TKDB
conservative.justice

The legalization of recreational weed is a constructive ideal?

conservative.justice has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TKDB

Con

Sonofcharl: Made a peculiar point in a previous debate:

Sonofcharl: "Society is fickle, it apparently picks and chooses it's friends and enemies at random and without equal consideration."

Sonofcharl: Definition of fickle: adjective: 1.
likely to change, especially due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable:

Sonofcharl: I disagree, Society isn't fickle, but individual can choose to be fickle.

Sonofcharl: When a driver of a vehicle is driving down a roadway erratically, is the vehicle being fickle, or is the driver being fickle?

Sonofcharl: When a weed user is smoking weed in a vehicle and then drives off to merge into the traffic while high on weed, is the weed user being fickle, or is the car being fickle because the driver is illegally driving the vehicle into traffic?

Sonofcharl: "Alcohol, prescription drugs and mobile phones however are generally regarded as social norms and necessities. So demonization therefore is hypocritically regarded (when compared to marijuana use) not to be in the public interest."

Sonofcharl: Another peculiar point:

Sonofcharl: "I do not have a strong opinion with regard to "weed legalization".

Particularly this one: "I am happy to accept the status quo."

Sonofcharl: I have a question for your statement:

Sonofcharl: Do you maybe view legal weed use as a sort of "status quo?"

Sonofcharl: Is alcohol use maybe status quo as well?

Sonofcharl: "Society legislates, based on current thinking and rationale and should not automatically bow to the pressure of a minority voice. That voice should always be listened to, but in the end there should always be a collective decision."

Sonofcharl: "A collective decision?" (Is your commentary maybe a byproduct from some of the various polls, studies, and surveys that been conducted in regard to weed legalization?

Does the legalization of weed then make a weed users drug use a norm, or a necessity?
conservative.justice

Pro

The legalization of most things, weed included, is a conservative ideal. Conservatives want the least government control and regulation, therefore no regulation of weed is a conservative ideal.
TKDB

Con

Sonofcharl: Another peculiar point:

conservative.justice:

What sources are you using to base your point of views on?

What websites, newspaper's, or magazine's are you deriving your stances off of?

Or is your point of view "opionion based only?"
conservative.justice

Pro

My stance is that we should limit the federal governments power at all costs. That means legalizing marijuana. I get my stance from my life and how the governments has limited my life. Also history, all through history government switch a lot of power, abuse that power and become corrupt. No my view point is not just 'opinion based only'. It's fact based.
TKDB

Con

conservative.justice:

Or is your point of view "opinion based only?"

conservative.justice:
"My stance is that we should limit the federal governments power at all costs. That means legalizing marijuana. I get my stance from my life and how the governments has limited my life. Also history, all through history government switch a lot of power, abuse that power and become corrupt. No my view point is not just 'opinion based only'. It's fact based."

Some sources for the debate:

NORML,
High Times,
The Cannabist,
Herb.com.

Some other sources:
Parents Opposed to Pot,
CALM (Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana)
Rise Above the Influence.
TeenInk.com (Against Legalizing Marijuana)

conservative.justice: Have you ever heard of any of them?

conservative.justice: "My stance is that we should limit the federal governments power at all costs."

The actions of the drunk drivers, and the costs of their illegal drunk driving actions?
(The costs to the family member or family members, who were taken by the action of the drunk drivers?)

The actions of the drugged drivers, and the costs of their illegal drugged driving actions?

When an underage weed user teachers another underage individual how to use weed? When a family discovers that their kid learned to use how to weed from another weed user?
(The costs of that interaction?)

conservative.justice: Do you have any thoughts on those apparent costs?

conservative.justice: Can a law created in this country compel anyone to break any said law or laws?
(Illegal recreational weed use, alcohol and weed use combined IE drunk and drugged driving by those who are mixing alcohol and weed use?)

conservative.justice: Or might an offender by ignoring or breaking a law, cause the trouble that they get into by their own actions?
conservative.justice

Pro

Yes, of course I have heard of those biased sources. I go to a Catholic school. The whole system revolves banning weed. There are even more completely biased sources that you can use for their misleading facts. In example, DrugFreeWorld.com

As for the actions of drugged drivers, there is already a law to stop drugged driving, another law WILL NOT help. Instead of trying to stop drugged driving and ignoring the problem. How about you try to promote good driving. Studies have shown that drugged driving deaths haven"t decreased in states that have legalized marijuana. Address the person COMMITING the crime,

You other point is completely worthless and dumb. The underage weed user is commiting a crime, latterly by definition he is underage and shouldn"t have weed. If he broke the law their how do we expect him to do ANY different when weed is illegal.

Do you really think that another law will stop criminals? News Flash, criminals don"t follow laws.

