others and justify our efforts in restricting the happiness of our fellow human beings.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
Jeter1011

Con

The reason I have decided to debate with you on this is due to the language used in it. You are using a lot of "our", "we" "us" when you fail to realize only a small amount of people discriminate based off of their holy books.

The first issue I would like to address is this: "...reveals how our holy texts are used to discriminate against women, LGBTs, and foreigners. " This is simply wrong, in our holy texts there is nothing that says "Transgenders" are bad and so forth. Gay people is a different story, but with a similar outcome. Most people bend their religion to fit the LGBTQIA community, as times have changed and Humanity's moral opinions have changed with it. Religion is not the direct fault of hate against the LGBTQIA community whatsoever, it is how people are raised by their parents which gives them their opinions.

"Many of our religions treat women as subhuman property rather than the part of the human species that gives life to every one of us " a position that deserves respect."

This is almost completely false, almost. You fail to remember that many religions in fact most of them have adapted with today's world. Yes, there are still a few religions which have not adapted and still hold these draconian, ancient perspectives. But you must remember that many holy books were written during a time where women were thought of as property, gays were not recognized, transgenders did not exist.

" Many of our world"s countries have so drastically restricted the rights of women that they are not allowed to attend school to earn an education, drive a car, be seen in public without a male family member, hold a career, or even speak their own thoughts."

Again, this is false. The majority of the worlds countries are not based off of a religion. Today, the majority of the world has their countries government separated from religion, this is called separation of church and state.

"Religion also treats the LGBT community with disdain, even to the point where some countries prescribe death as a punishment for not following that religion"s definition of what sex should look like."

Again, separation of church and state, also, what countries prescribe death as a punishment for associating with or in LGBTQIA communities?

"Although homosexuality has existed for millennia, religion still persists in fighting what comes natural to much of nature."

If you are saying Homosexuality comes natural from nature, I would like to remind you that you can not reproduce homo-sexually, you can only reproduce with the members of the opposite sex. I am not against homosexuality I'm simply saying that engaging in sexual intercourse with members of the opposite sex is what comes naturally for nature. That is the way it has been for the longest of the time, since complex organisms were 'popping' into existence. However even sexual intercourse with those of the opposite sex isn't even nearly as natural as a-sexual reproduction, the ability to reproduce by yourself, such as many plants and bacteria do. Homosexuality is not nearly as "natural" as sexual and a-sexual reproduction. In fact, it's not really natural at all. After years of research the majority of scientists have concluded that their is no "homosexual" gene (a gene in our genetic code that can be inherited to make someone enjoy members of the same sex rather then that of the opposite sex).

" Is it a god that gave us permission to interrogate and murder people based on sexual orientation, or is it the people who wrote our religious texts and simply did not understand or agree with that part of nature?"

The problem is, nature did not create it at all. Here is why some animals engage in homosexual sexual intercourse, and the reason is pleasure. Pleasure and isolation from that of the opposite sex can cause an animal (under heat) to engage in sexual activities with members of the same sex. If you would review my argument above you will find that it is indeed not a part of [natural] nature. Also, as I stated earlier in my debate, the majority of people and their religions have adapted to homosexual behaviors.

"Sadly, our religious texts have been used to discriminate against a vast assortment of people, including, tribes, minorities and foreigners. "

Foreigners? You do realize that you are implying that this is taking place in a country that has integrated both church and state, which is rare to find. Most religions are open and full of well minded people, there are radicals for every religion.

Overall, one of the key major points is that the majority of the laws we have today are based off of religious values. The idea of justice and equality are all based off of religious values, including freedom!

"Religion gives followers justification for treating others who are not like them in inhumane ways."

It actually doesn't, in the majority of the religions today those who treat others badly will be punished (either in reincarnation, the afterlife, or whatever they believe comes after death, or maybe it is even karma which takes place before death, bad luck etc.) I know for a fact that the "golden rule" for the catholic religion is "Do to others which you want done unto you." Which basically means treat others the way you wish to be treated.

