backwardseden
Wonderface

The lord our god is NOT one lord according to the bible therefore everything god is, is fraudulent

backwardseden has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

PART 1
There"s after all no possible way that this god is "one". That"s according to the printed text of the bible. That thus proves that the god of the bible, everything that this god stands for is false, deceitful, incorrect and wrong about god making the bible unsound and fraudulent. Indeed the bible speaks of polytheism NOT monotheism.
Now pay attention to the videos below as they prove there are many gods of the supposed "one" god) in the bible. Both videos are titled the same. But who really cares? Both have a huge impact on the subject matter being presented. Both are also irrefutable.

http://www.youtube.com... - God's of the Bible

Now here"s a few quotes from the videos and some verses from the bible (I am using three different translations the King James Version KJV, the English Standard Version ESV and the New International Version NIV because the ESV and the NIV are used by the videos as translations and the KJV is the most read. Regardless its pretty funny and tragic to see how many of the verses are completely off and have nothing to do with each other which is not a surprise and thus proves once again why the god of the bible would not use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication.")
* Psalms 82:1 "(A Psalm of Asaph.) God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods." KJV
* "God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:" ESV
* God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the "gods": NIV
All three versions use the term "gods". Yes that"s PLURAL people. "Gods" More than one god.

* Exodus 18:11 "Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them." KJV
* "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods, because in this affair they dealt arrogantly with the people." ESV
* "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly."NIV
Again all three versions use the term "gods" meaning more than one god.

* Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." KJV
* "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground." NIV
* Then God said, "Let us make man[a] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." ESV
Footnotes Genesis 1:26 The Hebrew word for man (adam) is the generic term for mankind and becomes the proper name Adam
"Us" and "our" are plural = many NOT one. If the words were singular then it would read "Let myself OR Let me make mankind in my image according to my likeness.

* Genesis 3:22 "And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: KJV
* Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever"" ESV
* And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us,knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
Again, the word "us" is plural. Its not singular. So who exactly is this "us" So who are these "us" that popped up from nowhere?

* Genesis 11:7 "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." KJV
* "Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech." ESV
* "Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other." NIV
Indeed "us" is plural. It is NOT singular. So once again who is this "us"? Oh and I get it, these "us" must lower themselves to "go down", and there confound their language? "us" lowering themselves to that of humans? That's odd.

No invented excuses and or flat out lies will be considered. Now watch video #1 at the 5:45 mark.

Indeed the bible clearly states that there are other gods.
* Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." no other gods? Why would god admit to other gods? Strange he did here and it discredits him.

The video missed this by one verse. Its not Matthew 16:15. Its Matthew 16:16. Regardless all English translations read the same.
* Matthew 16:16 "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."
"It clearly states that jesus is the begotten son or the offspring of god. And god is the father of jesus. Period. So when you realize that there is a god the father and the offspring or the child or the son of god you realize that there are now two gods. jesus is a god whether he"s a demigod or whatever, regardless he is now a god like god himself. So we"re talking about 2 gods right there alone. That"s polytheism NOT monotheism."
------
PART II

* Psalms 97:9 "For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods." KJV
* "For you, Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods." NIV
* "For you, O Lord, are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods." ESV

* Exodus 15:11 "Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?" KJV
* "Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?" ESV
* Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you" majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? NIV

* 1 Kings 8:23 "And he said, LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: KJV
* "Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below"you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way." NIV
* "and said, "O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart;" ESV

Indeed those are some of the verses and interpretations by god showing his superiority to other gods" Now you in being a christian, are you going to walk away and say hmmmm "how do verses like these make sense if other gods do not really exist? The ancient authors are not comparing god to imaginary beings. In order for these exaltations to be logical and non blasphemes to ancient israelites, the gods which Yahweh is compared to must be real.
Then what was the purpose for the bible to mention them in the first place? And if they do exist, then its "gods" plural meaning many gods.

* Exodus 12:12 "For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD."
* "For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord." ESV
* "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord." NIV
"This statement which comes from god"s own mouth makes no sense if the gods of Egypt were not real. It dishonors god to boast about passing judgement on imaginary beings."

PART III
So your task in this irrefutable debate is to prove that your god according to the bible is monotheistic and NOT polytheistic and that Deuteronomy 6:4 "The lord our god is one lord" is correct.

Rules for this de-vine and conquer debate:
If you decide to debate with me then it is an absolute requirement that you bring along with you some evidence that will be tagged along by your belt-side. Because if not and its some hoop-lah mumbo jumbo as is with most christian debaters, especially the teeny bopper ones, those still in high school with an obvious high school edumacation on something in which they clearly know nothing about, they think its funny to invent excuses and flat out lie, well it will become that time for me to become a piranha full of insults and rightly so and thus bite off your you know where areas with absolute glee.

