Rubenk112
flaming.liberal

The earth is flat

flaming.liberal

Rubenk112

Pro

There are many pieces of evidence that the earth is flat. For one a flight from the Philippines to L. A. Started like any other. But mid way through the flight a woman's water broke and they had to land. If you look at a globe(False representation of the earth's actual shape) the stop in Alaska would have been longer then just continuing to L. A. But if you look at the flat earth map the path from the estimated location of where the detour started to Alaska would be a straight line that would be a shorter distance than continuing the flight thus justifying the the stop in the only way that makes sense. (See figure 1)

Another piece of evidence is the Antarctic Treaty of 1959(Put into affect in 1961) states that no civilians may enter Antarctica. This is the exact place that on a flat earth map would be the border around the edge of the world. By blocking our entrance to this continent the governments of the signing countries have thus blocked our only way to see the truth.

The last piece of evidence is how photos of the earth from space are taken. When looking at earth from the ISS one can only see about 1/3d of the entire planet. To take a full photo the ISS needs to circle the earth to get all angles. By doing this it provides warrant to the fact that to make the full earth photos are indeed Photoshoped by NASA. This gives NASA the ability to fake the earth's shape and provides plausability to this claim.

This is a joke.

1: https://steemit. Com/flatearth/@kerriknox/emergency-plane-landing-shows-idiocy-of-flat-earth-thought-refuting-flat-earth-memes-1
flaming.liberal

Con

I'd like to that Ruben for challenging me to this debate.

The earth is not flat, It has proven through several ACCREDITED sources, And he has a link to a meme page, So point proven. I'm gonna respond to his points in this response.

His first piece of proof was that there was a flight from the Philippines to LA. Yes, This is a weird situation, But ALL OTHER FLIGHTS from the Philippines to LA, Haven't had a random stop. If you don't understand what I mean, Here is my evidence.

---On JustFly. Com: there is a flight from LA-->Manila(Philippines) on Sept. 23
(https://www. Justfly. Com/cheap-flights-to-Philippines-2? Ap=true&campaign=146&route=X-MNL&adgroupid=26220026800&gclid=CjwKCAjwhevaBRApEiwA7aT532Dv5vA9eeenD9EGyffUfQEtE8lPB0xk7t8sJXrwNMoEf_0Itg4uyBoCJZwQAvD_BwE&utm_expid=. IMcDjlqkSwC58QRl6IpOeg. 1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww. Google. Com%2F)

---On asaptickets. Com: there is a flight from the Philippines-->Los Angeles
-------------Another flight on asaptickets. Com: Manila-->Los Angeles
-------------""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""": Cebu-->Los Angeles
(https://www. Asaptickets. Com/cheap-fares-from-philippines? Mfs=go_eco_ph_usa&line=8669618024&gclid=CjwKCAjwhevaBRApEiwA7aT5399FF5aha2LQ8NF5suDxQ-Z-TJASsLBwyojaQiIuFrlN46DpYcqZOhoCGXYQAvD_BwE)

All of these flights are from the Philippines to LA, And vice versa. These flights do not need to stop. They go on the correct route that they are supposed to. So yes, It is weird that they had to stop that one time in LA, But it is an outlier, So it isn't solid evidence. Also, Did you ever consider that maybe there was a hospital closer to the Alaskan Airport than the LA Airport? They made an executive decision to go to an airport closer to a hospital.

Point refuted.

His next point was about an Antarctica treaty of 1959. He said that it was passed because the gov. Was trying to "block us from the truth. " Did you even look into why it was actually passed?
The treaty sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve, Establishes freedom of scientific investigation and bans military activity on the continent. The treaty was the first arms control agreement established during the Cold War. This treaty wasn't passed to "hide the truth. " (https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Antarctic_Treaty_System)
The main purpose of the Antarctic Treaty, Which was signed in Washington on December 1, 1959, Is to ensure "in the interest of all mankind that Antarctica shall continue for ever to be used exclusively for peaceful purposes and shall not become the scene or object of international discord. " (https://www. Ats. Aq/index_e. Htm)

Flat earth is a conspiracy, And nothing more. The Antarctica treaty of 1959 was passed for a reason, Not to hide the flat earth.

His last piece of evidence was about how Nasa has the ability to photoshop the Earth. Yes, Obviously they do need to to give a full view of the earth. Then he said that they would photoshop it? (challenge look below for challenge).

Challenges:
-----------------
1. My question/challenge: Why would NASA even want to lie about the shape of the earth? What would be their motives? Exactly, There are none!

2. Where are the sun and moon in this whole flat earth arrangement?

Thanks, I tried to make this shorter so it wouldn't take that long.
Rubenk112

Pro

First I would like to refute my opponents refutations

1: My opponent has stated that not all flights have random stops. This has no relevance because I never claimed that all flights ended up with a stop over. I only brought up the fact that this stop can only make sense if it was under the flat earth theory.
2: My opponent asked if I know why the treaty of 1959 was instituted. I intact knew why but again it has little to do with the debate. To make my opponent's refutation make sense the governments would have to be entirely honest about its purpose. If they are hiding this information they would follow past precedent and lie. An example of a government lying is the American president.
3: I have a cooler argument because of its extreme swag factor. For these reasons I can only see a pro vote.
flaming.liberal

Con

Im gonna post a counterplan dabs 7, 000, 000 tuimes

the earth is a dinosaur. There is a twitter account for it @dinosaurearthsociety

not flat, A Dino

it has been memefied so u know its correct

dabs************

/Users/tominouye/Desktop/iV4EDn_C_400x400. Jpg

I won because I win
Vote Placed by ThoughtsandThoughts 3 years ago
ThoughtsandThoughts
Rubenk112flaming.liberalTied
Reasons for voting decision: The debate was pretty entertaining. But as pro had all highly speculative arguments, this vote goes to con
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Rubenk112flaming.liberalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Basically conceded
Vote Placed by JimShady 3 years ago
JimShady
Rubenk112flaming.liberalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Such a heated and close debate, but I found convincing evidence from Con in Round 3, "I won because I win." That is hard to refute, so yeah, Con wins.