AverageConservative
squeakly54n6

The Wall is the right thing to do

AverageConservative has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

AverageConservative

Pro

I will let my opponent go first.
squeakly54n6

Con

I would like to start off by stating that I am NOT against border security, I think it is rather important that only mentally stable people who will obey the law be let into the country. However I am rather uncertain about this notion that the border wall is the best solution to the immigration problem. . All of that being said I am going to now present my argument for why a border wall across Mexico isn't the best solution to the illegal immigration problem.
- The amount of illegal immigrants stemming from over stayed visas has increased from 41 percent in 2008 to now 44 percent in 2018. While the rate of illegal immigrants on foot has dropped considerably ever since trump enacted stronger border patrol laws. SOURCES, Https://www. Nbcnews. Com. . .
https://www. Factcheck. Org. . .
- Furthermore once the wall is build who is to say that many will simply dig tunnels or come in through boat. One could make the argument that boats and tunnels are too hard to make and most will come in on foot. However as Ive already previously stated, The amount of illegal immigrants coming in on foot has dropped considerably while the amount from over stayed visas is rising so it would be a better long term investment to spend that 21 billion dollars and invest it into enforcing expired visas. SOURCES, Https://www. Nytimes. Com. . .
- Another one of my problems with building a wall is that the federal government would take away PRIVATE land to build said wall as seen in this article where Texas landowners are trying desperately to keep their land. SOURCE, Https://www. Washingtonpost. Com. . .
- My last major issue with the wall is the yearly upkeep required for the wall. While I could not find any statistics for how much the upkeep will cost, I could imagine it would be somewhere in the millions as you would need building materials, Vehicles for transport, And a large staff required for the nearly 2, 000 mile long wall assuming it gets built.
All of that said while I will agree that a border wall would prevent some illegal immigrants from entering the country, Enforcing the people with expired visas and investing in more border patrol agents would be a better solution to the issue at hand. These 2 methods would also be significantly cheaper than building a 21 billion wall with millions more being spent on the upkeep.
AverageConservative

Pro

AverageConservative forfeited this round.
squeakly54n6

Con

Opponent Forfeit.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Dr. Franklin

"All you did was call me a racist and a twat. You did not provide any evidence why a wall won't work. Unbelievable. "
When did I call you racist?
You are a twat even now.
I didn't need to provide evidence when your evidence made my point for me.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
How am I racist?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
@Omar

All you did was call me a racist and a twat. You did not provide any evidence why a wall won't work. Unbelievable.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Dr. Franklin

A wall isn't going to stop that twat.
You are pretty much siding with the far right with what you are proposing. Go and listen to what Richard Spencer says. Lets not keep you beating around the bush instead come out as a white supremacist. Go on it is easier for me to attack the honest side of you rather then half-a$$ side of you.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Illegal Immigration is set to be the HIGHEST in record in the last 30 years for 2019
Posted by squeakly54n6 3 years ago
squeakly54n6
Some things to note is that I made a mistake when I stated border patrol would be cheaper than a wall. This is actually false.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
If its necessary, I recken styrofome plates might do if its not
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
JK, I agree with you btw
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
What wall. . . The one on southern mexico