Back to you!
backwardseden

Pro

Here"s how I run things" if there is the slightest hint of you inventing excuses from something in which you clearly know nothing about, especially when its the subject in which you claim to professing you have knowledge upon, namely this one, and you really don"t, and yet you pretend that you do by coming up with invented excuses and or flat out lying, I will insult you with my brand of insults that are original, funny, stupid, deranged and walls to the ball insane, unless those excuses are so far fetched that they are clearly pulled off from your groin to be a groin pull from the gold-i-lox area to keep scientists looking for other planets, then all bets are truly off and I may end the debate right then and there because I DO KNOW my stuff, whereas most don"t. Who knows? I may give you a strike 3 and you are out. We shall see.

You started off extremely poorly and I should give you an automatic strike 1 because you like your super unedumacated unintelligent christian brethren CANNOT READ. You couldn"t even get past the first sentence. What does it say? It says "Taken from" and then by golly gosh darned gee whiz cheese whiz there"s a website for you to be magically whisked away to so you can see for yourself that it is NOT MY "You are using"" nonsensical gibberish. Regardless, "a lot of "our", "we" "us" when you fail to realize only a small amount of people discriminate based off of their holy books." Oh really? Then how come your christ is the most fought after figure in the history of the human race? And also how come "More people have died in the name of god than for any other reason." George Carlin and he"s right

The first issue I would like to address is this: "...reveals how our holy texts are used to discriminate against women, LGBTs, and foreigners. " This is simply wrong," Oh absolutely in no way shape or form is it. That"s strike 1 because it is obviously point blank that you do not know your bible AT ALL and for you to actually pretend that you do is utterly hideous and repulsive.
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
LV 20:13 "13 "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." NLT oh and btw,the word "homosexual" was not inserted into YOUR bible until 1946. So don"t talk to me about the word "transgender smarty boy when your religion, and you know it, would most certainly disapprove. It is one major reason, due to horrific translations as to why YOUR god would never use text as a source of communication, the worst form of communication possible.
"Most people bend their religion"" Oh you mean like you? We can easily count that as strike 2.

Oh and btw christ in which you cannot even prove has ever existed, just like your god, never stated one damn word about being gay nor transgender. Yet strangely christians and only christians like packs of wolves and the whooping cough are against being gay/ transgender. And they also have the $$$$$ to back them. Otherwise being gay/ transgender here in this country would fizzle like a used hamburger of pure blackened ash and those who are gay/ transgender would be able to live their lives as they see fit. And the other thing is, is there's no reason "why" christians hate gays/ transgenders in their greasy hate filled bible"s or in person other than it is what it is. Yeah. Talk about being totally 100% immoral and fickle. But then again, that's exactly what christianity and god is as god is based on hate as he hates children. Ah yes, being gay is an outlet for christians to either hate, or learn to hate and they love it in return, just as their god wants.

And yeah here"s you" Oh I get it, so if you as a christian were to see a gay person kissing another man and then see someone raping a 6 year old child, you'd call the police on the gay couple. Good job in proving just how badly we need christians in this country because it is only christians that opposes being gay at such high levels here on this soil. However, thankfully christianity is fading and failing fast and rightly so. Don't you christians have better things to do with your time like helping others like the 6 year olds being raped? Isn"t that what YOUR religion is supposed to teach you? But then again it doesn"t teach you that at all now does it? It in fact it teaches you to hate. That"s because god is based entirely on hate which is so ridiculously easy to prove as god hates children. The hate has gotta stop people. christians need to become responsible and own up to their stupid mind numbing that don"t--make--any--sense--stances. christianity has lost 5.1% of its following since 2007 and atheism has doubled. 5.1% is a huge number. Rightly. Justly.

Now I am going to absolutely degrade and humiliate and pulverize you and you being the typical snot nose nobody 15 year old that knows NOTHING, here"s some verses on abortions and women being ripped up
god commits abortions who knows how many times within several verses in his bible, so that means that christians do not follow their god which is extremely hypocritical and contradictory from his bible HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, 2 KS 8: 9-15 sick and disgusting, 2 HS 15:16 sick and disgusting, HS 9: 11-16, and perhaps the biggest acts of abortions were committed in the great flood according to this so-called god of the bible in the great flood (which never happened btw) so who knows how many pregnant mothers died there in his bible thus proving this god to be nothing but pure evil, hate and thus cannot be involved with love.

