Anonymous
omar2345

The hypocrisy of America

Pro

As a fellow American, I can't help but notice the hypocrisy of American culture and the hypocrisy of the American people. This country tries to make the rest of the world believe that it's fair and just, But America's real history is built on lies, Murder and favoritism. That's a guaranteed fact that can't be disputed. From holidays to ridiculous laws, This country is one gigantic hypocrite that's on its last leg. I'd love to hear your illogical argument against something that's so blatant to everyone around the world. America is a troublemaker and it has been a thorn in every other nation's side thanks to how crooked it truly is.
omar2345

Con

I'll make an argument while also trying to rebut his claims with my 3k character limit okay.

The decleration of independance was made to protect LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS. This is the best document ever. These fundamental priniciples has helped govern the United States and make it the great power it is today. If USA was not around Russia would have take over the Middle East and other places which they deem profitable. Without the military America has the rest of the world would be incapable of defending themselves against Russia or even China.

Since I do not understand your point I will ask questions.

I can't help but notice the hypocrisy of American culture
What is American culture?

But America's real history is built on lies, Murder and favoritism.
Provide evidence and tell me how this is bad.

That's a guaranteed fact that can't be disputed.
If you do not give me sources your burden of proof has not been fulfilled.

From holidays to ridiculous laws
Holidays are just time off school and work. How is that a bad thing?
Laws are put in place to protect people. Give me a law that is bad.

America is a troublemaker and it has been a thorn in every other nation's side thanks to how crooked it truly is.
Turns out the persians really like them when they were in Syria being troublemakers. Now that they have left guess the USA can't do good for them in remaining in Syria and being troublemakers.

Trump to Allow Months for Troop Withdrawal in Syria, Officials Say (NY Times)

Pro

My opponent ran straight to the good old Declaration of Independence for refuge, But ended up putting his foot in his mouth. The "Declaration" is one gigantic document that's full of LIES. You said that the (Declaration) "was made to protect life, Liberty etc, And that it's the best document ever. " If this nonsense is true, Then why were Black people still enslaved during this time? I'm sure Black people would fully disagree that it's the best document ever. Another lie is that America celebrate's the "4th of July" because it's the day we gained independence from Great Britain. . . Nope, This act "actually" took place on July 2 via the Continental Congress. The "4th" was actually the day America adopted the "Declaration. " Thomas Jefferson was one of the authors of the "Declaration, " but Thomas Jefferson was also a racist who owned hundreds of slaves. This is why your argument has no foundation.

This is also why you shouldn't let your emotions get in the way of providing a solid argument. The rest of your ramblings hold no weight, Which doesn't need to be retorted.
omar2345

Con

You said that the (Declaration) "was made to protect life, Liberty etc, And that it's the best document ever. " If this nonsense is true, Then why were Black people still enslaved during this time?
Can America make mistakes and improve on them? If it was built on lies how about now when blacks are not slaves anymore?

Another lie is that America celebrate's the "4th of July" because it's the day we gained independence from Great Britain. . . Nope, This act "actually" took place on July 2 via the Continental Congress.
It is a holiday yet you make it as a big deal. Why the vote actually is actually on the 4 rather then 2nd is because "The Congress had voted to declare independence two days earlier, On July 2, But it was not declared until July 4" Source: Wikipedia (Independence Day)

but Thomas Jefferson was also a racist who owned hundreds of slaves. This is why your argument has no foundation.
"To Jefferson, It was anti-democratic and contrary to the principles of the American Revolution for the federal government to enact abolition or for only a few planters to free their slaves. " Source: Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's Attitudes Toward Slavery). You are holding Thomas Jefferson accountable to today standards. That is not fair. You can still make the claim he is racist but he created the documents which eventually allowed slaves to be freed. Without the document it would most likely had happened by forced. Sure there was a revolution but it could have been worse without a Declaration of Independence.

This is also why you shouldn't let your emotions get in the way of providing a solid argument.
You called Thomas Jefferson a racist leaving what he did. Your emotions are getting in the way of a sollid argument.

The rest of your ramblings hold no weight, Which doesn't need to be retorted.
I ask you questions to understand your position yet you call it ramblings? Your ramblings hold no weight because there are one-sided that can easily debunked with a few Google searches.

Pro

As you can see, My opponent is changing his tune once I caught him with those insane "Declaration of Independence" arguments. You said that "America makes mistakes & improves on them. " Ok. . . So why would you say that it's the best document ever when you knew that Black people were suffering under it? . . . Better yet, Did you even know that Black people were still slaves during this time? If so, You're in a catch 22 situation by your own admission.

