Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
backwardseden
Country-of-dummies

The god of the bible does not exist

backwardseden

Pro

Rules:
Prove that the god of the bible exists

1. Prove that there is only one creator/ god.
2. Test, Demonstrate and assert this god of the bible's existence.
3. No so-called scientific methodology will be allowed since the bible did not present any scientific evidence to prove its god's existence.
4. Chapters and verses only please using either the KJV, NIV, NLT translations/ versions only.

5. For extra credit, Prove that any god from any religion has ever existed.

6. Dsjpk5 is disqualified from the voting procedures as he tries to pretend he's god and thus change the voting structure of who wins and loses here on DDO.
Country-of-dummies

Con

Hey Backwardseden.

Before I begin my argument, I would like to go ahead and throw a wrench into this argumentative debate. The title of your debate is, "the god of the bible does not exist. " Interestingly, That title statement in itself is a straw-man, Because you are giving an indefensible argument. Truthfully, I cannot prove that the God of the Bible exists, And you cannot prove that the God of the Bible does not exist. Therefore, Your entire argument is a fallacy.

Continuing on, I like that you stated no, "scientific methodology" allowed in this debate.
Your point about proving that any god from any religion exists is actually quite futile, Because people can make gods and religions out of anything, Nature, Earth, Statues, Idols, (PEOPLE themselves), Etc. So, It is impossible to prove that God, Neither god(s) do not exist. Really, For the most part, (Humans) make most religions from things and people on this earth, So the gods of those religions definitely exist. Religions are based on beliefs, Not what is proven to be true beyond a shadow of a doubt. Actually, The word religion's definition is a particular system of faith. The definition of faith is a belief. The definition of a belief is something that someone holds to be true. All that, Builds up to the definition of religion, And of God. Truth is based on people's perceptions of reality. So, While you might (believe) that God does not exist, Someone else may (believe) that God does exist. EVERYTHING is based on beliefs. . . Unregulated, Unregulatable beliefs.

One way to demonstrate that God exists therefore, Is to take for consideration people who believe that God exists. Many people would make the mistake of saying, "Well, God exist, . . . 'cause I say he exists. " Pretty simply. . . That is a straw-man.

Then you have other people who try to demonstrate that God does not exist, By so called scientific evidence and beyond. Basically, They are just like the people who believe in God, "God does not exist ('cause I say He does not exist). " Which is yet again. . . Straw-man.

The fallacy of an argument for or against God's existence is that neither are provable. So, While you might think that you can win this debate by me saying that the existence of God is not provable, At the same time, You need to realize that any attempts to demonstrate that God does not exist is based on mere belief. There is no proof that God does or does not exist, Therefore there can actually be no winners in this debate.

Your statement that the Bible used no scientific evidence to prove God's existence is straw-man. Can you prove this to be true or not? No, It is just your personal belief, Just as it is someone else's belief to take the Bible at its word. I am not attacking your intellect, But I am stating that your statement has an un-provable, Un-penetrable, And unverifiable thought, Just as un-provable, Un-penetrable, And unverifiable as the Bible. Actually, If you put the Bible on a scale next to your statements, You see that neither are actually provable. . . Based on the fact that no one from this day in time has lived 6, 000+ years to verify what really happened. You were not there, I was not there, Nor was any other modern human, Therefore, All we have to look back at is a history book. . . The Bible. Any attempt to look back that the past and prove that things did not happen the way the Bible says is speculation and hypothesizing, Which is unscientific, As well as un-provable, In itself.

I know what you are going to say, That this debate is about proving the existence of God. However, If I fail to prove that God exists, Which I will, Then it must mean that God does not exist. . . According to your standard. However, Failing to prove that God exists does not mean that God does not exist, All that it means is that, As a human, With a human intellect, I cannot know for certain what things are in the supernatural, And that goes for you, Me, And the rest of the world. To prove that heaven, Hell, God, Satan, And every other iota that the Bible mentions is true or not, A person would have to be God, Would have to die and come back to life to tell us all about the afterlife, Or would just have to believe that it is true or that it is not true. The point is, All of this is based on belief. I cannot prove that God exists, As in borrowing spirituality from the supernatural, And you cannot prove that God does not exist, Borrowing from man's knowledge of the supernatural. Humans are not all knowing, And never will be.
backwardseden

Pro

Seasoned beating with my egg-pressed rectal itch and thermometer reading 136 degrees fahrenheit on the ballroom floor.
Btw, Cut the italics, K? They are very hard to read and you are not impressing anybody with your pepperjack formatting. DDO doesn"t have good formatting.

