backwardseden
GuitarSlinger

The Problem With Faith: Religion especially christianity Is Destroying Humanity

GuitarSlinger

backwardseden

Pro

Christianity and judaism do this oh so extremely well because that is ---exactly--- to the letter what their god tells them to do that they are right and everybody else is wrong no matter what. Even worse is their god from their religion demands and orders its followers to kill those that do not believe in its god and believe in other gods/ idols/ fake gods.
* Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 "9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, And afterward the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, That he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, Which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, From the house of bondage. "
* Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 basically states the same thing "2 If there be found among you, Within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, Man or woman, That hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, In transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, And worshipped them, Either the sun, Or moon, Or any of the host of heaven, Which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, And thou hast heard of it, And enquired diligently, And, Behold, It be true, And the thing certain, That such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, Which have committed that wicked thing, Unto thy gates, Even that man or that woman, And shalt stone them with stones, Till they die. "

Its a sick and diseased world that religion is with its constant clashing and waring for absolutely no reason over a jealous god who also has wrath, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Evil and anger management issues as this "god" has freely admitted to in which no god/ supreme deity ever would.

Why can't there be peace especially among religion? It certainly isn't among the cards within christianity as peace has never been achieved anywhere for any length of time since its inception.

Strange? Nobody for or from any religion has yet to prove that there has ever been one god existing.

RULES: Prove that religion is more about peace and does not give its followers a superiority complex especially in which for christianity the bible is all about a superior ego god complex and nothing else.

dsjpk5 will not be able to vote in the voting process
GuitarSlinger

Con

Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Old Testament, The Old Covenant, And He establishes a New Covenant.

Christianity believes that Jesus is God.

Christianity's highest moral authority is Jesus Christ Himself. I'll repeat that, In case it didn't register the first time: Christianity's Highest Moral Authority is Jesus Christ Himself.

People do all sorts of terrible things in the name of religion. Christians are no different. But when a Christian commits violence or any other sort of atrocity, They are not following Jesus (they may say they are, But they are not, As we shall see).

Atheists and anti-theists like to point to the OT as reason not to believe in God, Etc. But Christianity isn"t all about following the OT"it"s about following Jesus and doing what He says.

Jesus did not condone violence. Au contraire, He preached against it. For starters, I'll use Matthew"s Gospel:

Matthew:
The Sermon on the Mount (Chapter 5)
-He states what it means to be a follower of Him (what He considers blessed)
-He teaches about Anger and Retaliation
-He teaches about Love of Enemies (That"s a strong endorsement for peace if I ever I saw one).
He teaches about Judging others (Ch. 7)
He teaches about the coming persecution and admonishes His Disciples to follow His Example (CH. 10)
He teaches about what it means to be the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven
He tells His disciples that the greatest among them are those who serve others.
He distills the commandments into just two, That summarizes EVERYTHING (another ringing endorsement for Peace):
1. Love God
2. Love your neighbor
He chastises the followers of God who seem to show little care for others
He details out what the Final Judgement will be like, And those helped and serve others will be the ones that enter the Kingdom of Heaven
He chastises Peter in the Garden at his arrest, And tells him to put away his sword.

what does Jesus do to those who betray Him? He forgives them and welcomes them back.

So while there are those who like to point to the atrocities that have been committed (violence, Abuse, Etc) by "Christians", And also point to the OT, I would argue that those who commit such deeds are not following Jesus Christ, Who is Christianity"s highest moral authority, Who fulfills what was written in the OT and establishes a new covenant.
backwardseden

Pro

"Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Old Testament, The Old Covenant, And He establishes a New Covenant. " According to what? You? How would you know? What grade of cheeze whiz battery operated love child colleges have you graduated from to make this assertion?