We're all well-aware that Independence Day is a holiday. Your speech on the Continental Congress is exactly what I said in my previous argument, Which proves my point. My research came from https://www. Nps. Gov/inde/learn/historyculture/resources. Your research came from Wikipedia as you just stated.

No matter what Thomas Jefferson said, He still owned hundreds of slaves. Of course, A politician will say anything positive to make himself look good to his audience. Syria? America is only in foreign countries for economic interest i. E. Natural resources. Laws? I don't condone drugs, But here's a factual statement. Crack addicts get thrown into prison while opioid addicts go to drug treatment centers. B. Cosby goes to prison over (hearsay) while Harvey Weinstein gets all of his charges dropped despite having (recorded evidence) against him. I'm sure you can see the blatant contradiction/hypocrisy.

I said that America's history is built on lies, Murder & favoritism, But you said provide evidence & tell me why it's bad. . . Really? So. . . What you're saying is that murder isn't bad? Oh that's right. . . Only when it happens to other races of people.
Here are the facts: America hides its crimes with holidays i. E. Thanksgiving. America pays the descendants of the (fake) Jews billions in reparations every year, But refuse to pay the descendants of slaves $1 even though slaves built this country. Nope, The Irish (were not) slaves, They were indentured servants.
omar2345

Con

You said that "America makes mistakes & improves on them. " Ok. . . So why would you say that it's the best document ever when you knew that Black people were suffering under it?
They made a mistake and improve on it. Why are you judging them with present day norms? That isn't fair if you think America could have stop or ended slavery earlier instead the argument should American's had slaves, Had a revolution and slaves were no more. It has improved but you can't actually admit that and by the way.

Your. . . stated.
Lets look at your source to see how wrong you are. From this source 1 it states "Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence two days later, July 4, 1776". Meant they also state the same thing for when Independance day is. You have no point here instead your point is basically they made independance day 2 days late therefore they are hypocrites. Awful point. Another quote in there states this "On August 2, 1776, When most delegates signed the Declaration of Independence, It became official. " which meant not everyone sign the document then the more reasonable stance would be that they had to wait until they did meaning. Meaning not everyone signed it on 2nd and other delegates required more time. Did you even read your source? By the way you source goes to resources instead of the independance day directly. Wonder why?

Syria? America. . . interest
Are Russia also hypocrites when they also intervened? If not what is so hypocrtical about this? Who said we can't go to war?

B. Cosby goes to. . . him.
These were two different cases with different problems. Am I supposed to say money does not get you outside of jail time? It does and that is a problem. It doesn't make America hypocrites instead rich people can avoid jail time.

But here's a. . . treatment centers
No evidence given so I can dismiss without evidence. Above I was speaking about two different cases whereas he you are generalising two drug offenders. My stance is reasonable whereas your generalisation is not.

Murder & favoritism
Tell me a place where this isn't a thing? You are making as though the British Empire was not built on favouritism and murder.

America hides its crimes with holidays i. E. Thanksgiving
Do tell me the crimes next Round.

America pays the. . . This country.
Many factors go into this. Jews were persecuted in many places whereas blacks are still common across the world. Jews are a minority compared to black due oppression by the Middle East which forced them into Israel and some people went to America and other western countries.

Your claims miss out a lot of what America has done so that your narrative can be pushed. A simple so what slaves were banned right? So you are talking about two different cases right? So you are comparing minority interms of a world population or blacks?

I can't even get into to much detail because of the character limit so I am forced to barely talk about issues. Blame Pro for decreasing the word count. The word counts start at 8k not 3k.

Pro

It's clear that you refuse to answer the questions, Which is why you're trying to change the narrative of the questions. You said that the "Declaration" is the best document ever. " Did you not say that? I asked (you) that 'if the "Declaration" is the best document ever, Then why would you say that if you knew that Black people suffered under it. . . You replied "they made a mistake. " That's not an answer because I asked (you) personally, " why would you say that? " You're running from a basic question because you actually didn't know that Black people were still enslaved during that time.

Sir, If you actually think that America, Russia or whoever else are in foreign countries for diplomatic reasons, Then you're highly mistaken. As a nine-year USAF vet. , I can personally tell you what's going on because I was actually there. Are you aware that Afghanistan produces 90% of the world's opium supply? Did you know that heroin is made from opium? Are you aware that America has record-breaking deaths via heroin/opioid? So, Why do you think that America, China etc, Are all on the African continent? You do know that Africa has more natural resources than any other continent? Ever wonder why China & America keep butting heads?