"I begin my argument, I would like to go ahead and throw a wrench into this argumentative debate. " Welp Yah are incapable of that with a little of blah blah black sheep have you any stool? Yes sir. Yes sir 3 bags fool. "The title of your debate is, "the god of the bible does not exist. " It is up to you, The theist, No exceptions, None, All the time, To prove that your god exists. After all your god has never been proved. Not by the smallest amount of toilet dust has he since his first biblical inception. Now its not up to the atheist to prove that your god exists now is it by golly? Why no its not. Duh.

"Continuing on, I like that you stated no, "scientific methodology" allowed in this debate. " We"re going to toss out your entire paragraph of whatever, Which is an excuse, Well you know, Something like burping burning bubbling pancakes down your pigmented pie face of covered zits that had nothing whatsoever to do with science, And only your made up trash can plucked nose hairs, I mean can"t you read? You are after all a perfectly fit so-called christian that can"t! Its not that hard. So once again, Your bible offered no scientific, In other words no science whatsoever, None, No science, Got it to prove your god"s existence.

"One way to demonstrate that God exists therefore, Is to take for consideration. . . " Well by the very word "consideration" that"s not proof now is it? Do you want the definition of "consideration"? "people who believe that God exists" A belief is not proof.

"Then you have other people who try to demonstrate that God does not exist, " And yet you did not mention them. And what would their proof be that this god of YOURS does not exist? Really? SeInvent better moronic excuses please.

"The fallacy of an argument for or against God's existence is that neither are provable. " Well see its not a fallacy. Because all you have to prove your god is your bible and nothing else is which no "god" would be stupid enough, Not ever, Not for any reason to use text, Namely your bible, As a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible with all of the errors in it. Hardly godly. Science makes mistakes. But that"s man"s doing. Man is not god. BIG HUGE MONUMENTAL DIFFERENCE. But at least science, Some of it is proven fact whereas none of your god is.

"Your statement that the Bible used no scientific evidence to prove God's existence is straw-man. Can you prove this to be true or not? " Yeah, The---bible---did---not---present---any---scientific---evidence---to---prove---its---god's---existence. Just proved it. Now you OR ANYONE prove to be false. I love it when silly little aphid spits try to use their intellects on chicken whispers that they know nothing about. Yep. Its shows that YOU have not read YOUR bible to not know that there"s no science in it to show that it does not prove your god. Its completely laughable. You"d never make a good talk show guest to pan out your un-individuality.
Sure! Take the bible at its word! Then you do exactly what it says boy toy Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 and Deuteronomy 17:2-5 and you come on down here and kill me because I do not worship your god. GOT IT you total ignoramus? Now what point did you make other than YOUR unproven god is completely immoral?

"I know what you are going to say, " No you don"t know what I"m going to say. You don"t have the foggiest clue. That"s why I"m going to ignore the rest of what you had to say for the RD and see how far down the rabbit's hole you will dig yourself into. And you know me, I"m really really really good at baiting people.
Country-of-dummies

Con

Sorry, Backwardseden, About the italics, I have no idea why it put italics on my post, Probably this dumb @$$ site. . .

So, I am seeing a theme with everyone in this entire debate. They believe that since God allows suffering to go on, Then He must not be real. Interesting how people that believe that God does not exist can generalize Him and say how that He allows so much suffering to go on. Why do people feel that they have to blame God for the SHlT that goes on in this world. Why not look in the mirror and say, "You idiot! YOU are the reason so much crap goes on in this world. " Instead of going out and making a difference in this world and helping to put an end to all the madness, They sit there in the greasy comfort of their own shack and say, "It's God's fault. " What an easy, SAFE answer.

For anyone who does not believe in God, That is fine. Believe what you want. BUT. . . Realize - that - your - "belief" - that - God - does - not - exist - is - exactly - the - same - as - the - next - person's - "belief" - that - God - does - exist. . .

I think you place yourself on a cloud above the rest of humanity. You so loudly scream that God has never been proven, When. . . In fact. . . God has never been unproven either. Knowing that, You can take your whole last post and shove it where the sun don't shine, Because. . . Although you label me as stupid for believing that God exists, You are just as stupid for trying to prove that God does not exist. . . . On a scientific level anyway. . . See, The entire reason you did not want to bring scientific evidence into this debate is because there is no scientific evidence that God does/does not exist. ALL of this is based on mere hearsay, Which is equivalent to "opinion" NOT fact.

Allow me to rephrase my paragraph above. "One way to demonstrate that God exists, In some way or another, Is to take for FACT the amount of people whom the spirit of God is living in. " So, Allow me to ask this, What do you call the amount of people who believe in (a) god? Do you call them liars? Mentally ill? What do you call them, Pray tell?

