The Instigator
backwardseden
Pro (for)
Losing
0 Points
The Contender
Kvng_8
Con (against)
Winning
6 Points

The lord our god is NOT one lord according to the bible therefore everything god is, Is fraudulent

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 2 votes the winner is...
Kvng_8
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 1/19/2019 Category: Religion
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 1,523 times Debate No: 119962
Debate Rounds (4)
Comments (53)
Votes (2)

 

backwardseden

Pro

PART 1
There"s, After all, No possible way that this god is "one". That"s according to the printed text of the bible. That thus proves that the god of the bible, Everything that this god stands for is false, Deceitful, Incorrect and wrong about god making the bible unsound and fraudulent. Indeed the bible speaks of polytheism NOT monotheism.
Now pay attention to the videos below as they prove there are many gods of the supposed "one" god) in the bible. Both videos are titled the same. But who really cares? Both have a huge impact on the subject matter being presented. Both are also irrefutable.

http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=hd9f_tXV0PA&t=58s - Gods of the bible
http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=wmOEiKoHYdU&t=1s - Gods of the bible

Now here"s a few quotes from the videos and some verses from the bible (I am using three different translations the King James Version KJV, The English Standard Version ESV and the New International Version NIV because the ESV and the NIV are used by the videos as translations and the KJV is the most read. Regardless its pretty funny and tragic to see how many of the verses are completely off and have nothing to do with each other which is not a surprise and thus proves once again why the god of the bible would not use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication. ")
* Psalms 82:1 "(A Psalm of Asaph. ) God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. " KJV
* "God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:" ESV
* God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the "gods": NIV
All three versions use the term "gods". Yes, That"s PLURAL people. "Gods" More than one god.

* Exodus 18:11 "Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them. " KJV
* "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all gods, Because in this affair they dealt arrogantly with the people. " ESV
* "Now I know that the Lord is greater than all other gods, For he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly. "NIV
Again all three versions use the term "gods" meaning more than one god.

* Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, After our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, And over the fowl of the air, And over the cattle, And over all the earth, And over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. " KJV
* "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, In our likeness, So that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, Over the livestock and all the wild animals, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground. " NIV
* Then God said, "Let us make man[a] in our image, After our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth. " ESV
Footnotes Genesis 1:26 The Hebrew word for man (adam) is the generic term for mankind and becomes the proper name Adam
"Us" and "our" are plural = many NOT one. If the words were singular then it would read "Let myself OR Let me make mankind in my image according to my likeness.

* Genesis 3:22 "And the LORD God said, Behold, The man is become as one of us, To know good and evil: and now, Lest he put forth his hand, And take also of the tree of life, And eat, And live for ever: KJV
* Then the Lord God said, "Behold, The man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, Lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, And live forever"" ESV
* And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, Knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, And live forever. "
Again, The word "us" is plural. Its not singular. So who exactly is this "us" So who are these "us" that popped up from nowhere?

* Genesis 11:7 "Go to, Let us go down, And there confound their language, That they may not understand one another's speech. " KJV
* "Come, Let us go down and there confuse their language, So that they may not understand one another's speech. " ESV
* "Come, Let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other. " NIV
Indeed "us" is plural. It is NOT singular. So once again who is this "us"? Oh and I get it, These "us" must lower themselves to "go down", And there confound their language? "us" lowering themselves to that of humans? That's odd.

No invented excuses and or flat out lies will be considered. Now watch video #1 at the 5:45 mark.

Indeed the bible clearly states that there are other gods.
* Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. " no other gods? Why would god admit to other gods? Strange he did here and it discredits him.

