frankfurter50
passwordstipulationssuck

The Republican Party: Part two

frankfurter50 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

frankfurter50

Con

This is part 2, Sir. welcome back. In this debate, we'll be talking about the following topics:

-Marijuana
-Gay Marriage
-Immigration
-The Military

You can start us off, you Smart Cookie, you.
passwordstipulationssuck

Pro

This round is going to be a bit more complex. In order to debate you on these topics I need to know your position. On many several of them I think we may be closer to agreement. For example, I would support Marijuana legalization. the logic goes like this. We spend an inordinate amount of money sending an inordinate amount of people to jail for smoking something far less dangerous than a cigarette. My libertarian side will likely be coming out on this round. Same thing for Gay Marriage. I believe that government should get out of marriage entirely. Neither traditional nor gay marriage should be enshrined by the government and should rather be left up to individual members of society.

The immigration debate should be more interesting. I do support the border wall and am against illegal immigration. Anyone who respects our laws and comes in legally, however, should be welcome after vetting.

I believe the military is an excellent institution. I plan on attending NROTC to get a commission in the Navy as an officer after I get my degree in Nuclear Engineering. The military is necessary to ensure the security of a free state and to maintain the world order. Evidence for this can be seen in 1781and the Articles of Confederation which did not allow the government to establish a standing military. As a result, disgruntled rioters nearly toppled the government and would have if not for civilian militias. This exposed the need for a stronger central government and the drafting of the new Constitution which is the one in use today.

Once I have more information on your specific point of view then I will be able to develop arguments more completely and specifically. I used this round mainly to clarify my position on each of the topics.
frankfurter50

Con

I'm pro marijuana, pro gay marriage, pro immigration, and anti-military.

I've decided not to do this debate because you agree with everything except the military. I never imagined that somebody who supported the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and the Vietnam War would support homosexuality and marijuana legalization. Heck. I'm outta here.
passwordstipulationssuck

Pro

All right then.