Jnate1992
Sonofcharl

The border wall

Sonofcharl

Jnate1992

Pro

I beleve that a border wall is needed to keep out the drug dealers and all of the bad people, I don't care about the good illegals, Like the ones who will get a job and try to get citizenship. But not the ones who sit around collecting tax payer money
Sonofcharl

Con

It's a little bit ironic don't you think.
Having a wall to stop all the drug dealers and bad people from entering a country that is already full of drug dealers and bad people.

In all seriousness though: I would suggest that most "illegals" tend to be economic migrants seeking a more prosperous existence.

I would also suggest that the drug dealers and bad people will soon find another route in anyway. Drug dealers and bad people tend to be quite resourceful in this respect.

I would finally suggest that the main benefit of a border wall would be as a psychological barrier. Allowing paranoid U. S. Citizens to sleep easy in their beds at night.

Further:
It would be useful if Pro would clarify two of their statements for me.
1) "I don't care about the good illegals. " (This statement is fraught with contradiction)
2) "But not the ones who sit around collecting tax payer money. "

Finally:
Isn't it a sad reflection of wealthy societies, That their citizens are now too lazy and arrogant to undertake all the nonetheless important menial jobs?
Jnate1992

Pro

the border is great, It has alot of great uses such as keeping out the illeagls and cos the government moneyt.
Sonofcharl

Con

Notwithstanding the fact that Pro's 21 word eulogy contains 6 grammatical errors.

I think that it's fair to say that Pro has not exactly put their heart and soul into round 2.

"The border is Great. "
Is the border great? Or is the proposed border wall going to be great? How would Pro describe this greatness?

"It has a lot of great uses. "
Which? The border or the proposed wall. And pro says "a lot" but only lists one benefit.

"And cos the government moneyt. "
Quite frankly, What the f**k does this mean?
Jnate1992

Pro

Jnate1992 forfeited this round.
Sonofcharl

Con

I'm not surprised.
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
Bad people exist in all societies.
It would be very na"ve to suggest that there are no bad U. S. Citizens and that bad people only come from other countries.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Con, Your argument is fundamentally flawed. Where do the bad people come from?
Posted by John_C_1812_II 3 years ago
John_C_1812_II
Can we really get upset with the idea of a border wall to keep people out of a Country? Yeah we sure can, It just sounds like a bad for the start, Speaking freely I grew up witching cowboy movies where all the villains and outlaws ran to Mexico to escape the noose. It"s a wonder Mexico serviced the process without a wall/fence. Spain and Mexico have not always gotten along well the idea of the Americas buying the property from Spain may have appeared unfair.

Any way my solution is build a canal. It is not one wall it is two walls over 10 stories high with water. Any fence is simply an added safety measure. The canal itself would be an infrastructure project that would include all Sothern Border States plus the Mississippi river and resected states in the Central Norther United States as well.

We raced to the moon in the 60's I thing we deserve a little self-interest as rest and relaxation.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Feel free to take some of my arguments from other debates.
Vote Placed by Jzyehoshua 3 years ago
Jzyehoshua
Jnate1992SonofcharlTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Pro position-wise. That being said, Con made the better arguments although they lose conduct points for profanity (although the general snarkiness was amusing). Pro could have pointed out cases where walls have succeeded, either in ancient societies like China and Rome, or modern-day, to prove their point. They could have pointed out that even though most drug smuggling is through border checkpoints, a substantial enough percentage occurs between checkpoints to justify a wall. They could've brought up the thousands dying from drug overdoses and cartel murders. I am a conservative Republican pro-life Creationist, but this is a debate website. Regardless of what side of the aisle you're on, expect to come prepared with well-researched and presented evidence, not a few opinion statements and no effective rebuttals, in order to get debate points and win arguments.
Vote Placed by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
Jnate1992SonofcharlTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con refuted all of pros claims and pro didn't have a response to him, and forfeited. If con had not cussed I would have tied conduct.