hafizalfandiii
AmericanNick

The main goal of education is employment

hafizalfandiii has forfeited round #2.

hafizalfandiii

Pro

By having a good education, you can get a better-pay job.
AmericanNick

Con

I am going to base my arguments on two interpretations of your argument that may be inaccurate. If they are, please inform me as my argument will most likely change.
1. By main goal, you mean what people should be using education for.
2. By education, you mean education in general, not specifically college degrees, etc.

I would argue that many people have a variety of motivations for education: bettering their personal life, enjoyment, etc, and that these are all legitimate and equally meaningful goals to employment.
Posted by Ma_Ro_Va 9 months ago
Ma_Ro_Va
I don't think we should study only for employement. It's useless to attend school just to get a piece of paper displaying you gained the needed knowledge to have a well paid job and nothing more.

In my opinion, even if some kinds of school are useless for this purpose of "study for employement", they're actually important for other sides of life, culture etc. Let's do an example with liceo classico: many ones think "What could I ever do with Greek and Latin? Nothing! They won't give me a good job and a place in society". In reality, these two ancient languages are important: they generated several modern words and the civilizations they belonged to gave us some ideologies we still have.

If these things get forgotten, people will become poorer and "ignorant".