god loves rape in his bible NU 31: 17-18, 2 SAM 12: 11-18 sick and disgusting, JD 19:24-29, JD 21: 10-24, DT 20: 10-14, DT 22: 28-29, DT 21: 10-14, JD 5:30, EX 21 7-11, ZE 14: 1-2

"This is almost completely false, almost." OK no it is not. Your christian religion doesn"t. And you really should pay attention to what it says. That"s strike 2. * god hates women in his bible LM 4 9-11 sick and disgusting, HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, JD 21:10, 2 SAM 12 11-14 sick and disgusting, DT 2:34, NU 31 17:18, LV 26 21:22, 1 SAM 15:3, HS 13:16 sick and disgusting, DT 2 32-34, 2 KS 8: 9-15, 2 KS 15:16 sick and disgusting, EZ 9: 5-7, HS 9: 11-16, 2 KS 6: 28-29 sick and disgusting, JD 19: 24-29, LM 2 20-22 sick and disgusting, 1 COR 14:34,1 TY 2:12 proves god hates, is evil and thus cannot be involved with love
I don"t fail to remember on god damned thing.

*Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
*Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
*2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
*Psalm 19:7 "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."
In other words god"s word is PERFECT. It cannot be changed by anyone or anything. The laws stand TODAY just as they did back whenever. And no excuse from you can hold up - well that is IF you believe in your god who hates children.

"You fail to remember that many religions in fact most of them have adapted with today's world." But they don"t have that right especially your christian religion.

"Many of our world"s countries have so drastically restricted the rights of women that they are not allowed to attend school to earn an education, drive a car, be seen in public without a male family member, hold a career, or even speak their own thoughts."

Again, this is false. Really? According to what imbecile? You? How would you know? What grade of low grade manure spread pile of wheat grains have your sprouted from to make such a loving WRONG statement. You know what? That"s strike 3. I"m not even going to continue with this anymore. You think you are so correct on this debate, why don"t you debate with those that ran the article? You cannot change religion to suit you. ESPECIALLY your christianity as nearly all christians do which proves its failure because there's no consensus on christianity.
Jeter1011

Con

"I will insult you with my brand of insults that are original, funny, stupid, deranged and walls to the ball insane, unless those excuses are so far fetched that they are clearly pulled off from your groin to be a groin pull from the gold-i-lox area to keep scientists looking for other planets, then all bets are truly off and I may end the debate right then and there because I DO KNOW my stuff, whereas most don"t. Who knows?"

The fact that you are relying on insulting me just proves your argument to be weaker and inferior. I will not rely on insulting you as I know everything you have cited you have taken at face value, which means everything you have cited is completely false. The word of God is never supposed to be taken at face value, you can claim what I just said as false but please remember who the catholic is here.

"*Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."
In other words god"s word is PERFECT. It cannot be changed by anyone or anything. The laws stand TODAY just as they did back whenever. And no excuse from you can hold up - well that is IF you believe in your god who hates children."

The word of God is perfect, however you fail to realize that the Catholic religion is lead by the Pope who is the representation of God on Earth. If the Pope and his "council" say that God's opinion has changed, it has. That is how the Catholic faith works.

And even though I am fifteen, I am maintaining a level of respect and maturity in this debate. I ask you to do the same and refrain from insulting me or my faith.
backwardseden

Pro

The fact that you are a 15 year old punk kid and clearly unedumacated, still stuck in high school with a high school edumacation and has to invent excuses and doesn't know what he is squawking about shows that he is weak and inferior. Now you reread, or read it in which you clearly haven't read what I stated in RD1's first paragraph. Oh and btw, I'm not here to please a spotted hair testicle remover such as yourself. And if you don't like it, leave. I---don't---care. Especially when you have to invent excuses and or flat out lie and you know it, in order for himself to remain afloat in the booed prized of nothingness. It is so painfully obvious that you made up things as you went along. I do not take to kindly to that. Not ever. Bye.
Jeter1011

Con

"It is so painfully obvious that you made up things as you went along. I do not take to kindly to that. Not ever. Bye."

Made up things as I went along? I am Catholic, with all due respect, I know more about my religion than you do.

Anywho, I ask that you provide a valid arguement to my counter-claim in round two of our debate, so we may respectfully continue this in round four, thank you.

Back to you.