To further provide insight into your. . . Paragraph. . . About proving that God does not exist, It a fallacy (to say the least), I would like to interject something. The mode of communication that God uses to communicate with His followers is not the Bible. . . In that statement about the Bible being God's mode of communication, You are mistaken. All the Bible is, Is a guidebook. It tells right from wrong, And how to live a life of godliness, And righteousness. The way God communicates with His followers is through a variety of things, He communicates to them through their spirit, Through nature, Through other people, And many other ways. I am surprised that you actually prove my point in saying that science makes mistakes, And that they are man's doing. You talk about "being able to bait people, " but. . . Seriously man, . . . You walked right into my bait like walking into a brick wall. You actually said that man is not god. Holy crap, . . . You repeated my point exactly. I would like you to demonstrate how science is proven. . . ? And, On top of that, What science has taken the place of God? Evolution? Science is based on theories and hypothesis questions, . . . Not fact. Science is not perfect, As you said. . . But actually, The biggest part of science is a bunch of made-up bunk, Pulled from somebody's crappy rectum. Why? Because, People would rather believe in a science that is un-provable, Un-precedented, And unverifiable, Than a higher being.

Actually, Instead of this argument being straw-man, YOU are straw-man. You tell me not to give scientific evidence that the Bible and God is real, Then you say that the Bible did not provide any scientific evidence to prove that God exists. Just in your argument, You are completely unfair and biased. In the last debate I brought up the Jewish Talmud, Which proved that Jesus existed, Now you gravitate towards proving that God does not exist. You can't prove one topic, Then you try to move on to another topic and try to make your point here. However, What you do not realize is, If you say that God does not exist, That is mere opinion, So even though you might win this debate, You lose the war.

I do wish that you would debate on an intellectual level, Instead of calling me an ignoramus. If you want to call me that, Prove that God does not exist scientifically or otherwise, Until then, You might want to stop making an utter fool of yourself. . . Totally up to you though. Possibly the reason many people believe in God is because people like you have yet to disprove that God exists.

People prove the existence of a higher being on a daily basis. I mean, Look around beyond your self-pity hole. You will see many, Many things that exist, Yet, Had no cause to exist. Things that we use every single day, Eyes, Ears, Smell, Taste, And other faculties. Not to mention the millions of other plants, Animals, And other items that we take for granted. Tell me this, If God is dead. . . Then who is this living inside Christians that makes them totally different from people who do not believe in God? What makes Christians give a rat's butt about other people? Certainly not human nature, . . . I mean, Look around at our modern world and tell me a little about human nature. . . Not so good is it? Yet, Then you see these Christians just going about their business, Doing everything they can to make this world a better place, All the time while people like you are sitting around saying how bad everything is, Yet never actually doing anything. At least Christians are TRYING. You sit behind your little screen and BITCH about everything and how bad the world is, Yet, You do absolutely nothing to try to improve it besides bashing people who are actually trying to make a difference. So what if they believe in an unproven God, You believe in your (according to you) unproven, (existent, But not mattering) self. You don't even know how you exist, Or why you exist. Better to believe in a God that put everything we know into place than be a miserable person that has no reason for existing. I am not bashing you per-say, But, Seriously, If the world is such a bad place, Actually look at the cause of it. From the beginning of recorded time, Humans have been destructive, . . . And you want to know the only thing that brings them together so they do not slaughter each other? It's not human nature son, It is God, Whether you believe in Him or not.
backwardseden

Pro

"I have no idea why it put italics on my post, Probably this dumb @$$ site. . . Could it be, Oh could it be oh watch out that you are a dumb @$$ person?