"Christianity believes that Jesus is God. " And yet you cannot even prove your christ has ever existed, Much less has had any powers. Here"s some videos to help you pout. Study up. I have. You haven"t. You guess. Don"t invent the excuse "I don"t have the time" crap. No. You are just scared to death in being proven wrong which is so remarkably easy to do. Regardless they certainly know better than you and you troubled invented excuses and guesses.
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=6lqC8fvIspY - jesus wasn"t jesus (Aron Ra)
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=KXAGpCTiGlQ - The True Core of the jesus Myth (Christopher Hitchens)
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=apS_679ru50 - Did jesus Exist?
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=9AzwJ9d4i1g - Why christianity is Unreasonable (Richard Carrier)
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=x-slAgzJmdU - Why Does Every Intelligent christian disobey jesus?
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=AJMd5UiTeys - Biggest Lie - The fourth gospel ("The first striking revision in the 4th gospel is that the ministry of jesus has ballooned out from one year to three. The writers not only make a reference not only from one but to three distinct passover festivals. Now was this just a tradition that some early christians held to a three year ministry and others to a one year ministry? Can anyone honestly maintain that whole dialogues could be remembered word for word for many decades and yet believers have no common agreement whether these words were said during one year or during three years? ") Um duh. Do you REALLY THINK jesus existed?
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=lDpEeHD54Mo&t=1397s - The Gospel According to Carrier (Richard Carrier states jesus may have possibly existed, But scrap all the mythology)
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=O5AordEPtok - Proving the Historicity of Jesus? Tracie and David
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=hmKTUOzXRkI&t=188s - Stephanie Thomason vs Matt Dillahunty, Or how not to debate an Atheist! (skip to the 7:00 mark! ) Oh this one is good and Pro is the caller with his furry tongue.
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=NAqEmYJcXX8 - What did jesus do for you?

Um no, To some ferry merry so-called christians (as there"s no such a thing as a christian), Not all, Believe christ is god. That"s why your religion is in such disarray is because of people like you. You have no idea what you can and cannot agree upon. You might want to google it and then get back to your esteemed brain and rephrase your statement.
"Christianity's highest moral authority"" christianity doesn"t hold any moral authority because it is completely immoral. It invented the concept of hell, The concept of sinning, The concept of suffering is somehow a good thing. Now you tell me what can children learn from suffering? If you"ve answered "nothing", You"ve answered correctly. It teaches that the ONLY way to get to this mythical heaven is to believe in this fraudulent jesus christ. Goodie for me and billions of others. All the more reason to ---never--- believe. Yet if a torturer of 6 five year old girls and murders them later in life finds this fake christ, He is to have a place in heaven. Your religion is destroying and has destroyed humanity indeed.

"People do all sorts of terrible things in the name of religion. " Well you certainly got that one right. Hong Xiuquan, Hitler who were both devout christians. Sure they manipulated christianity to their gagging whims. But your god, If you are stupid enough to believe in your travesty, He knowingly created them, Knowing exactly to the letter and giving them the power AND creating the suffering for them to do. What a wondrous god. Btw, Dump the jesus garbage, He was a false prophet, K?
"Atheists and anti-theists like to point to the OT as a reason not to believe in God, Etc" Well you were just proven 10-0% wrong on that as the NT is far more horrific than the OT. And something an idiot like you doesn"t get is why be hateful and evil at all? Your god could have started out with peace, Harmony, Love, Care, Kindness AND KEPT IT. Nah. He prefers these human baggage emotions of evil, Anger, Rage, Vengeance, Fury, Jealousy etc all in which he has freely admitted to in your bible. Jealousy? Or any of it from a supreme deity? Get real from your blank stare into a blank void.

"But Christianity isn"t all about following the OT"it"s about following Jesus and doing what He says. " Now how ignorant is that? Oh I get it" you mean like this fake bible character barking out his orders telling everyone to divide their families, Get rid of all of their possessions, Love your enemies, Drinking a snakes venom will do no harm etc etc as only someone who is completely insane would do?

"Jesus did not condone violence. Au contraire, He preached against it. " What an utterly stupid statement. What do you call the entire book of revelation which is nothing but brutal war? Your christ also did nothing to stop slavery. Your christ is also the most fought after figure in the history of the human race. Surely a bimbo "god" would have foreseen this and done something about it to make sure this violence and hate would not occur. Nah. So don"t tell me your christ preached against violence especially when once again he ordered to rip families apart.

Absolutely christianity is destroying humanity.

If you don't know the verses are being referred to. . . 1. You don"t know your bible worth squat which isn"t a surprise 2. Google them to find out. 3. Watch the videos to find out. 4. DDO doesn't let me post them. Let the truth be known!

Btw, With all the mumbo jumbo of supposed verses you presented, There's not sa chance in your hell I'm going to look them up. If you cannot present them in their big black blank printed marking stares as is in your bible, Then they are worthless. I have presented you with videos for you to look at which crumbles your religion entirely through common sense, Logic, Reason, Rational, Astounding education and intelligence etc.
Also there's a lot more reasons why christianity is destroying humanity. If you think its only violence, That's awfully shallow.
GuitarSlinger

Con

Paragraph 1 Rebuttal - According to my faith. My faith teaches this.

Paragraph 2 Rebuttal - The "evidence" supporting the claim that Jesus Christ existed are the texts we have, Which include not only the bible as well as non-biblical texts. Also, Oral tradition. In 2000 years, The only "evidence" we will have that you existed might be things written about you. It would be absurd for someone to say in 2000 years, We have no proof you existed. We have evidence and reason to believe.

