FanboyMctroll
Raumulus

The World will be overrun by fat plumpers aka Sumo Wrestlers

Raumulus has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

FanboyMctroll

Pro

Alright you wanted a debate, then let's go.

The world will be overrun by fat, plumper, sumo wrestler type obese people by 2050.

With the abundance of food, the buffets, the high sugar content in food and drinks plus the lack of exercise by most people due to the constant sitting in front of computers and on social media and the fact that children do not play outside anymore, just on their devices, the human bodies will turn into obese fat plumpers for the general population. The obesity rate in the USA is already at 56%, as we become more globalized and McDonalds with their grease ball burgers and KFC with their greasy buckets of chicken infiltrate all countries, those countries will get into the same habit of eating crappy food and sitting on social media all day until we will have a world of sumo wrestlers.

This is a global pandemic that will result in extinction of human kind through diabetes, heart disease, and other overweight problems.
Posted by Raumulus 3 years ago
Raumulus
Sorry, missed the deadline.

If you're curious, heres the argument:

Interesting topic. I will take your official resolution to be that "[the] global pandemic [of obesity] will result in the extinction of human kind through diabetes, heart disease, and other overweight problems. [by 2050]"

Interesting idea, and I see where you're coming from, but I do have a simple objection.

A wise man once said: "trust the process." This is the soul of my argument. I agree that obesity is becoming an increasing problem in America, and thereby the world, but I thoroughly believe that there exists a force powerful enough to combat this problem, and save the human race from extinction. This force is nature. Obviously, overweight problems are definitely dangerous, but only to the obese. Which means, that your argument is essentially either that everyone will become obese and die, or that society will not be able to go on without the obese who have died.

I find it unlikely that obesity will overtake the entire human race, for two reasons. Firstly, obesity is not entirely but largely a result of genetics, some even claiming genetics to be 70% responsible [1], and therefore being hereditary, is subject to the laws of natural selection. Combining the fact that obesity causes death in some cases with the fact that the obese physique is unhealthy, and therefore inherently unattractive, it seems that obesity is more likely to die out than overcome the whole race.

The only opposition to this is cultural acceptance, and social program. If the society as a whole decides to be proactive against obesity or if it decides to allow the obese to suffer the natural consequences of their decisions, the race will not be extinguished.

[1] https://vitals.lifehacker.com...