"So, I am seeing a theme with everyone in this entire debate. They believe that since God allows suffering to go on, Then He must not be real. " Well that"s a good portion of it. But not all of it. Because according to your bible, Your god creates suffering. And the very best part is he obviously loves and cherishes it, Otherwise he would not create it.
"Interesting how people that believe that God does not exist can generalize Him and say how that He allows so much suffering to go on. " Wow. You still don"t get it, Someone who is training to be - what - a lawyer or whatever, And you cannot figure these things out? It is the "belief" in your monstrous caveman underarm spit superior ego god complex in which your bible is entirely about and nothing else. Your bible, In which no god would, Not for any reason, Not ever, As a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible. "Why do people feel that they have to blame God for the SHlT that goes on in this world. " Well duh. Its the "belief" in this homicidal maniac terrorist in which you cannot even prove exists. Apparently you have not read your bible. "Why not look in the mirror and say, "You idiot! YOU are the reason so much crap goes on in this world. " Atheists do. Those that "believe" in YOUR unproven god, Don"t. This in not a terribly hard equation to figure out. "Instead of going out and making a difference in this world and helping to put an end to all the madness, " Ah yes, And yet you swear, Curse, Do your insignificant little jamborees of smiley tones at atheists because you don"t have an answer for what they and I have to say. I get it, So you go out and you specifically, You yourself, That"s right, You make a difference in being the couch potato by picking your butt with a nest of cuddly red ants so you can get a great new high, That"s what you do, Correct? "They sit there in the greasy comfort of their own shack and say, "It's God's fault. " What an easy, SAFE answer. " Strange isn"t it, You still cannot prove that your god exists. Now why is that? All you have is this corrosive acid belief. And as long as you and billions of others have this belief, Then there"s going to be horrific suffering and the hands of your unproven god as there has been in the past WITHOUT PEACE.

"For anyone who does not believe in God, " Well you cannot think of a legitimate reason for anyone to believe. Not one. We"re not talking about the concept of "love" or that your god "created all life" in a meat stew. Legitimate answers please.
"That is fine. Believe what you want. BUT. . . Realize - that - your - "belief" - that - God - does - not - exist - is - exactly - the - same - as - the - next - person's - "belief" - that - God - does - exist. . . " See now that"s where your "dildo desire its nine inches long" Killer P**sy, Is 100% wrong as always. Atheists can prove otherwise through something called science and mathematics. I"m sure you"ve heard of them? Probably not. Anyway did you know that no matter which language you speak 2 + 2 = 4? Provided that the symbols and the language of that equation is not changed. And no matter which language you speak your god can be disproved? Mathematics is the only facts that there are. Your god is not a fact. Your god is not even an establishment. Stephen Hawking and his colleague came up with a mathematical equation proving something does come from nothing. In other words, Your god was not needed to have created the known universe.

"I think you place yourself on a cloud above the rest of humanity. You so loudly scream that God has never been proven, When. . . In fact. . . God has never been unproven either. " Until you prove that your god is proven then he is unproven. And it is always, No exceptions, None, Up to you to prove that this god of yours exists. "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. " You"ve presented absolutely no evidence, None, That your god exists. Neither has anyone else.

"Knowing that, You can take your whole last post and shove it where the sun don't shine, " OK we"re done. I"m not going to take the lip from a teeny bopper of inflamed rectal itch love song harmonics when and where from his wind blows grey matter upside down a cheapened perfume factory. Bye.
Country-of-dummies

Con

Again, Looking beyond the BS that we immediately see, Look at the title of your debate. "The God of the Bible does not exist. " Yet, This is something you cannot prove.

Allow me to put this out there. You have AGAIN fallen into a trap. You say that the Bible is not real in one debate. Okay. You say that Jesus is not real in another debate. Okay. You say that God is not real in this debate. Okay. Can you prove any of this to be completely and utterly true, Beyond a shadow of a doubt? NO you can't. This is why so many people believe in God, Because trolls like you try their best to disprove God, But they fail every single time. I think you waste so much effort trying to disprove everything that pertains to religion, That you forget to look in the mirror in the morning and say, Oh, What a fool I am. I try to prove the un-provable, And try to disprove the un-disprovable. You take a lot on yourself, On a daily basis. I gotta give you a pat on the back though, You do it all and don't even see where you are straw-man. . .

I doubt the idea of healing would enter your mind when thinking about God. How can you explain the amounts of people who have been healed from cancer, Sicknesses, Etc? Magic? No. I know people whom the doctors said were going to die from cancer, But God healed them. Shirley Williams, Misty Burdette, Tecla Miceli, Rick Bolonchuck, Colleen Zoellner, Brittany Bakenhaster, And many, MANY more. How do you atheists explain these things? The doctors said that they were going to die. The sent them home to die. Are you telling me that these people were not healed, But just thought they were? Or were they and the doctors lying? Explain.

Quite simply, The only reason I believe in God is because nothing else makes sense. There is so much evidence against everything humans have come up with that, . . . Everything always leads back to God or a higher life form. If you want to believe anything that man comes up with, That is your choice, But that does not mean that anything and everything you believe is right or makes sense.

Also, Your "science" came up with common-core education, So our kids cannot even count 2+2=4, If you really want to know. You say that God was not needed to have created the universe. Mr Stephen Hawking came up with the idea that something does not come from nothing. This is exactly what the Bible says. You, My atheist little fruit loop, Just proved my point. God was needed for the creation of the universe, Because something does not come from nothing. In other words, The earth, Humans, Animals, Trees, Oceans, Air, The elements, Etc. Did not come from nothing. There are 2 options, Scientifically speaking. Either SOMETHING came from NOTHING, Or SOMEONE created SOMETHING. However, You proved my point that something cannot come from nothing, So in effect, You totally proved my point. . . YET AGAIN. . .