Paragraph 3 Rebuttal - You make an error. You are lumping together all Christians. There are multiple denominations. Perhaps you should narrow down your claim then to certain denominations. My faith believes that Jesus Christ is God.

Paragraph 4 Rebuttal - You agree with me. People have done terrible things in the name of Christianity. But I would counter when they do so, They are not following Jesus' teaching.

Paragraph 5 Rebuttal - rather than point to 10+ videos. How about you say in your own words what is horrific about the NT. It's a typical tactic-- point to a lot of sources etc. You claim my sources aren't true, But then you point to 10+ other sources and expect others to take them as fact. I've at least attempted to provide reasoning behind my sources. You, On the other hand, Simply point to Hitchens et al and expect us to take them as gospel (pun intended) lol.

Pargraph 6 Rebuttal - I'll say it again. Christianity is about a Person, Not a Book. It's about following Jesus.

Paragraph 7 Rebuttal - I agree. The book of Revelation is about war. But that's where your understanding of it ends. It's a about a spiritual battle, The battle between Good and Evil. Christ did nothing to stop slavery, You say. Well, God will not interfere with man's free will. I'm sure you've done wrong things in your life, Because you choose to do them. You expect God to come in and "stay your hand or mouth"? No. That would make you even more upset. Lol

Paragraph 8 Rebuttal - See my previous arguments

Pargraph 9 Rebuttal - I read the Bible daily. I've read it multiple times.

Paragraph 10 Rebuttal - I've studied Hitchens, Et al. Their arguments are empty. All you do is point to other references and say "See! Told ya! ". And yet, You haven't ability to verbalize in your own words sound arguments.

lol. This is typical. In case you haven't noticed, Ridicule and insults do not concern or bother me. In fact, I welcome them. Ridicule, Insults etc are typically the white flag that is waved by someone who either doesn't have an argument or is incapable of communicating that argument.

I'm amazed though-- you've already waved the white flag so early in this debate. Lol.
backwardseden

Pro

This is the third debate that I've had with you and now I'm putting a block on you and rightly so as you are the typical sweaty piece of rear end wipe that absolutely 100% refuses to look at evidence.

"Paragraph 2 Rebuttal - The "evidence" supporting the claim that Jesus Christ existed are the texts we have, Which include not only the bible as well as non-biblical texts. " Naturally you didn't mention them. Why not? Well 1. The bible is not evidence of any kind. The videos proved that in which you did not look at. Why not? 2. Your bible a simple storybook. 3. Oral tradition? Only an idiot, A complete idiot would mention something so stupid. You cannot even remember, And in fact no one can, What they did the previous day. So those quotes, All of them in your bible, Cannot be taken seriously. AND 4. To top it off no god, If reasonably intelligent passed the fetus stage would ---ever--- be stupid enough to use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible so a moron like you can misinterpret a good 100 other reasons. 5. The videos also prove that your christ is a false prophet. And you might want to have a look at what I stated to missmedic (who happens to be a genius and knows a lot more about your religion than you or me by at least 20 fold) in the comments section to further prove this in which also your bible proves that your jesus is not the messiah.

Paragraph 3 chapters and verses please. See if you are going to state something, Then you need to come up with something called "evidence" rather than spewing out sewer dust. Btw, Its not "my faith" now is it? You don't own your fake god or fraudulent god in which you cannot prove that either of them has ever existed. Or do you among your over 30, 000 denominations of christianity? So don't say The "evidence" supporting the claim that Jesus Christ existed are the texts we have, Which include not only the bible as well as non-biblical texts. "

Paragra[ph 4 "They are not following Jesus' teaching. " Really? Sell ALL of your possessions, Divisions of families, Love your enemies (Trump is especially doing a great job at that one). Do you even have the foggiest idea as to what you are talking about?

Paragraph 5 Rebuttal - rather than point to 10 videos. How about you say in your own words what is horrific about the NT. It Werllm I did. And no you watch the videos you lazy oaf which proves your entire religion to be fraudulent and fake.

Since in your own words you are not willing to pay attention to evidence, Which would only take up a small fraction of your time and you might actually learn something, Which would cover 5, 000, 000 characters, Easily, From the videos, And no we don't play by your rules, Once again and for a third time, This is my debate, Its not yours and you do not govern this debate by any means, And if you cannot watch some videos which are from professionals who indeed know what they are talking about when it comes to your religion and you clearly don't, Then that's your problem entirely, Its not mine. This debate is now over.

