Im_Intelligent
NDECD1441

The brain is responsible for consciousnesses

NDECD1441 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Im_Intelligent

Pro

Il let con open with his/her argument.
NDECD1441

Con

Given that it is quite unorthodox for side opposition to start a debate, Including the fact that side gov started it in the very first place, I disagree based upon parliamentary debate narrative, I invite my opponent to start.

One thing I will do is set the parameters for the debate that have not been set by side gov so far. Religious arguments will be dealt with and are allowed, Although not recommended as given this debate is about anatomy and which party is arguably superior to consciousness, A logical debate based on the sciences would usually fit the debate better.

Logical fallacies will be called out and punished in this debate. Rather, Let's maintain a consistent and intuitive debate.

I open the debate to side government, I bid my opponent good luck and happy debating!
Im_Intelligent

Pro

Well I guess il start then :x

If I picked up a hammer and swung it at the back side of your head at just the right speed at just the right spot you would loose consciousnesses, You wouldn't die of course "probably :3" but you would still loose consciousness, Now if consciousnesses was something metaphysical in nature why would me specifically taking a wack at your head where your brain is cause you to loose it? Did I knock the "soul/etc" out of you? Or is it possible that because consciousness is generated by the brain, That jabbing or shocking it suddenly will sometimes cause a temporary loss of consciousnesses.

Its like when you smack a computer hard enough it will reboot or shut off "just for the record I know that computer hardware and biochemical machinery are completely different"

Also you would not expect different levels of consciousness at different times in your life, If you rewind the clock your ability of self awareness begins to deteriorate, First you become less rational and logical > your long term memory begins to decrease > you can no longer recognize that it is you that you are seeing in a mirror > vague short term memory's > and then you hit that critical point where no body can remember past a certain point of youth, This is because your baby brain lacks the cognitive capability for self awareness at this age and relys on instinct, If consciousnesses had nothing to do with the brain then there shouldn't be this correlation between level of self awareness and brain development.

I've kept this simple for an opening argument, And i look forward to your rebuttal.
Posted by Riskel 1 month ago
Riskel
I would accept the debate but after reading the comments it would seem you are looking for discussion with religious zealot rather than the logical discussion which I would offer. That being said I do question: why have you decided to post this under the category of science if your target audience are religious or possibly philosophy folks?
Posted by asta 1 month ago
asta
I'm surprised no one has accepted the debate by now.
Posted by Im_Intelligent 1 month ago
Im_Intelligent
Welp thats what the vast majority of the religious masses seem to think
Posted by BertrandsTeapot 1 month ago
BertrandsTeapot
Well that's plain silly
Posted by Im_Intelligent 1 month ago
Im_Intelligent
People who think human consciousnesses exists because spirituality or etc
Posted by BertrandsTeapot 1 month ago
BertrandsTeapot
What are people's general opposition here? Something related to a deity? Generally anyone who isn't a materialist?