I like the fact that you talk about my language towards you. Believe me, That is not how I usually speak, (look at my past debates), However, I was testing you to see how you react. Believe it or not, This is a common trick in criminal justice. See, I caught your entire personality in a jar with those comments. You believe that you are the only one who can be right, Or be insulting, And that you should be able to say whatever you want, And everyone else is just supposed to shut-up and take it, And if they start treating you like you treat them, You are all done. What a flake you are. This proves your true mindset. You walked right into my rat trap, Willingly. . . The takeaway from this debate is going to be your comments about my comments. You are very pliable, And anyone who was not on the defensive for some reason would have just ignored my comments. You are right, This debate is over. You made a fool of yourself on debate. Org. Are you satisfied? In all of our debates together, You walk right into my traps, Yet you do not even see the logic behind it. Let me explain it to you like you are 3. Every debate that we have had, I have established your entire unfounded beliefs, Just as you have established my entire unfounded beliefs. I know you think you are so much smarter than me, And that might be the case, But I have not let you walk all over me, Like you have done in debates with other people, And that alone pisses you off. In our last debate, I pissed you off so much that you made an awful mistake about God, That I mentioned, But have not really rubbed in that much. If you do not know what I am talking about, Just go back to our last debate, And look at the last few paragraphs, (the part that you did not comment on). This debate, I have again pissed you off enough to get you to walk into yet another trap. You do not want to debate. You want to state your "OPINION" and for everyone to bow down to everything you say. When they don't, You get insulted and want to be done. Fine, Your debate is already up there. If you were as smart as you think you are, You would just put your debate topic up there and never make another comment, Because you keep putting your fungus foot in your mouth, And whether you realize it or not, IT-AIN'T-WORKIN'

Also, You keep turning this into an argument about the Bible. I apologize, But what does that have to do with God? Nada, That's what. If I am right, God existed before the Bible. If the Bible had never been written, God existed. If you are right, . . . I have not idea how the world (past, Present, And future) works. The truth is, There is not one, Logical explanation that humans have come up with to explain the origin of mankind. When scientists come up with a good, Logical explanation for the origin of mankind, I might consider it. Until then, I will leave you to your you-tube hypothesis explanations.

Next, I would like to turn the focus on the Bible, Since you bring it up. Nothing that the Bible says has ever been disproven. Quite frankly, Science has just not proven the Bible wrong yet. Will science ever prove the Bible wrong? No, Because most of what the Bible says pertains to things that has to do with God, Not with science. God and science are on 2 totally different levels, And always will be. Why? God = spiritual: science = mortal. God = infinite: science = finite. I guess you will spend the rest of your life trying to prove that the belief in God is not real from your own "belief" that God is not real. It's a free country though, So go right ahead. . .

wallah. . .
backwardseden

Pro

OK. I'm ending this fiasco. You either pay attention to the rules, Or you don't. If you don't, In which you haven't thus far and have done everything in your minuscule blowhard power of nothingness to rewrite the established rules, And utterly failed because you are a whiny preachy self absorbed rubber ducky jacka$$ who only pays attention to his ding-a-ling sophomoric idiot bible bruise set on gasoline fire cookie brain, Then you forfeit this debate. I DO NOT pay attention to your rules. Got it? If you don't like it tough. God are you boring.
Now let's see what your tinsel mind brought up from your most recent RD?

Strike paragraph 2. It has nothing to do with the rules. So no I'm not going to "allow" one god damned thing.

Strike paragraph 3. You have no proof.

Strike paragraph 4. Who cares what YOU "think"? Here's you a true walking 18 year old dildo ready to become a lawyer. WHAT? And you stated something THAT amazingly stupid and ignorant? Here's you "I'm a complete imbecile. I don't have the answers to unlock the keys to the universe and I'm phenomenally lazy. So rather than searching for them, I will say 'POOF, Therefore god'. BANG shebam, I'm right and all good decent scientists who spend their lifetimes searching for those answers are wrong. AND EVERYBODY AND all religions are false also but damn I can't prove them wrong as well so once again, I'm lazy and I don't care about any truth AT ALL so once again, POOF, Therefore god because I'm stupid and as ignorant as they come. " My isn't it grand to be you?