Absolutely no creationists of any kind will be accepted. Why? Because they cannot stand behind their product, namely their god, when it comes to hard times. They after all most certainly don"t believe in their god at---all. Because if they did then they would put their god on trial again. So why haven"t these mighty creationists done as such? The answer is so simple. What? Do you think that they are stupid? No in fact they are smart. They will not put their god on trial again because they know that they will 100% lose. That"s because they cannot even prove that their god even exists. In fact nobody can. All they have to go on is faith based oriented. And faith is not evidence nor truth of any kind. Faith cannot be proved. So it is your better bet to not mention one single thing that has anything to do with any creationist as it will not be tolerated.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process.
Wonderface

Con

The creator of the first video just says he heard "Someone" say that if one thing in the Bible was true, it was all true. He says that inversely, if you can prove one thing in the Bible wrong, you can prove it all wrong. While this is good logic, he doesn"t ever state who said that. This person was just stating their personal opinion, which does not reflect the opinions of all Christians. He further contradicts himself just a few minutes after that statement, saying that the Bible was written by men, not God. God is perfect, while men are fallible, meaning they can be wrong. If men were the ones writing the Bible, not God, it"s perfectly conceivable that there would be small contradictions throughout it. The second video is also easily refutable. For example, the scripture 1 Corinthians 10:20 says: "But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils," saying that the gods that pagans worship are devils. Another possible answer is that the statements are actually referring to the fake gods. In Bible times there were several different polytheistic religions vying for converts.The statements made by these people could have very well been referring to these other religions, stating how God was greater than other gods created by the imaginations of men, or even worse, through Satanic influence, because these other religions demanded ridiculous amounts of things for their gods and got nothing in return, while the real God wanted almost nothing from His followers and gave them much. The above argument should debunk your entire position, but for the sake of the debate I"ll move on to the individual verses you present.

Psalms 82:1 "God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods." (KJV)
Later in this very psalm the statement is made to the people: "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." (6) The verse says that all men are children of God, and so are, in a way, gods.

Exodus 18:11: "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them."
This statement is made by Jethro, Moses" father in law, who is saying that God is greater than all other gods. As previously mentioned, the other gods are devils corrupting the minds of men. A true god who wants you to be happy is better than a demon who wants you to be miserable forever.

Genesis 1:26: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Most Christian religions believe in something called the Trinity, which is the three aspects of God: The Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the Son, who is not the Holy Spirit, but all three are God. I know, it"s confusing and weird. Anyway, it is entirely possible that this scripture is just referring to the three aspects of God communing. Another explanation for the churches that do not believe in the Trinity: The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are all three separate beings. You might jump on this and say that it"s proof that the Bible talks about more than one God (Even though it isn"t normal Christian doctrine at all), but there is a hierarchy there which I will explain. The Father is the Creator, the being that made Earth, the spirits of humanity, and the entire Universe or even Multiverse. The Son is the Savior, directly below The Father in the hierarchy. The Holy Spirit is the being that guides humanity towards God, I assume about equal with The Son. The Son and the Holy Spirit are some of the lesser spiritual beings the second video was talking about, although they are still extremely important.

Genesis 3:22: See above.
Genesis 11:7: See above.

Exodus 20:3: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
Remember 1 Corinthians 10:20?

1 Corinthians 10:20 is my refutation for the entire rest of the scriptures you put up there. I don"t want to have a long explanation for the rest of these examples. It also fits your criteria it"s canon scripture and so is not just an "Invented excuse". As for Deuteronomy 6:4: the Trinity and the three separate beings beliefs were explained above. Also, what"s this BS about not accepting creationists to argue for the existence of God? That"s like me starting a debate about the existence of God on the pro side and then saying, "No atheists will be allowed as they absolutely refuse to debate effectively and just give dumb points like the Multiverse and call you a Teeny Bopper." As for your statement "Faith cannot be proved": It can"t. However, I would contend that you atheists also have faith. You haven"t seen the Big Bang, or the formation of the solar system, or evolution at work. Your only refutation for the probability argument (The argument that there are a ridiculous amount of factors at work and the odds of intelligent life are so extremely low that we and the rest of the Universe must be of divine design) are the Multiverse (Which there is no proof for) or the argument that we"re here now so we must have just gotten lucky. All of these are still based on faith, that thing which atheists claim to so abhor. Maybe you should think on that a little before you submit your counter argument.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
And the Bible says that God is the only God, but He is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I have already explained this to you. Stop using the same excuses.
Posted by SHARINGISCARINGg 3 years ago
SHARINGISCARINGg
We have given you several pieces of evidence that the God of the Bible exists, including a whole scientific book. You however, have provided NO PROOF outside of your original topics that we have disproved time and time again that God doesn't exist. Why is it that you can't disprove any of our arguments? Is it, perhaps, because you are wrong?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Percivil - So then according to you, you believe in nothing.
Posted by Percivil 3 years ago
Percivil
The god which you still by today have not given me any evidence he does not exist
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@ackgilbert - What god? The god of what? Bent potato chips? The odds of that happening are certainly more true than the supposed what god of the bible.
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
Speak for yourself
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I feel like deep down you know there is a God.