Conclusion:
I easily win this debate because once again if my opponent is unwilling to look at evidence, Then his arguments become worthless.
GuitarSlinger

Con

Oral tradition exists. Has always existed. Continues to exist today. Many people (families) have certain stories that are passed down from generation to generation. Some get written, Some don"t. Our main source of receiving information to and from each other is communication, Verbally and written. My claim is my faith supports both. You are basically saying God wouldn"t use written form to communication. And then you also imply oral tradition (passing on information that is not written) is stupid. Geez, You take those two away, How would one communicate with man?

Evidence that Jesus Christ existed? Well, The Bible itself is a record of Jesus, Much the way a history book today is a record of the Civil War (you choose not to believe the Bible). There are also non-biblical texts which can be considered evidence. The writings of Tacitus, Pliny the Younger (who referred to early Christians in his letter to the Emperor Trajan), Josephus, The Talmud, Et al.

Paragraph 3- chapter and verse? Chapter and verse for what specifically? What are you asking me to provide evidence for specifically? In my paragraph 3 rebuttal, Simply said there are many denominations of Christianity"you should narrow down your arguments.

Paragraph 4- Please clarify your point here. Are you agreeing with me that people may not be following Jesus" teaching? Seems like you are with your reference to selling possessions.

Paragraph 5- Um. I"m not the one making the claim the NT is horrific, So why would I say in my own words what is horrific about it. That makes no sense.
Actually, It"s our debate Not yours alone. You and I are debating. I"m sorry you get defensive when you are backed into a corner. Again, Insults are often the first line of defense for someone who can"t defend their positions.
Posted by backwardseden 2 years ago
backwardseden
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=8VN8xXYDPnk&list=PLdsG5Ji2dgW7qDfr9D35tNFXVZHn0uKMZ
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I'm not debating anyone, Omar. I haven't participated in any debate for awhile. I tried to accept one of Michael's debates, But he was scared to debate me. I'm not even arguing with you in the comments section. I'm explaining how you're wrong.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@omar2345 - "If you had no problem why are you debating against me in my debates? " Because he gets off on it and ticking people off. Why do you think he's voted the same exact way on at least 50 of my debates? The thing doesn't give a damn who is right or wrong, Never has, Just as long as he can slip his own chocolate goodies at snack time and toss all care and reason into a pile of s--t is what he cares about. Yep, He's another here on DDO with 0 genuine friends or loved ones. Only here, He desires to be forever alone and well deserving of it.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@dsjpk5

"I have no problem with Omar countering my vote. Although, I only counter poor/invalid votes, But that's the only difference. "

If you had no problem why are you debating against me in my debates?
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I have no problem with Omar countering my vote. Although, I only counter poor/invalid votes, But that's the only difference.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Hey everybody! Notice that once again the racist pig dsjpk5 votes as always as he does WITHOUT CHANGING and doesn't give a damn about the issues? Notice how if this was a live debate, Oh say if Trump were to be in the middle of it, Conduct would NOT, Not ever be an issue?
Posted by hsteacher 3 years ago
hsteacher
Guitarslinger -
@hsteacher
Let's engage in a simple debate on this topic:
"The episode of Abraham abotu to sacrifice his son indicates God is a monster. "
You take the "Pro" side (for) and I'll take the "Con" side (against).

Ok.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@GuitarSlinger

I think you can have it so that I am the only that can accept it
Then if I don't accept it you can modify it by making it open.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@GuitarSlinger

Have it open so that if I don't like the way the debate is then someone else can accept.

If I am allowed to use Bible that is okay.

If I am not then the question would be why not? Since the Religion is based on the Bible not on science.

You have already accepted we are going to speak about the Catholic God already.
Posted by GuitarSlinger 3 years ago
GuitarSlinger
@hsteacher

Others will caution you not to debate me, But simply because they know I call them on their stuff and use their own words against them.

If you are confident in your knowledge of this topic and your ability to state your position, Then let's debate.

I'm assuming you're not one of the ones that uses insults and attaks instead of stating/defending positions. . . . To me that's a sign of the opposition having no other argument, And thus waving the white flag.

SO. . . . Let's have at it

@omar2345

Are you willing to debate the other topic we discuss?
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
backwardsedenGuitarSlingerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rebuttals by Con were faith based. (See Con Round 2 1st argument). It is an appeal to faith which is what I got from Con. Con asked a question in Round 3 as if Pro had another round to reply (Are you agreeing with me that people may not be following Jesus" teaching?) There was that was not followed. Due to the abundance of sources Pro given I can give Pro the realiable source vote.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
backwardsedenGuitarSlingerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Calling someone a "rear end wipe" is poor conduct. I'm also countering Omar's inadequate vote