Are you happy to give a government more power and lessen your freedoms for some safety that probably won"t happen?
I"m sure not
TKDB

Con

conservative justice:: "Yes, of course I have heard of those biased sources. I go to a Catholic school. The whole system revolves banning weed. There are even more completely biased sources that you can use for their misleading facts. In example, DrugFreeWorld.com.

conservative.justice: You come back with this source. "Drug Free World.com," and you view their facts as misleading?

conservative.justice: I see, are you maybe trying to passively imply that this website is maybe lying by expressing supposedly misleading facts?

What about these previously mentioned websites?

Parents Opposed to Pot,
Rise Above the Influence.

Especially this website, TeenInk.com (Against Legalizing Marijuana) The teenagers on this website, do you maybe view the information on that website as misleading as well?

So when you have teenagers disagreeing with the illegal weed use going on by the under-aged weed users weed use going on around them, are you going to call their points of view misleading? (Is this what you are maybe getting at?)

Did you watch the video about "They said/ They Lied" Are the kids in that video lying?

Do you maybe view their individual experiences as figments of their individual imaginations?

You other point is completely worthless and dumb. The underage weed user is committing a crime, latterly by definition he is underage and shouldn't"t have weed. If he broke the law their how do we expect him to do ANY different when weed is illegal.

constructive.justice: Weed use isn't a dumb or a worthless ideal?

constructive.justice: A kids illegal weed use is going to make his or her life better?
(When he goes to work, and gets tested for drug use and fails the drug test, are you still going to express this odd point of view to his workplace about his drug use and its not being accepted at his work? (If he broke the law their how do we expect him to do ANY different when weed is illegal.)

How about this pint of view: Do you mean to tell me that a weed user after using weed maybe ones t know how to tell right from wrong?

constructive.justice: " As for the actions of drugged drivers, there is already a law to stop drugged driving, another law WILL NOT help. Instead of trying to stop drugged driving and ignoring the problem. How about you try to promote good driving. Studies have shown that drugged driving deaths haven"t decreased in states that have legalized marijuana. Address the person COMMITTING the crime'

constructive.justice: The law making drunk driving gets abused by the drunk drivers each year. (How about the drunk driver SELF addressing his own non drunk driving alternative ways to get home besides illegally driving drunk?

They could call a family member, a taxi , or an Uber?

constructive.justice: The drugged driver could stop abusing the law making drugged driving illegal as well couldn't they? What is wrong with the drugged drivers being self constructive and more pro society by not getting high on weed and then driving drugged up on weed?

constructive.justice: Why should it be up to the rest of society to help the drugged driver or the drunk driver come up with ways to help themselves?
Did the rest of society create the problems that the weed users or the drunk drivers self created for themselves, or in reality did they create their own problems all on their own?

constructive.justice: "How about you try to promote good driving. Studies have shown that drugged driving deaths haven"t decreased in states that have legalized marijuana. Address the person COMMITTING the crime."

constructive.justice: How about the drunk and drugged drivers do some self seeking and MAKE themselves better drivers by not driving drunk or drugged up on weed?

No, apparently instead of that not really so far up to this point, the negligent actions of both the drunk and drugged drivers in a sense had to have society itself step up to create laws to ADDRESS the illegal driving practices of the drunk and drugged drivers, right?

constructive.justice: How do you feel about the drugged drivers who have apparently taken the lives of innocent people?

How do you feel about how they have changed the lives of the families of the lives that they took?

1.6 million innocent people have lost their lives to the drunk drivers, and the lives of those families have been changed forever as well. How do you feel about that?

constructive.justice:"Do you really think that another law will stop criminals? "

"News Flash, criminals don"t follow laws."

constructive.justice: Interesting use and choice of words to be expressing from yourself isn't it?

constructive.justice: How do you maybe view your point of view as, anti law or pro society?

constructive.justice: Curious, do you maybe use weed constructive.justice?

constructive.justice; "Are you happy to give a government more power and lessen your freedoms for some safety that probably won"t happen? I'm sure not".

constructive.justice: "and lessen your freedoms for some safety that probably won"t happen?"

constructive.justice: If the drunk or drugged drivers break the law and drive drunk or drugged on weed, looks to me that the drugged or drunk drivers are maybe the ones exercising their own kinds of power it would seem?

And are maybe in a sense playing around with the safety of the others on the roadways of this country?

constructive.justice: "lessen your freedoms for some safety that probably won't happen?"

constructive.justice: Why wouldn't the drunk or drugged driving laws work, if the drunk or drugged drivers didn't neglect , abuse, or mistreat those laws to begin with?
Posted by conservative.justice 3 years ago
conservative.justice
Sorry I was too busy with school and work. You defiantly won this debate. Thank you
Posted by TKDB 3 years ago
TKDB
conservative.justice:

Where are the facts that you are basing your points of view from?

IE, What websites, newspaper's, or magazine's?