Soviet4life
Thoht

The wage Gap is bull crap (Males get payed more than girls)

Soviet4life

Pro

You people can go first
Thoht

Con

Happy to think with you today,

Your wording is slightly vague so it is mildly possible that you agree with me, But I checked your profile and you seem to be a dem soc/communist so I am fairly certain we are on opposing sides here.

The wage gap is justified. Its existence in some form, Not in totality.

My general points will be as follows:

1. Female healthcare costs more than male healthcare.

As employers are currently expected to pay for some portion of their employee's healthcare, This fact cannot be overlooked. Businesses have a responsibility to maximize profits. I would personally agree that employers shouldn't have part in healthcare, But this is where we are. We are debating what the wage gap currently IS not what it could be.

2. Females don't fight for raises as much as males.

Females tend to be more agreeable. The more agreeable and the less competitive one is, The less one tends to be seen as a leader, Promoted or given raises.

3. The lines of work Males choose tend to be more risky, Or have a physical component.

With the freedom to choose one's path, Inequalities will occur. Females tend to choose easier career paths, Or paths we currently don't pay as much in. Males will tend to work harder jobs, Riskier jobs, Et cetera. Females tend to prioritize family, Males tend to prioritize career paths.

To conclude my brief synopsis of my position,

If females and males get paid the same for the same work, I. E. If female and male teachers at the same experience, Qualifications, Et cetera get paid the same amount, There is no 'wage gap' between the two. However, If a disproportionate number of females choose to be teachers and nurses rather than lawyers or engineers, Of course the female subset of the population will be getting paid less than the male subset of the population. The fact that females currently cost employers more in healthcare and are physically unable to do the same quality job as men in many fields (female soldier versus male soldier) justifies a wage gap of some sort.

Comparing male engineers to female nurses and saying there is an inherently unfair gender wage gap is an inherently poor comparison.

In a perfect society we could eliminate much of this, But is your perfect society one in which females and males could not choose their own professions?

May your thoughts be clear,

-Thoht
Soviet4life

Pro

It seems you agreed with me
Thoht

Con

Should probably make the wording a bit more clear next time. This could be easily interpreted either way.
Soviet4life

Pro

Soviet4life forfeited this round.
Soviet4life

Pro

Soviet4life forfeited this round.
Soviet4life

Pro

Soviet4life forfeited this round.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Website doesn't allow people to take multiple debates from the same person at the same time.
Posted by Soviet4life 3 years ago
Soviet4life
LOL98700z
Why can't you accept it now?
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
paid*
Posted by LOL98700z 3 years ago
LOL98700z
Soviet4life, You see. I'd love to debate with you on this. However I can't, Since I am already debating with you on the subject of gender. Can you just finish that and let me accept the challenge. . . . . .