The video missed this by one verse. Its not Matthew 16:15. Its Matthew 16:16. Regardless all English translations read the same.
* Matthew 16:16 "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, The Son of the living God. "
"It clearly states that jesus is the begotten son or the offspring of god. And god is the father of jesus. Period. So when you realize that there is a god the father and the offspring or the child or the son of god you realize that there are now two gods. Jesus is a god whether he's a demigod or whatever, Regardless he is now a god like god himself. So we"re talking about 2 gods right there alone. That"s polytheism NOT monotheism. "
------
PART II

* Psalms 97:9 "For thou, LORD, Art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods. " KJV
* "For you, Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods. " NIV
* "For you, O Lord, Are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods. " ESV

* Exodus 15:11 "Who is like unto thee, O LORD, Among the gods? Who is like thee, Glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises, Doing wonders? " KJV
* "Who is like you, O Lord, Among the gods? Who is like you, Majestic in holiness, Awesome in glorious deeds, Doing wonders? " ESV
* Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you" majestic in holiness, Awesome in glory, Working wonders? NIV

* 1 Kings 8:23 "And he said, LORD God of Israel, There is no God like thee, In heaven above, Or on earth beneath, Who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: KJV
* "Lord, The God of Israel, There is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below"you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. " NIV
* "and said, "O Lord, God of Israel, There is no God like you, In heaven above or on earth beneath, Keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart;" ESV

Indeed those are some of the verses and interpretations by god showing his superiority to other gods" Now you in being a christian, Are you going to walk away and say hmmmm "how do verses like these make sense if other gods do not really exist? The ancient authors are not comparing god to imaginary beings. In order for these exaltations to be logical and non blasphemes to ancient israelites, The gods which Yahweh is compared to must be real.
Then what was the purpose for the bible to mention them in the first place? And if they do exist, Then its "gods" plural meaning many gods.

* Exodus 12:12 "For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, And will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, Both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. "
* "For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, And I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, Both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord. " ESV
* "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, And I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. " NIV
"This statement which comes from god"s own mouth makes no sense if the gods of Egypt were not real. It dishonors god to boast about passing judgement on imaginary beings. "

PART III
So your task in this irrefutable debate is to prove that your god according to the bible is monotheistic and NOT polytheistic and that Deuteronomy 6:4 "The lord our god is one lord" is correct.

Rules for this de-vine and conquer debate:
If you decide to debate with me then it is an absolute requirement that you bring along with you some evidence that will be tagged along by your belt-side. Because if not and its some hoop-lah mumbo jumbo as is with most christian debaters, Especially the teeny bopper ones, Those still in high school with an obvious high school edumacation on something in which they clearly know nothing about, They think its funny to invent excuses and flat out lie, Well it will become that time for me to become a piranha full of insults and rightly so and thus bite off your you know where areas with absolute glee.

Absolutely no creationists of any kind will be accepted. Why? Because they cannot stand behind their product, Namely their god, When it comes to hard times. They after all most certainly don"t believe in their god at---all. Because if they did then they would put their god on trial again. So why haven"t these mighty creationists done as such? The answer is so simple. What? Do you think that they are stupid? No in fact they are smart. They will not put their god on trial again because they know that they will 100% lose. That"s because they cannot even prove that their god even exists. In fact nobody can. All they have to go on is faith based oriented. And faith is not evidence nor truth of any kind. Faith cannot be proved. So it is your better bet to not mention one single thing that has anything to do with any creationist as it will not be tolerated.

Another divine rule:
dsjpk5 is disqualified from voting in this debate.
Kvng_8

Con

Simply put, There is God and there could possibly be many Gods, It all comes down to bias and everyone's beliefs honestly. I'll now go in depth on not only that, But the existence of God for confirmation of what I mentioned before hand. I won't too much focus exclusively on myself and my experience/beliefs but I will speak on a general aspect and as a whole and arrive at a conclusion.

I will cover:
> Creation of earth.
> The universe.
> Life on earth.
> Human condition.

Religion.
There are 4, 200 religions in the world most of which stem back to 5 wide religions. Almost all religions put God at the center of their faith. Christians, Sikhs, Muslims, And Jews all believe the universe were made by a grand creator. Something that divides a lot of these religions within themselves as well as believers and non believers is The Big Bang Theory.

