Soviet4life
omar234

The wage gap is bull crap

Soviet4life

Soviet4life

Pro

I would like the other person to go first
omar234

Con

WASHINGTON—An American Association of University Women (AAUW) analysis of newly released U. S. Census Bureau data indicates that women working full time on average still make 80 cents compared to every dollar men make. At the current rate of progress in closing the gap, Women will not receive pay equity until the year 2119. Prior AAUW analysis found that even when accounting for education, Occupation, Hours worked, And other factors, Women still earned seven percent less than men. Gender discrimination is a significant cause of the pay gap.

“The minimal change to the average pay gap doesn’t surprise me at all. While there has been recent progress, In fits and spurts, In states across the country, Our landscape has been the status quo, ” said AAUW Chief Executive Officer Kimberly Churches. “Women and families can’t afford to face another day of the financial insecurity caused by unequal pay. That’s why AAUW is taking the fight for fair pay to every level of government, Employers, And employees and backing it up with our in-depth research and practical solutions for closing the gap once and for all. ”

AAUW will be compiling a pay gap analysis in its forthcoming research report, The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap, Which will demonstrate how much the pay gap impacts women, Families, Businesses, And the nation’s economy. Families increasingly rely on women’s wages to make ends meet. A majority of mothers are in the paid labor force, And a growing number of them (42 percent) are responsible for supporting their families. Due to the pay gap and lower wages women who complete college degrees are less able to pay off their student loans promptly, Leaving them paying more and for a longer time than men. All of these setbacks compound over a lifetime and can lead to families’ financial insecurity. The pay gap is a multipronged problem but there are also solutions to address it.

“It’s easy to look at these numbers and instantly become depressed, ” noted Churches. “But AAUW will continue the drumbeat of equal pay even if Congress and the Trump administration take steps backward on this issue. We’re logging win after win in states by challenging and collaborating with policy makers to take steps toward strong equal pay legislation. Additionally, We are empowering women to expertly negotiate their salary through our salary negotiation workshops along with working with private and public sector employers on how to ensure women are better represented in positions of leadership. At the end of the day diversity is not only the right thing to do, It’s good for a company’s bottom line and our economy as a whole. Without action to close the gender and racial pay gap unequal pay will be a stark reality for women and families for the indeterminate future and that’s a scenario we refuse to accept. ”
Source: https://www. Aauw. Org - Gender Pay Gap Remains at 20 Cents

Soviet4life

Pro

When I said it was bull crap I didn't mean it didn't exist, I mean it is bull crap because of the way it is presented, The observed wage gap is based on comparing the average income of men to the average income of woman without considering any variables, Sometimes when the wage gap is brought off they add woman get less paid for the same jobs but that"s crap, Asking woman why they get paid less is like asking why men are more likely to die in the workplace than woman, It"s because men and woman tend to work different jobs and just like some jobs are more dangerous than others some jobs pay more than others and since men tend to work higher paying jobs such as those in STEM field men tend to make more money and even when you are comparing men and woman working the same jobs there are things which factor into why men get paid more than woman such as the fact that men are more likely to work overtime, Are more likely to ask for raises or promotions, Are less likely to take time off, Are more competitive, Are more likely to take risks, Prioritise more than woman, Retire at a later time than woman and all these other things studies have found, With all these thing taken in consideration it"s no wonder why men get paid more, Men work more and really I hate to point out this obvious, Bit of common sense but if company"s could actually get away with paying woman less don"t you think they would just hire nothing but woman to save more money, Do you honestly think corporations are such boy clubs that giving advantages to men is more important to them than their profits and shareholder interests,
omar234

Con

Wow you make some good points. I completely agree. Well, Now what?
omar234

Con

alrighty
Soviet4life

Pro

This is relatively boring
Soviet4life

Pro

Soviet4life forfeited this round.
omar234

Con

omar234 forfeited this round.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
omar tryna69 like tekashi the papi
word to ASAP keep me rocky
im from new york so im cocky
say you f0cking with my possy
cop me chloe like kardashi
keep the cat in versace
and pretty like tinashe
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Soviet4life

It is a really easy way to rank in the faction but is annoying for it to be infinite.
Posted by omar234 3 years ago
omar234
no we are two different people but he claims to be me
Posted by Soviet4life 3 years ago
Soviet4life
Follower Of The Apocalypse: "We are low on medical supplies"
Me: Ok, Here is 25 Rad-Away
Me: I just gave you some
Me: Fine, Here is so much there would be enough to give the entire Mojave (Millions)
Me: *Yells many curse words*
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
"Are you the same person? "
Is this at me?
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Yeah and it I think it is infinite so you can never please them.
Posted by Soviet4life 3 years ago
Soviet4life
I like the followers of the apocalypse, I just hate how I they make me feel like a bad person when I don't have any meds and they ask for donations
Posted by Soviet4life 3 years ago
Soviet4life
Hitler is drinking water
Posted by Juris 3 years ago
Juris
what's with your profile pic soviet4life? What is hitler doing?
Posted by Juris 3 years ago
Juris
Are you the same person?
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
Soviet4lifeomar234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.