Strike paragraph 5. Yeah you are training to become a lawyer? Not if you cannot read. But you state that you are a christian. Yeah you can clum yourself with supposed christians as they have a nasty habit of not being able to READ. Your professors would flat out flunk you in nanoseconds. Now where did I state "You say that God was not needed to have created the universe. " And where did I state "Mr Stephen Hawking came up with the idea that something does not come from nothing. " You might want to recheck both of those. And then prove that your god created the known universe and "The earth, Humans, Animals, Trees, Oceans, Air, The elements, Etc. " So what if that's what the bible says? Every single religion has its own creation myth. Oh and btw, If you check up on many different bible translations, That's not what the bible says. Oh and prove the bible to be true when no god would be stupid enough, Not ever, Not for any reason to use TEXT, Namely your bible, Not ever, Not for any reason, As a form of communication, The absolute worst form of communication possible. Oh yeah teeny bopper with the brain of silly pity, There's at least 50 reasons why this is 100% true and irrefutable. Let's see if your bionic booby mind can think of at least 3. If not, Then you are a complete failure to your religion.

Strike paragraph 6. You can't test me especially when I do it to you and I simply don't put up with gunk of cereal spaghetti westerns without the samurai classics that you are not educated enough to know anything about.

Strike paragraph 7. A$$ usuhole an idiot question from an idiot person. "Also, You keep turning this into an argument about the Bible. I apologize, But what does that have to do with God? " Your bible, Duh, Is the ---only--- gateway, Duh, That you have to your unproven god. DUH. You have nothing else. NADA. And considering the 100% absolute fact, And I know I'm repeating myself to someone who is completely and totally ignorant on this subject as clearly as you are as ringing a bell in your brain which chimes in to your you know where areas for help in getting a happy hairy hard off so you can cough like the sloth that you clearly are so you can see stars when you do the deed when you breed. Oh that's never happened? Too bad. Anyway, Your god, In which is a superior ego god complex and nothing else according to your bible, Would never use text as a form f communication, The worst form of communication possible.

Strike paragraph 8. The bible has been disproven all the time. None of it is historically accurate. No prophecies have been fulfilled. Jesus has never been proved to exist just like your unproven god. Slaves were not "slaves" under Egyptian rule, But were treated extremely well and not harshly according to your bible. The great flood ---never--- happened. The ark could have never floated. There are a good 1, 000 or better contradictions and inconsistencies in your bible so thus they couldn't have happened etc etc etc. Just because you are completely brainwashed into your ridiculous religion and billions of others are not, That doesn't mean that the entire world should follow YOU. Even if someone, Anyone were to agree with ---exactly--- what you were to say, Think and dream, You would still manage to find fault with that person or group of people.

Yeppers, All of your ideals go chopitty chop. Because there's nothing intelligent you had to say. No evidence of anything that is true that you brought up. NOTHING.

Now go night night and don't let the bed bugs bite and thus turn you into a werewolf so you can meow at the moon on a rainy smoke filled smoggy day.
Country-of-dummies

Con

okay, Now for the real person who has to wrap this fiasco up. . .

Strike paragraph 1. It is only YOUR opinion that I am boring. The proof that this is not boring is that there are 150+ comments on this debate. When"s the last time anybody saw that?

Strike sentence 2. Not only do I not have a tinsel mind, You hardly brought up any of the points I made to refute them.

Strike sentence 3. There is nothing in the "rules" that says anything about what I can say about your argument. Establishing the fact that you cannot disprove God shows that God, At least "might" be real, Which is one of the rules for this debate.

Strike sentence 4. The same person who ranted in his last post about me not being able to read, Does not even know how to use google" let alone any other scholarly sources"

Strike paragraph 5. If I was lazy, I would not be arguing with a fool. On top of that, Backwardseden elevates what he believes above every other religion, How, Nobody knows because (I"ll say it again), His belief that God is not real is exactly the same as another person"s belief that God IS real. Both are unfounded, Both are unprovable"

Strike paragraph 6. God does not communicate through the Bible. This has been proven in past debates. I have already given 3 reasons, And I am not going to repeat myself like you do backwardseden.

Strike" eh" sentence 7. Uneducated people" children" could insult people more than backwardseden"

Strike paragraph 8. When you do not read what you wrote, And put" "f" communication, Instead of" "of" communication, You no longer have the right to speak"

Strike paragraph 8. My gosh you have a perverted view of the Bible, History, Archaeology, And everything else in this world. When is the last time you opened your eyes and looked around" beyond your self-pity slime pit and greasy you-tube videos? You are ignorant: ignorance meaning that you don"t know what and when you don"t know. You might be "smart, " but at the same time, You are ignorant because you choose to be.

