TheTrueBeliever
Draka

The Shrould of Turin is Christ's burial cloth and is more evidence that He rose from the dead.

Draka has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TheTrueBeliever

Pro

The firkin proposition space is small. It needs to allow more characters. The debate that I want to have would be the following proposition: "Based on the most recent historical and scientific evidence pertaining to The Shroud of Turin and the textual evidence pertaining to Jesus Christ, an inference to the best explanation is 1) The Shroud of Turin is Christ's burial cloth. 2) Jesus Christ rose from the dead."
A vast majority of evidence that exists supports these two assertions, and there is much less evidence to the contrary. It is an inference to the best explanation that the claim is true, that Christ rose from the dead.
Provide the best evidence to the contrary of either point. If the points are true, then explain why the inference to the best explanation (abductive reasoning) would be anything other than Christ rose from the dead.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
It usually disappears until round one is complete
Posted by TheTrueBeliever 3 years ago
TheTrueBeliever
Anyone out there? I don't see my debate in the Religion category any longer, and don't know if anyone is still interested.
Posted by TheTrueBeliever 3 years ago
TheTrueBeliever
OH wait, it looks like Draka has accepted it, and I don't think I'm able to change anything.
Posted by TheTrueBeliever 3 years ago
TheTrueBeliever
Well, I have never done this before so wanted to get acclimated to this by doing a shorter one. If you insist on this, let me know and I will change it.
Posted by Envisage 3 years ago
Envisage
Could you change this to a 4 round debate?

Because 2 round isn"t much space to argue.