I don't condone law breaking, But I'll just say that "Cosby goes to prison over hearsay while Weinstein gets all charged dropped despite recorded evidence. M. Jackson gets dragged through the mud without any evidence while Elvis barely gets mentioned for having sexual relations with a 15-year-old. Yes, Priscilla was 15. R. Kelly gets full-attention for sexual allegations while Rob Lowe fly's under the radar even though there's a tape with him & a 16-year-old engaging in sex acts. So. . . I guess that's not hypocrisy?

You can't deny the contradiction of the 80s crack epidemic to today's opioid epidemic. It's funny how Congress passed a bill in 2016 for additional drug-treatment centers. It's funny how Obama requested $1. 1 billion to pay for more addiction-treatment programs. Back in the 80s/90s, It's funny how those crack addicts went straight to prison.

You asked about murder/favoritism? . . . Simple answer: Law enforcement. Innocent people getting killed by rogue cops & the cops beat the charges in 90% of the cases even though there's (video evidence). How do you refute recorded evidence?

Jews? Are you even aware that those people aren't the real Jews? Yes, You absolutely know they're fake because you said that they were forced into Israel. So. . . Where did they come from? By the way. . . Jew & Jewish are two different things. Why do those Euro- Jews, Put the "ish" suffix on the end? Lol. Explain to me what a suffix is?

Despite myself creating this debate, You deflected from answering most questions. On the other hand, I presented solid facts that can be easily found with the click of a mouse. It's not my place to guide you to every single source. Thanks
omar2345

Con

The Declaration of Independence is the best document ever because of the foundation it left to make the most powerful country in the present. You take mistakes as if it was the fault of the document. It was the culture that normalized having slaves and when Americans became more progressive they revolted and freed the slaves.

Are all on the African continent?
I don't know but it doesn't provide a point to why Americans are hypocrites.

I guess that's not hypocrisy?
You provided specific examples to suit your narrative instead of why it occurred. Weinstein pretty much owned women even though they spoke up where are there testimonies? Harvey Weinstein's trail has been pushed back to June so he hasn't been left off. So Fake news. The problem with both cases is that one has gone to trail so that other has not. Wait for the other one has gone to trial before you say something. Do you know how popular M. Jackson was? People wanted his money not because they were right. It is like some people with Cosby case. There are sick individuals who state false testimonies just to get his money. Janice Dickinson comes to mind for lying about it what she said in a book so that she can bribe Cosby for money.

Governments do make mistakes. The way you improve on those mistakes is to solve the problem not like you who tells a biased side of a story.

Law enforcement. Innocent people getting killed by rogue cops & the cops beat the charges in 90% of the cases even though there's
This has got to be a lie. You are basically saying here more cops abuse their authority more than they do not. The number you gave was at 90%. I am going to dismiss this until you give evidence.

Jews? Are you even aware that those people aren't the real Jews?
You really are trying to paint a narrative. Now I don't even know what it is. Jew are Jews whether they are from Europe, America or Israel are still Jews. Jew and Jewish mean the same thing.

I presented solid facts that can be easily found with the click of a mouse. It's not my place to guide you to every single source.
Solid facts? He provided one source and even then when I looked into it he missed out certain sentences to suit his narrative. He made this debate to confirm his biases instead of actually wanting to learn something.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Einstein. . . (fallen & falling) are not the same. Your own semantics with words has gotten you confused. Lol
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
If Britain has not FALLEN, Past tense, Then the statement "every empire in history has FALLEN" is false. Making you wrong.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
There are no incorrect tenses in fallen empires because history proves it.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
That doesn't mean you can justify incorrect tenses that invalidate your statement.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
History is also being created everyday.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Falling is separate from fallen and you said every empire in history has fallen.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Well. . . Looks like it's currently falling right about now. Guess you haven't been watching the news lately. Lol.
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
Give me a date for the fall of the British Empire.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
@screenjack Where are my sources? Proof? All you got to do is open your eyes. You're probably one of those guys who never set foot outside of your suburban bubble. OK. . . So why is America & other nations in Africa? Why do you put all of your faith in the American government when it has a documented history of lying? . . . Hey screenjack. . . Where are those weapons of mass destruction? I'd love to hear your excuse.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
K_Michael_Tolman I'm not talking about debt either, But every empire has fallen. And history proves it.