CentristDemocrat
LOL98700z

The boarder wall is a waste of money

LOL98700z

CentristDemocrat

Con

A boarder wall would not stop illegal immigration. Nearly 40% of all illegal immigrants are visa overstays and 60% cross the boarder by foot. Change my mind.
LOL98700z

Pro

Yes, I will change your mind. Even blowing it up.
I accept ur challenge.
CentristDemocrat

Con

I would first like to thank you for accepting my debate challenge. I hope we will have an exciting debate and maybe I will get my mind changed on this topic.
The first point that I would like to make is that the border wall will not stop illegal migration. The statistics show that about 40% of undocumented immigrants arrive here by plane, And that is a conservative estimate. Moreover, The boarder wall still wouldn't stop the other 50-60% of illegal immigrants. This is because of the "circular flow" this states that people would come to the United States, Work for a while and then leave. But when the Clinton and Bush administration increased the border security, The stats showed that illegals decided to get to America and then stay here due to the fact that it would get harder to go back out. So this made it harder for undocumented immigrants to leave the USA.
LOL98700z

Pro

First of all, I don't understand what you are doing. You are arguing against the question which is whether or not the border wall is a waste of money. You are not arguing about the border wall stopping immigration or not.

Let me present my arguments:
1. Border wall is indeed a waste of money: First of all, It is simply unacceptable on the issue of morality. Regardless of person's nationality, One common knowledge that should be recognized is the fact that all immigrants, Whether legal or not, Are human.
2. There are many reasons why building a wall is economy ineffective and perhaps a horrible decision.
3. Social and political forces in between will prove to be too huge a threat and stopping force for the entire border plan.

In this round, I will emphasize upon the argument no. 1:
According to the UN declaration of rights: All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination. This can be recognized as common knowledge in our present society. Thus, If given a careful logical examination, We can retrace the entire quote back to one single item: Everyone who can speak, Interact with other human being, And also obey the law are all Homo Sapiens. If every single one of us are human, What is the point of setting up a wall to ban immigrants who are trying to pursue a better life? Low life standard is not because of the economy problem. It is because of dictatorship, Governmental corruption, Other ideologies or countless reason that caused the entire population into suffering. A key point I want to talk about here, Is President Donald Trump. Judge Cruiel, From Indiana who had stopped Donald's wall building process to go through, Had been personally attacked by Mr. Donald Trump, In fact I want to quote his precise words from a CNN interview:
TRUMP: Look, He's proud of his heritage, OK? I'm building a wall.
Now, I think I'm going to do very well with Hispanics because they are going to get jobs right now. They are going to get jobs. I think I'm going to do very well with Hispanics.
We are building a wall. He's a Mexican. We're building a wall between here and Mexico.
The answer is, He is giving us very unfair rulings, Rulings that people can't even believe. This case should have ended years ago in summary judgment. The best lawyers, I have spoken to so many lawyers, They said, This is not a case. This is a case that should have ended.
TAPPER: I --
TRUMP: This judge is giving us unfair rulings. Now, I say why? Well, I'm building a wall, OK? And it's a wall between Mexico. Not another country.
TAPPER: But he's not from Mexico. He's from Indiana.
TRUMP: He's of Mexican heritage and he's very proud of it.

From that, You can see Mr. Donald Trump's extreme racism. He is regarding every human being as the former eugenist. There is no homo sapien in his concept. All he knows, Is that Mexican are different from American because they live in Mexico. Canadian are different because they live in Canada, And European because they live in EU countries. I am not trying and not going to criticize him over that since it will be off-topic. However, It is quite evidential that president Donald Trump have the exact same ideology as the American and EU eugenist in the era of 1940s. Today, He is building a wall, Tomorrow, He might be massacring people.

In order to distraught all arguments from the modern day eugenist, It is currently common knowledge that all homo sapiens on earth are homo sapiens. All attempts at arguing any specific ethnic race to be inferior would be like justifying Hitler's war on Soviet Union is to get lebensraum, Or Stalin's notorious genocide of nearly all ethnic race in Soviet Union and the infamous Gulag.

In order to close out this argument, I will do it with the following: It is simply unacceptable, To name a person same as all of us, As alien to the current population in US. It doesn't matter what kind of misfortune had fall upon them, They are still human beings. All attempts of dehumanizing must be retorted and destroyed.
CentristDemocrat

Con

Let me Clarify, The debate is indeed of whether the border wall is a waste of money. However, The money is only wasted if it does not stop illegal immigrants from entering the USA, And I have proved that it does not stop illegal migration to the U. S in my previous argument. Further, You were supposed to argue that the money for the border wall is well spent or should be spent, You were not supposed to enhance my argument.
LOL98700z

Pro

Ok, I need to remind you that your selected position is that the border wall is not a waste of money due to you choosing con. As pro, My job was to defend that the border wall is a waste of money while you are suppose to give evidence how border wall isn't a waste of money. Next time, Before you start a debate, Choose the right side in the question.
Posted by CentristDemocrat 3 years ago
CentristDemocrat
Ya i was on my phone when I started this debate and it is really messed up. I apologize
Posted by KIng_Bob2 3 years ago
KIng_Bob2
u mispelled border. Noob.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
CentristDemocratLOL98700zTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was really weird. Con didn't really clarify what the debate was about. Pro was doing what he was supposed to which is give a side to why the border wall is a waste of money. Con made the argument it is not a waste of money instead doesn't actually stop illegal immigration. If the debate was "The border wall does not stop immigration" while also clarifying it is the US one and defining his words. Maybe this would not be a problem. Pro wins conduct due to the debate not being his fault.