The Big Bang Theory.
This theory is typically used by some people on both sides of the debate as an example of why both God is real and not real. The Big Bang now widely acknowledged as the most probable beginning of our universe refers to a pinpointed beginning to our existence. We do not know what caused it but all of a sudden the universe was born as an extremely high density and extremely high temperature pin prick that quickly expanded large enough to cool and for atoms to form. Using Albert Einstein's theory of relativity, And using Edward Hubble's microscope observation that galaxies are moving away from one another, We have been able to decipher that since the beginning of time as we know it, The Big Bang, The universe has been continuing to expand. If there was a bang so to speak it must've been created by something bigger than the universe itself. Scientists have gone into further detail about the creation, Suggesting the first 380, 000 years of the universe were dark as it was simply too hot for light to shine. After all those years, Matter cooled enough for atoms to form during what is known as the Era of Recombination, Which according to NASA resulted in a transparent electrical neutral gas which caused a flash of light during the Big Bang. This is detectable today as cosmic microwave background radiation. If we forget the time scale for a moment, This sounds very familiar to the Christian ear, God says "Let there be light" and there was light. Although one can argue that focusing on that sentence alone is somewhat selective.

Ancient Scriptures AKA the bible.
The Quran is also pretty affirmative of the Big Bang in part. Although it is never fully mentioned, A period of existence before the earth began is noted with many Islamic leaders acknowledging the big bang as consistent with what God relays to Mohammed. Atheists on the other hand see the Big Bang and similar scientific discoveries like shoestring theories, Has proof that there is no god. Many believers tend to regard their religious scripture highly, And many but not all use only words found in said scripture to back up their beliefs rather than measurable evidence. Everything we have discovered in the last 100 years or so has shaken religion to it's very core. Hubble's discovery that galaxies were huddling apart and the ability to measure that cosmic microwave background information has provided solid evidence that the Big Bang happened which is a blow to some religions that refuse to acknowledge this. Atheists somehow seem to think that the fact that some religions have been exposed to contain a few scientific flaws means that god is not real but that isn't quite accurate.

There must be a creator.
If we can agree that there was a Big bang, A beginning point if you will, All of the laws on the earth and the universe beyond tell us that something can't come from nothing. This is the second law of thermodynamics. There must have been a catalyst or trigger to the start. What or who was the catalyst? Or are we to deny every law of physics and say that all the matter that emerged in the Big Bang simply came from nowhere? But if it did come from somewhere, Then where? Was it God? If it was indeed divine intervention then who or what is the focus of that divinity. Are they god? If so, Are they alone? If God is alone then why did countless religions refer to the creator as a "he" when the genderization in itself causes a pretty big issue. Is God genderless? Therefore living beyond the need to be defined by their own ability to reproduce. If something created something else that in turn must have a creator. Extending back there are two probabilities, The Big bang either just happened or it was ignited, We simply cannot say. Let's look at life closer to home and one of the major domestic blows delivered to religious arguments for God. Religion is an issue with so many varying strands of belief meaning that not all believers can be "right" so to speak. An early issue with the bible for example is a creation of Adam and Eve. The whole Garden of Eden exchange and the suggestion that the God made every animal we know today in its fully developed form. What we know now and can now prove was that there were organisms and animals that predate human existence by millions of years. Why do religious books such as the old testament, The Hebrew bible and the Quran not mention dinosaurs for example. Thousands of dinosaur bones have been found in North America, China and Argentina. We have found bones dating back from 68 million years, And fossils over 2 million years old. We can even see their bones hanging in museums for ourselves. Speaking of bones and fossils, We have enough of them to all but prove evolution. A theory developed from Charles Darwin's concept of survival of the fittest and change through adaptation. We can see -- physically see the whales descended from land mammals. Species are continuing to evolve. Humans are getting taller and moths have literally changed color since the industrial revolution. The evidence of dinosaurs falls into religion as the scientific support of evolution. But what comes to a blow to religion isn't necessarily a knock to the existence of God. Many modern believers will take religious scripture with a more light hearted approach and except them as guidelines of how to interpret their faith.

