Coolguy11
Coo72kie

The left is racist, and sexist

Coo72kie has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Coolguy11

Pro

From what I've seen, the left heavily divides people based on race and sex. For example, the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement comes from the left, and the reason it's racist is because it isolates a certain race of people, discriminates them from the other races. Discrimination based on race is racist (I think every life matters, not just black ones). They also divide people sexually, for example they talk about the "wage gap." The existence of it is not relevant (it's a different issue) but it proves that they divide people into classes by sex (i.e. men make a certain amount and women make a certain amount). There are more examples I can say in later rounds so this isn't too wordy. Bottom line: the left is racist and sexist. Maybe I'm wrong we'll see.
Coo72kie

Con

OK, I'm going to try to not take this too much to heart and have a civilized debate. I am going to say though, what you have said and labeled the leftist orientation as is totally uncalled for and offensive. To start off my side of this debate I want to try and debunk what you have said. First of all, the Black Lives Matters Movement. I understand what you are getting at in your explanation of your views, although you are only seeing black and white ( I will probably come back to this a lot.). Although it may seem like the Black Lives Matters Movement is racist in the way that it is trying to protect Black Lives along with others, the Black Lives Matter movement wasn't created to say that only black lives matter. The movement was created to say that black lives matter TOO. Around the time this modifier was created there was a rise in the number of African American police brutality cases and homicides. The BLM movement wasn't created to discriminate and exclude other races of people, it was created to say, "Hey we are here and people too." It was only meant to be a wake up call to others in the nation.

Now the wage gap. I have no clue how you came up with the idea that the wage gap was created by the left side. The only thing the left side is trying to do with the wage gap is get rid of it so that all workers working the same job and doing the same work are making the same pay. This is no way sexist at all. If anything it is including and interweaving the sexes. I have no clue how you came up with the idea that closing an unfair pay gap is sexist.

This is all I have to say about what you had to say in your first post. Although there is one thing that I do want to point out. Around the time of Richard Nixon's presidency, the Democratic and Republican parties' views switched. Around the civil war Southern slave owners voted more democratic and Northern civil right believers voted more republican. The Democratic party at that time (now Republican and right side party.) believed that African Americans were not even considered people. African Americans were used as slaves by now Republican citizens.

That is all I have to say for my first round.
Coolguy11

Pro

So with the BLM stuff you said, it may have good intentions but the reason it was created is still racist. Police brutality is bad no matter whom it happens to, so when people see a rise in brutality happening to blacks, they are still dividing people (in this case, brutality victims) by race. Not every black person is a victim of this and some people from other races are victims. If they want to fight against brutality (a fight I would join) then they shouldn't make it a race issue.
The reason I think the wage gap is a leftist issue is because I rarely see a non-leftist presenting it as a problem. If people are getting paid less for the same work that should be a problem in itself, not a women's problem. It's still divisive because it presents men and women as two different classes of workers.
We can talk about the party stuff another time but notice how I said "leftists are racist/sexist," not "Democrats are racist/sexist." Leftist philosophy, no matter what party holds it, is the topic of discussion here :).
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Both sides can have stupid and racists people lets live it at that such as the KKK being on one side while the left side can have some racist people of their own.
Posted by Minddagger 3 years ago
Minddagger
"OK, I'm going to try to not take this too much to heart and have a civilized debate. I am going to say though, what you have said and labeled the leftist orientation as is totally uncalled for and offensive"

Pro obviously hurt Con's Fee Fee's
Posted by YakovF 3 years ago
YakovF
tru