Factsman
MesserMessesUpEverything

The wage gap is a myth

MesserMessesUpEverything has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Factsman

Pro

The wage gap is a myth, change my mind.
MesserMessesUpEverything

Con

Well this will be easy. My friend in Oklahoma is paid the minimum wage, 7.25$ per hour so she makes about 14,000$ a year as a Walmart employee, one of my hockey buddies makes 95,000$ as an engineer a year. So, there is a "wage gap" that is about 81,000$ I am taking advantage of the vague word of "wage gap," by the way.

Also, it is not up to the other person to "change" your mind, that is your job to investigate evidence and think critically to push and biases out of the way to find truth. The only job the other person has is to provide you with the deviance.
Factsman

Pro

The wage gap statistic that a woman earns 77 cents to every dollar a man makes comes from comparing the average earnings of all men and all women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupation, position, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week when such relevant factors are considered the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing the average man. Childless women aged 22 to 30 out-earned young childless men by 8% among workers who have never been married and never had children women earned a hundred and seventeen percent of what men do. Your argument is completely illogical. I have provided statistics from government-funded sources.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
You could have, mmk
Posted by birdtrainer88 3 years ago
birdtrainer88
Lmao you literally copy pasted your argument from this debate into another one
Posted by MMK21-beans 3 years ago
MMK21-beans
"anyone could easily beat you in this debate" what, like me, for example?
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
I suggest you define what you mean by "wage gap". The way you have it set up now, anyone could easily beat you in this debate.