Elaborating: Science.
In fact, Some find science to be a reaffirmation of their beliefs as the miracles of the universe and life on earth are brought to light. Many see the perfect conditions under which the big bang was triggered as well as the evolution and the ideal conditions of our earth allow life to flourish as evidence of intelligent design. Indeed many see the apparent laws of physics as further confirmation that rules have been set in biology, Cosmology and the universe as we know it. Wasn't our path to existence to score too perfect? Change a few tiny factors for example, The ideal position of Jupiter in our solar system which attracts many asteroids away from the earth and it all very well could have not happened. Interestingly celebrated 90th and 20th century scientist Albert Einstein closely followed the views of 17th century philosopher Baruch Spinoza. He believed the notion of God to be an expression of the underlined unity of the universe.

Elaborating: God.
Perhaps the God we speak of is the harmony of the path that goes to physics rather than a higher being. Is God particles and energy that make up the world we know and the rules we live by? Another strand the God debate very much concerns the human condition. Many argue that if god were real, Why would he not prevent disasters and protect innocent people. Where was God during the boxing day tsunamis of 2004. Where was god during the 2 world wars. Where was god when the atomic bombs were dropped? And where was he during 9/11. Where is god now? If God was real, Why would he let people suffer in such intense and cruel ways. Those who believe strongly in the bible will tell you that God allows suffering because we must know suffering to know love or its all part of Gods plan. Others who argue for God as a force of science say sure there may be a rule setter, A creator behind the big bang but they are so huge and so inconceivable to us that perhaps they wouldn't concern themselves with our earthly issues. Way too small and insignificant for them to even see. On the flip side of murder and genocide, We have supposed miracles. Our whole existence could be considered a miracle of sorts. And that we don't yet know how to explained what happened. By all accounts, The big bang, Evolution, All of it, It seems miraculous. Miracles can be considered both divine or circumstantial depending on your outlook. Many who feel the presence of God in their lives who see miraculous things happen to them and their family members will be convinced of the point of almost proof as the existence of a guardian angel or divine power or being.

Mathematicians | Physicists.
Many who promote science over miracles will instead say that miracles are events that have explanations and we just don't know them yet. For example Isaac Newton noted how gravity from the sun keeps planets in their orbits. Why he could not explain AKA how these planets got into orbits in the first place in or rotated around the sun in the same direction, He put down to a divine miracle. He said "This most beautiful system of the sun, Planets and comets, Could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. " However, Centuries later, Pierre Laplace was able to fill in the gaps as to the mechanics of the universe. There are of course still some things we can't explain, But for some that doesn't mean that there isn't an explanation. No scientist will ever claim to know all the answers to the questions posed by the universe. However, They will actively seek to find them overtime.

Running out of space. I'll finish the rest of my round in the comments.
Debate Round No. 1
backwardseden

Pro

Wow. Can you give me one reason why I should even give a rats reareth endeth crapeth as to why I should even debate you when all the goop you fixed with your needle and thread that has 0% of nothing to do with what was stated in RD1 and instead you went on on some meaningless goo goo ga gaing wherevers in which I didn"t even take the time to read because I have better things to do like pick my toenails with jackhammers and then shove neatly carved splinters of wood to make me feel all groovy for the disco dance floor without the glittering lights as I prefer the room to be dressed in pale black? Yep. I only read the sections of your carved out womb and said to myself "Whoa horsey. Down Spot. " But me being my kind and courteous smog self, Let"s see what yah got.

I give you fair warning" if what yah say dips too far off the podium into the poison prison plank, Its a strike 3 platform and yer out!

"Simply put, There is God" Strike 1. You nor anyone has yet to prove this god of YOURS has ever existed. You nor anyone can test, Demonstrate, And then assert that YOUR god exists. Then once that"s done you"ve got to declare that your god exists to all. Sorry clock chime, No can bam-boo.

"It all comes down to bias and everyone's beliefs honestly. " Nope. You were 100% just proven hellaciously wrong and rightly so.

"but I will speak on a general aspect and as a whole and arrive at a conclusion. " Well if it has nothing to do with what was stated in RD1, You may as well forget it and all of what you have said will be blitzkrieg gutter trash.

I will cover:
> Creation of earth. Nope.
> The universe. Nope.
> Life on earth. Possibly.
> Human condition. Possibly.

