backwardseden
Hey1

The Problem With Faith: Religion Is Destroying Humanity: The superiority complex.

Hey1 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Taken from http://churchandstate. Org. Uk/2015/10/the-problem-with-faith-11-ways-religion-is-destroying-humanity/ "The Problem With Faith: 11 Ways Religion Is Destroying Humanity"

The superiority complex.

Religion enables people to act callously and inflict mental punishment on those they label "evil" without consequence to their hatred; and then permits them to honestly believe that their hatred is defensible as "good moral conduct".

"I remember when I first left my religion. People who I thought were friends and close family members labelled me as "wicked" simply for leaving my faith. Suddenly, I "needed" the prayers of family and friends, Even though I had not said that I was going through anything difficult. "I"ll pray for you" became a common theme in many of my talks with these people. Pray for me? Have I done something wrong? Have I made some kind of mistake? Why do I need your prayers? "
~ Anonymous

This is the illusory carrot of religion: an eternal reward for an elected few, And infinite punishment for everyone else. It is a narcissistic mindset that keeps adherents both comforted and terrified; a virtual mental prison to which the follower is consciously unaware. It saturates their relationships, Often keeping those relationships from ever truly holding any love and kindness when those they interact with do not agree with their religious interpretations.

This is not always completely true for more kindly religious adherents; but unfortunately, Even the kinder followers can sometimes hold internal judgements against their non-believing counterparts " simply for not believing.
--------------------------------------------------
This is me backwardseden saying this. . . Christianity and judaism does this oh so extremely well because that is ---exactly--- to the letter what their god tells them to do that they are right and everybody else is wrong no matter what. Even worse is their god from their religion demands and orders its followers to kill those that do not believe in its god and believe in other gods/ idols/ fake gods.
* Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 "9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, And afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, That he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, Which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, From the house of bondage. "
* Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 basically states the same thing "2 If there be found among you, Within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, Man or woman, That hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, In transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, And worshipped them, Either the sun, Or moon, Or any of the host of heaven, Which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, And thou hast heard of it, And enquired diligently, And, Behold, It be true, And the thing certain, That such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, Which have committed that wicked thing, Unto thy gates, Even that man or that woman, And shalt stone them with stones, Till they die. "

Its a sick and diseased world that religion is with its constant clashing and waring for absolutely no reason over a jealous god who also has wrath, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Evil and anger management issues as this "god" has freely admitted to in which no god/ supreme deity ever would.

Why can't there be peace especially among religion? It certainly isn't among the cards within christianity as peace has never been achieved anywhere for any length of time since its inception.

Strange? Nobody for or from any religion has yet to prove that there has ever been one god existing.

RULES: Prove that religion is more about peace and does not give its followers a superiority complex especially in which for christianity the bible is all about a superior ego god complex and nothing else.

dsjpk5 will not be able to vote in the voting process