Altogether, You have wasted so much space on this website in what appears to be you trying to prove to everyone that God does not exist. However, The only true thing that I see, From everything from you, Is that the whole time you are trying to prove to everyone else that God does not exist, You are really only trying to prove it to yourself. Someone that knows that God does not exist, "does not need to put up the same debates over and over, But you do. You are the type of person who likes to defeat other people"s logic, And what they know" not so they will "see the truth, " but so you can feel better about yourself.

Like you said, "Yeppers, All of your ideals go chopitty chop. Because there's nothing intelligent you had to say. No evidence of anything that is true that you brought up. NOTHING. "
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@SickInTheHeadz - No he's referring to his god from what he thinks he feels. But the funny thing is he can't prove it and yet he expects and assumes everybody to believe as he does otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned his moneybag "I am just wondering: have you ever tried to feel God? Have you ever asked Him to come into your heart? " and thou shalt always keep thy religion to thyself! But there's a serious problem with that question he asked. A very serious problem. Think about it. . . Don't you think that his unproven god if in any possible way were true should enter people hearts and not the other way around? Especially those in need? Especially the suffering? Especially the children that suffer? These children have no idea that this god of his/ theirs even exists, Especially splat right there in the middle of the Brazillian rain forests. In other words, You MUST pray to this god of his/ theirs BEFORE he will enter your heart. And if these kids are truly suffering, How will they know how and or what to pray to and for what to pray for? Yeah. That's how this god of his operates. Its sickening and truly hideous.
Notice how extremely rude, Smug and arrogant supposed christians are? They ---never--- and I do mean ---never---, Not once here on DDO has anyone, Unless I mentioned it to them, Has asked me what I 100% know to be true? But the differenced is, I can prove it whereas what they believe in is based on faith, Entirely faith and nothing else. "Faith is the reason people give when they don't have evidence. " Country-of-dummies and no one of his faith has ---any--- evidence otherwise his god would be made well known by now and all other religions would have vanished and his pathetic ridiculous god would be the only god idolized and worshiped. Thankfully the human race has a lot more common sense than that.
Posted by SickInTheHeadz 3 years ago
SickInTheHeadz
I am pretty sure what he said can be applied to any God, And did apply to any God ever invented in history. Everyone, If committed to thinking positively about something, Will sooner or later develop an attachment and "feel" that thing in his "heart". This is my assumption from observation of myself when I was religious, And attached to different things when I was a child.

Now, His claim that he "senses" God - this is only true to him. It is obviously not true to me as I have no way of even observing such a thing.

@Country-of-dummies
You said
"I know a few ways you can feel God, If you choose. I would send them to you"
If this demands that I accept the existence of God before I feel it, Then it's obvious that sooner or later I will start feeling my own knowledge about God as real, Which might be mistakenly interpreted by our senses as "sensing" God, When in fact what you are sensing is just your imagination about God and good feelings that come with it.

But however, If you have a real way for me to feel God, Please show me. But make it an easy way. I don't want something like "spend 30 days in a desert".
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
"You say that God was not needed to have created the universe. " Nope, Sorry I didn't say that.
"Mr Stephen Hawking came up with the idea that something does not come from nothing. " Actually no, Duh what he did say and what his mathematical equations prove is that something DOES come from nothing. Thus YOUR god was not needed to have created the known universe.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Country-of ninnies "I am just wondering: have you ever tried to feel God? Have you ever asked Him to come into your heart? " Why would anyone knowingly "want" to? I mean "why believe"? See, You cannot legitimately answer that question. I'm not talking about a stupid unremarkable answer like "god is love" or "god created all life". I'm talking about a true legitimate answer. If you were to have actually read your bible, In which you have clearly not, That is so ridiculously painfully obvious, You would not have a legitimate answer. Let's give you a morality test and see how you do. If you answer "yes" to any of these 6 questions, It means that you are as immoral as your god. If you answer "no" to all 6 questions, It means you are moral, However you disobey your god which would mean your death. Ready?
According to your god you should be put to death if you blaspheme. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Leviticus 24:16, According to your god you should be put to death if you work on the sabbath. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Exodus 31:14, And Numbers 15: 32-36, According to your god you should be put to death if you curse at your parents. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9, Mark 7:10, Matthew 15:4, According to your god you should be put to death if you commit adultery. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Leviticus 20:10. That's directly from your 10 commandments. Here are some other things that YOUR god thinks you should be put to death for. . . According to your god you should be put to death if you are a homosexual? Do you think that's a proper belief? Y___? N____? Leviticus 20:13, According to your god you should be put to death if you do not worship him. Do you think that's a proper belief? Y____? N____? Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 and Deuteronomy 17: 2-5.
Btw, Your N. T. Is far worse with its immorality.
The answer is "no" I would never want your god in my life.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@SickInTheHeadz - Yeah. If god is real and he created man as the bible states, Then he is ultimately RESPONSIBLE for man. Just like parents are ultimately responsible for their children. There is absolutely no other way of looking at it.
Posted by SickInTheHeadz 3 years ago
SickInTheHeadz
"if God is real, He is to blame. If God is not real, Humans are to blame. "
This simply means that humans are at fault for their actions, But if God is real and he created humans, He is at fault as well for the actions of humans.
It's not just one cause, One thing to blame. There is always multiple things to blame, From the person to the environment, To their causes and the causes of their causes.
Posted by Country-of-dummies 3 years ago
Country-of-dummies
I am just wondering: have you ever tried to feel God? Have you ever asked Him to come into your heart? That is the only way you can feel Him. Just walking down the street, Going to work or whatever, You are not going to feel God. You don't feel Him unless you ask to feel Him, Then it is up to you to believe. If you don't believe, Or stop believing, Then you will not feel god. I know a few ways you can feel God, If you choose. I would send them to you, If you wish, But again, You have to want to feel Him. You can't just sit there like a rock, You have to involve yourself. Just let me know if you would like me to send you what I am talking about. If not, I respect that.
Posted by SickInTheHeadz 3 years ago
SickInTheHeadz
@Country-of-dummies
I do not feel what you feel.

