angryagnostic
Jukebox101

The existence of a God

angryagnostic

Con

Though there is not enough proof for the Big Bang theory to change it's title, This does not automatically mean there is a God. This just means that whoever uses this argument needs to have stronger points in order to win the debate. I just want to hear people from the other side of the debate's opinions so this can be more talk than luck.
Jukebox101

Pro

I accept this debate.

As Pro, I will be arguing for the existence of a God. I think the idea of the Big Bang is flawed due to the presuppositional nature of naturalism it entails and will try to show its flaws in this debate. I also think that the immense improbability that we are here in such a fine-tuned universe can be used against the Big Bang. Both my view and Con's view, At the core, Are unfalsifiable, And thus require belief, In either solely naturalistic processes, Or supernatural and natural processes. If the Big Bang holds true, Then life has come from non-life (abiogenesis). I will argue that since the law of biogenesis disagrees with that, Then an unnaturalistic event had to have occurred (creation). I will also combat common attacks against creation such as background radiation and planets moving away from each other. For sake of clarity, I am not proposing a young-earth model, I think old-earth will stand ground. I hope both of us will be able to learn from this debate.
angryagnostic

Con

Excellent. I see your point, Very fair. I was looking for a more specific reply but I'll bite. Though there is not much evidence behind the Big Bang, Neither is there of a God. Unless you can someone provide this evidence, I'll be on my merry way. Otherwise, We're going to be here for a while.
Jukebox101

Pro

Oh but there is. The existence of (absolute truth) necessitates the existence of a higher being. Naturalistic processes can only produce physical things. Truth is not a physical thing (and the fact that truth is truth regardless of what happens in the world helps show this) Therefore, It needs to come from a supernatural being. In case the argument that absolute truth doesn't exist occurs, That in of itself would be an absolute truth, Defeating the argument. I don't have much space, 🤞, So I will be brief. (primarily philosophical). From your view, We determine things by observation. Everything that we know has a cause, Or beginning. Therefore, Even if there was a big bang, Then a purely naturalistic standpoint would have to agree that Something caused this. This being would have to be supernatural because it came before anything physical or natural existed. This being would have to be all powerful to be able to create anything. And this being would fit the definition of a God.
angryagnostic

Con

angryagnostic forfeited this round.
Jukebox101

Pro

Con forfeited.
angryagnostic

Con

angryagnostic forfeited this round.
angryagnostic

Con

angryagnostic forfeited this round.
Jukebox101

Pro

Con forfeit. Vote pro.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
Agreed.
Posted by awesome-o 3 years ago
awesome-o
The Law of Cause and Effect states that all cause and effect must have a core root that "tipped the first domino". This thing had to be intelligent because nothing can't make anything, So this thing made the things that started existence of space, Time, And matter. It has to be smarter than humans because we can't do that. Just something to think about.
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
(Due to school)
Posted by Jukebox101 3 years ago
Jukebox101
For your notice, I will be posting tomorrow or friday.