Jerry_The_Killer
tumeric

The Southern Border Wall

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Jerry_The_Killer

Pro

I think that there should be a southern border wall so that we can cut down on illegal immigration and help with the illegal drug crisis going on in America today. By building a wall, We can save many people's lives and help to stop the illegal trafficking of young women and children
tumeric

Con

A southern border wall would be an impractical boondoggle and waste of money.
Most drugs enter on trucks through ports of entry, Or can be bought from your local pharmacy.
A more robust and humane system of asylum would help women and children. Impediments to entry make trafficking worse.
Jerry_The_Killer

Pro

I have to disagree with you there. In the places that did receive a physical barrier, Drug, And human trafficking went down dramatically. Since a border fence has been built at the border city of El Paso, The amount of marijuana and cocaine confiscated by border patrol agents has been cut in half. The amount of violent crime in the city has also plummeted since the building of the barrier there. If barriers do not work, Why has this been the result?
tumeric

Con

tumeric forfeited this round.
Jerry_The_Killer

Pro

Jerry_The_Killer forfeited this round.
tumeric

Con

tumeric forfeited this round.
Jerry_The_Killer

Pro

Jerry_The_Killer forfeited this round.
tumeric

Con

tumeric forfeited this round.
Jerry_The_Killer

Pro

Jerry_The_Killer forfeited this round.
tumeric

Con

tumeric forfeited this round.
Posted by Jerry_The_Killer 3 years ago
Jerry_The_Killer
It's fine, I knew that this was likely the problem because it has happened to me before. You could continue the debate in the comments if you would like to.
Posted by tumeric 3 years ago
tumeric
I can't post anything I've tried many times
Posted by sillydebater 3 years ago
sillydebater
"Since a border fence has been built at the border city of El Paso, The amount of marijuana and cocaine confiscated by border patrol agents has been cut in half. "

Maybe walls result in reduced border patrol staffing, Reducing the number of officers available to make busts, Thus reducing the amount confiscated? Correlation doesn't equal causation.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Walls don't work. . .

A barrier between the Tucson, Ariz. , Sector and Nogales, Mexico, Was erected in 2000. That year"s 616, 346 arrests plunged to 38, 657 in FY 2017 " down 93. 7 percent.

Bulgaria erected a barrier on its Turkish perimeter in 2013. That year"s 11, 000 illegal crossings dropped to 4, 000 in 2014 " down 63. 6 percent.

" Just as British Gibraltar dangles from Spain"s underside, Spanish Ceuta and Melilla surf atop Morocco. Multiple fences and barriers there sliced 2014"s 2, 100 arrests at the Spanish-territorial/Moroccan frontier to 2015"s 100 " down 95. 2 percent.

A 150-mile barrier between Israel and southern Egypt cut the number of illegal-alien entrants from 17, 000 in 2011 to 43 in 2013, After the fence"s completion, Israel"s Ministry of the Interior states " down 99. 7 percent.
Posted by Eugenious 3 years ago
Eugenious
You'e totally fine. And the border wall would definitely help the drug crisis. I'd like to hear con explain how this is possible.
-Eugenious
Posted by Jerry_The_Killer 3 years ago
Jerry_The_Killer
Please forgive me on how I absolutely butchered my opening argument.