Religion.
Religion is a belief.
"There are 4, 200 religions in the world most of which stem back to 5 wide religions. Almost all religions put God at the center of their faith. Christians, Sikhs, Muslims, And Jews all believe the universe were made by a grand creator. " Well um no. Considering the fact that there are at least 29, 000 denominations of christianity alone? So where"d yah copy and paste your information from? Oh and ALL religions ever known has a creator.

Let"s scrap The Big Bang Theory. It"s wasted space and doesn"t prove your god.

Btw, Scrap the "we" bit. K? Its just you. Only you. Oh but wait. DING! I get it! You improperly plagiarized your info and you didn"t give credit where credit is due - correct?

Ancient Scriptures AKA the bible. Oh you mean that tinkling? In which no god would ever be stupid enough, Not for any reason, Not ever, To use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible?

"There must be a creator. " Strike 2. A creator? Which creator would that be among the supposed 4, 200 religions you mentioned and thus who knows how many god"s/ creators among those religions? And why only "a" creator?
There you go again with this "we" bit. No. Its only you. Just you. Don"t automatically assume that I think, Dream, Believe, Know, Sheik my buddah as to the same indifferences that you do. Because the difference between you and me is that I can prove what I know, Whereas you don"t have the foggiest idea.

"All of the laws on the earth and the universe beyond tell us that something can't come from nothing. " Strike 3. WRONG! OK after I mention this I"m ending this debate. Its very clear that you plagiarized it from somewhere and didn"t give it proper credit, And you didn"t do any follow up research to support it. Stephen Hawking and his colleague came up with a mathematical equation proving that something does come from nothing. You might want to google it sometime. Mathematical equations are the only facts that there are. In other words 2 + 2 = 4 no matter which language you speak. Your god can be disproved no matter which language you speak.

I can no longer continue this conversation not only because you have no idea as to what you are talking about, But as stated before, It has nothing to do with the framework as to what was laid out in RD1 in which you didn"t even bother to follow. Had you done that, Then perhaps a debate may have been possible.
Kvng_8

Con

1. I knew you were going to reply back the way you are now because I've read some of your debates. But, I'm telling you right now that you must tread lightly because I don't play when it comes to disrespect, I'm the wrong one. I can easily embarrass you in a heart beat. So don't come at me crazy thinking I'm like everyone else you've debated with because I'm not. So how about you keep it civil and if you're unable to do that, Then this won't go well for you. "some hoop-lah mumbo jumbo as is with most christian debaters, Especially the teeny bopper ones, Those still in high school with an obvious high school edumacation on something in which they clearly know nothing about. " Attitude right off the bat. Just so you know, That doesn't apply to me. I highly advise you bring your 10 to a 2 because you're doing a bit much. I don't partake in debating with childish, Emotional b-tch made people. I partake in debating mature people who have the will to debate without getting all mad and upset and throwing insults. But on to my responses to you.

2. What I said has a lot to do with your R1 believe it or not. If you're in denial then that's your business. You didn't take the time to read what I said? Aww, My feelings are so hurt. It's because you feel like I'm proving you wrong that's why. You can't face the truth. You have better things to do? Like what? Making 1, 000 "God isn't real" debates pouting and being emotional? Real cute.

3. "You nor anyone has yet to prove this god of YOURS has ever existed. " - Exactly. No one has. So you saying that there's no god doesn't make you better than the next person saying that there is a god, Nor does it make you more credible.

4. It does come down to bias. How was I proven wrong? By your emotional pouting? Rather than effectively replying back to my R1 you're throwing a temper tantrum. You're not doing a very good job of proving me wrong, You're only losing conduct points, But that's none of my business.

5. What I said does have something to do with your R1 and it has something to do with most of your debates because you believe god does not exist, So that's why my round was set up that way. Newsflash, I didn't even read all of your R1 either, So it looks like we're even! Your thoughts were all over the place whereas in my R1 it was neat, In order and it trumped your R1 clearly. 90% of your argument was about the bible. In a debate about God, There's more factors than just the bible, Which is why I looked at every aspect in all angles, Such as the Big Bang, Religion, Creator, Science (Which you cannot argue with. You can't argue with science. These are facts. This proves it because nowhere in your R2 did you rebuttal my science points. ), Possible existence of a divine being, Mathematicians+physicists and I even discussed the BIBLE. (Ancient scriptures) so how the hell does my R1 not go with or doesn't have anything to do with your R1. It does. The difference is just that I talked about more things other than just the bible. I also said "there is a god and there could possibly be many gods" which went with your R1.

