Factsman
Anonymous

The second amendment should be completely abolished

Anonymous has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Factsman

Con

I do not think the second amendment should be abolished. Change my mind.

Pro

Since 1791, the United States has had the second amendment which is a law that allows US citizens to carry guns. As a result, within the past six years, there have been over 1600 shootings in the US resulting in thousands of lost lives. Because of this I am for the resolution, The United States should abolish the Second Amendment.
I would write a lot more, but I am just now realizing that I can only put 750 total characters in length which is simply not enough space to prove my full point. If you can, could you forfeit this debate and send me a challenge with the same topic with the same conditions except with 10,000 characters in maximum length.
Factsman

Con

I do not think you should abolish the second amendment. There are about 11,000 gun homicides a year. However, 500,000-3000000 lives are saved through the defensive use of a firearm a year. And that's from the CDC (a government-funded source). And for the record, more than 4/5 of the gun homicides are committed by illegal firearm owners. They bought them illegally (Washington Post). Guns also protect against a tyrannical government. Abolishing the second amendment would mean sending the entire U.S. military (1.4 million people) and swatting 150,000,000 people, to take their guns. And you would not be taking the guns from people who bought them illegally because their purchases do not go into the system.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
unknown777
With second amendment, it's now easy for me to kill my neighbour