Jnate1992
Lukrest

The eighth amendment

Lukrest

Jnate1992

Pro

The eighth amendment in my opinion, Is a great amendment because if you kill somebody then you will get what you deserve. If you kill somebody then either you meant to do that or it was an accident. If there is evidence that there was a accident, Than i would see that you could get a light sentence, You probably feel very bad about it and will regret it the rest of your life so you have to live with that feeling. If you kill because your crazy or have a grudge against that person that i can see that you can get the death penalty because you are a very bad person. Cruel and unusual punishment is a good thing because it keeps us from going crazy on things like stealing a lolipop or getting a parking ticket.
Lukrest

Con

I feel like this should be an obvious debate, But I'll try my best. The eighth amendment in simple terms protects people from cruel or not commonly used punishment. It also prevents unusually high amounts of money for bail. I will be arguing for the change of the eighth for a few reasons. Let's start this thing!
Jnate1992

Pro

I don't need to make this long but i already made my point.
Lukrest

Con

Stealing a lollipop is not a serious offense, And is not exactly protected by the eighth amendment. Unless you count getting your hand cut off or sitting in a cell for a week or two, Which they actually do in some countries. I do not believe these are right and are sort of a major thing for something so small. I'm not saying that the eighth should be abolished, Just that it should be changed. It should be changed to have more a little more serious punishments for some crimes. The average cost for incarceration per inmate, Per year is between $31, 000 to $60, 000. It would probably be more if they included building and maintenance costs. My point of this is that if someone is given a life sentence, They cost that much every year. And there have been millions of people incarcerated. This is billions of dollars per year. If people that killed someone or ruined someone's life could be given the death penalty, There would be millions to billions of dollars saved.
Posted by zhaod1 3 years ago
zhaod1
Lukrest
The death penalty would actually be more expensive than incarceration due to extensive court reviewing to make sure they didn't convict an innocent person.
Posted by killshot 3 years ago
killshot
I think he/she is just trolling
Posted by kwbc 3 years ago
kwbc
Is there an argument here or are you just venting? What is point?
Vote Placed by kwbc 3 years ago
kwbc
Jnate1992LukrestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both did poorly, however the Pro is mainly at fault for putting in little effort in the discussion and format