But if you do feel that God exists, Then that's obvious proof for you. If you feel God, Then it's obvious that you know he exists that way, And your belief in him is completely justified. But this is only if you actually feel God's existence through your senses. In that case, Feel free to believe. I won't question your senses. I mean, I could, But I have no reason to.
Country-of-dummies
Sick in the headz, Unfortunately, You are wrong, At least about me. I consider that God may not be real. When I face something in my life that, . . . Is really hard, And I do not know how it is going to turn out, . . . And I don't hear God answering, I wonder, . . . God? Are you there? But, I always know that God is there, Not because someone tells me that God is there, Not because my parents believe in God, But because I have a personal relationship with God, And I feel Him in my heart. Is this proof that God is real? It may not be for you, But it is for me. I don't believe in God because the Bible tells me to, Or because anyone else tells me to. Since you are generalizing people, (Christians) why don't you also examine the fact that most atheists were once Christians? When the truth really comes out, Most atheists do not just "not believe that there is a God" but they hate God. Any observer to backwardseden, You, And Omar2345 not only does not believe in God, But hates God. I proved that in one of my debates with backwardseden: I caught him hating God. You are very careful to say "if" God exists, For the very reason that you do not want to get caught up in hating God, So I do not know what your true feelings are, And you will not share your true feelings. The fact that you know Christians, And Christianity so well leads me to believe that you know a Christian or many Christians, But you turned from Christianity. I don't know the truth behind your life, But you know the truth behind mine. Obviously, I am not ashamed of my life, But you are. That leads me to believe that you are not very proud of your life. Therefore, Since I say that God exists, You blame Him, Which is fine. Humans have to find someone, ANYONE to blame for their short-comings, . . . And anyone who can take that blame that we cannot see. . . Works out just fine for you. Who is the one with the double standards? Look at what you say, "if God is real, He is to blame. If God is not real, Humans are to blame. " Huh. ?
Posted by SickInTheHeadz 3 years ago
SickInTheHeadz
But of course, Christians have logical double-standards.
They consider that their God is real, Even tho it is a consideration without proof, While at the same time rejecting all other Gods and possibilities. And no Christian can possibly explain the scientific reason for why they accept one thing without proof and reject other things without proof. This is an obvious logical double-standard.

The explanation?
Most of the Christians are Christians because their parents were Christians. Just like most of muslims have muslim parents. Pretty much any religion is easily inherited from parents to a child. People tend to trust their parents more, And they don't like disappointing them, Which is what could happen if they changed religion.
There is of course even a larger explanation presented by backwardseden in his debate "where did God come from? A dream, A lie and explanation".

Another reason why Christians believe in God is because it likely makes them feel good knowing that there is someone watching over them and that everything will be as they like in the end. Also, It comforts them that there is no actual death, But rather a journey from this world to the other. But again, I can't really explain this as good as Aron Ra or backwardseden in his debate. So maybe check on that.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
backwardsedenCountry-of-dummiesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con cursed. That's poor conduct.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
backwardsedenCountry-of-dummiesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro cursed. That's poor conduct.