6. Creation of earth. Yes
The universe. Yes
Life on earth. Yes
Human condition. Yes

Those 4 are key factors that there must be a grand creator.

7. Yes, Religion is a belief you're correct.
I didn't copy and paste anything.
I'll put the source to this in the comments, It won't go through here in the debate.
In the source, It says:
"According to some estimates, There are roughly 4200 religions in the world. Out of which CHRISTIANITY is the world's largest religion which is followed by ISLAM. "

8. You want to scrap the Big Bang because you know there's no possible way for you to rebuttal it. It's the plain truth and there's no way for you to argue it. So I can see why you claim it's "wasted space" and doesn't "prove your god" when it does possibly prove god. It's a theory.

9. I'm saying "we" because like I said I'm speaking on a general aspect for people who believe in god, If you paid attention to the top of my R1 I said I won't be exclusively focusing on myself. When I say "we" it isn't including you, I'm referring to the people who believe in God. I didn't plagiarize, I typed all of that myself but if you need sources I'll gladly give you them. I just ran out of space in my previous round, So I couldn't list my sources. To prove I didn't plagiarize or copy and paste I even made a typo. At the end of my point on "There must be a creator. " --> "Many modern believers will take religious scripture with a more light hearted approach and except them as guidelines of how to interpret their faith. " I said except when I meant *accept. "Whereas you don't have the foggiest idea. " Oh yes I do. I didn't type all of my LONG R1 for nothing, It's because I'm knowledgeable and I'm saying what I know and developing theories and FACTS the best way I know how. I'm also saying "we" in certain instances for us as humans as a whole, This is directed toward the comments, Which you need to read for yourself because there may be some advice you need to take. So check out what I said in the comments.

10. You can't prove what you know (regarding the topic of God). No one can. Like I said it comes down to everyone's beliefs. There's many mysteries around the world that none of us fully knows, And God is simply one of them. But to throw a hissy fit on another person for believing something you don't is childish and a waste of time. You can't control what other people believe in. So either accept it, Or waste your time being extremely emotional like you are right now.

11. "All of the laws on the earth and the universe beyond tell us that something can't come from nothing. " This is in fact true. I'll put the source of this in the comments.
Debate Round No. 2
backwardseden

Pro

backwardseden forfeited this round.
Kvng_8

Con

Pro forfeited R3.
Debate Round No. 3
backwardseden

Pro

backwardseden forfeited this round.
Kvng_8

Con

Pro forfeited the debate. How cute. You talk big sh-t to other people and when I check you, You run. Haha. Funny.



Vote for me! :)
Debate Round No. 4
53 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 10 records.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
@backwardseden

You're going off on him yet you aren't giving me the same energy. I guess you pick and choose your battles. *Sips tea*
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@JesusChrist4nEver - I'm most definitely NOT, Not for any reason, Not ever, For no brain cells wasted, Going to change for a soiled non pottied trained spoiled little brat like you. You see, I've got my friends. I've kept each and every one of them longer than you've been breathing. 3 of them 3x longer than you've been breathing. Why? Because we don't B. S. Each other which is entirely what you are based on. We all also believe in peace, Kindness, Care, Love, Harmony etc etc etc whereas you are totally incapable of it. You might want to read your enigmatic bible, The most hateful book ever written for proof of that in which no god, Not ever, Not for any reason would be stupid enough to use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible.
"but you seem to prefer the "insult everyone who isn't exactly like me" approach. " Wrongo badbreathitsu, You show intelligence and an edumacation, We get along just fine. The problem is oh great god of toxic waste between his you know where areas where fire ants nest, So you can get a new high, Is your meatball moron minced mutton mechanical mind is incapable of it.
I'm so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say. Now I did say "please".
Posted by JesusChrist4Ever 3 years ago
JesusChrist4Ever
@backwardseden

It has occurred to me that people like you will never ever change. It is a pity. We could've been friends, But you seem to prefer the "insult everyone who isn't exactly like me" approach. And, By the way, You mispelled my username, And I see why. Real f***ing clever to add an "n" to make it "Jesus Christ 4 Never". P*** off you old perverted freak.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@ JesusChrist4nEver - "but I fight back when someone insults my intelligence, " That's why you get insulted is because - what intelligence? When you act your age, Show your age, Be your age and do not bring in any evidence to the table, Again, What intelligence? Especially to YOUR faith, Well its not YOURS now is it? Duh. You cannot claim any ownership in YOUR faith. YOUR unproven god in which YOU nor anyone has ever proven to have ever existed claims all the ownership. Until YOU or anyone or YOUR unproven god stops playing the longest game of hide-n-go-seek of all time stops playing it and proves himself to actually exist, Or you can test, Demonstrate and then assert and then declare that your god exists, You have nothing to say. Then again, Why would YOU want to?
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Kvng_8

"So if someone walks up to you and punch you in the face are you gonna ignore it and not punch them back? "
It is not an argument at that point. That would be the difference.

"Would you punch them back"
Depending on many situations. Can I stop the altercation without violence? Can I do so in the heat of the heat of the moment? Am I angry enough that it would consume me?

"but im not gonna kiss people a-ss cause then youll get walked all over and seem like a pushover. "
Not saying be a kiss a$$. Instead show courtesy. If they are less courteous to a point where it is annoying you. Avoid them since what is the point in having a conversation with a person you find annoying?

"agree some instances you react back and take up for yourself but in smaller situations that aren't that serious, You ignore and you don't stoop to their level"
Less serious situation will most likely have less of a consequence but you still have lost the ground you had. The instigator has already lost their ground and by you reacting in a similar way he/she has also dragged you down.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
i don't believe in being nice to people who are being mean to you. I believe in the "kill them with kindness" I've done it before in real life but im not gonna kiss people a-ss cause then youll get walked all over and seem like a pushover. So i agree some instances you react back and take up for yourself but in smaller situations that aren't that serious, You ignore and you don't stoop to their level
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
So if someone walks up to you and punch you in the face are you gonna ignore it and not punch them back? Because you don't wanna add fuel to the fire and get on their level? Or are things different in this situation. Would you punch them back

I know its different than online but just wondering
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Kvng_8

I'll be more in detail.

"But thats you bro"
Doesn't mean you are not capable of doing it yourself.

"everyone isn't like that. "
I am sure you can and would find the only person who this wouldn't help are ignorant people.

"It's harder for people to ignore insults so they insult right back when they're disrespected. "
I know it is hard but doing the right thing is hard depending on the situation but in this instance it is hard to do the right thing.

"But I do understand your point about sticking to the argument and not getting on their level and not letting it bother you. "
If you do understand it try and implement it. It removes bad conduct from your argument and you can focus more on making a good argument instead of insults.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@JesusChrist4Ever

Don't worry about it. I hardly know anything really and appreciate that at least I have thought someone else something.

@Kvng_8

Shouldn't we strive to be better? If being more courteous is not better than why isn't it?
Posted by JesusChrist4Ever 3 years ago
JesusChrist4Ever
@omar2345
I have never heard someone have an outlook put in words like that. Thanks for changing my opinion on something.
2 votes have been placed for this debate. Showing 1 through 2 records.
Vote Placed by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
backwardsedenKvng_8Tied
Agreed with before the debate:-Vote Checkmark-0 points
Agreed with after the debate:-Vote Checkmark-0 points
Who had better conduct:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Made more convincing arguments:-Vote Checkmark-3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:05 
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments go to con because he addressed everything pro said in the first round and from there, pro just insulted. Pro used a lot of nonsense words as well
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
backwardsedenKvng_8Tied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:01 
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff half of the rounds. That's poor conduct.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.