bigdave
Boesball2007

The website "Debate. Org" has serious problems that must be addressed.

bigdave

Pro

This website has some serious problems. In the debate https://www. Debate. Org/debates/We-need-bigger-government/1/, The voting period began on March 7, 2019. Five days later an email went out saying an "argument was due" (after the debate ended? ). Also in that debate CON's argument was lost in round 2/. Here is a comment made. . . . "I am CON. Again I posted my reply. . . The timer reset to 3 days. . . My argument again did not appear. . . ~! " and then "Finally. . . . My argue has been posted. Thank you. ". Then later that argument disappeared!

There was a similar problem in the debate. . Https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Trump-is-a-bad-president/3/. Here is the comment "Where is my round 4 argument. It was posted, Accepted, And now gone. "

These glitches are affecting these debates. They must be fixed.

Also these "glitched" debates must be "set aside" until these issues are fixed.
Boesball2007

Con

I am Con, And I am trying to prove that there is not enough evidence to claim that debate. Org has serious problems that must be addressed.

My first argument is to claim that the word "must" is incorrect in this statement. These problems do not have to go away. For the statement "must be addressed" to be true, Then there is 100% certainty that the problems will indeed be addressed. Pro has not given evidence that the problems mentioned will be solved. Pro has merely made an effort to prove that there is problems in general. Perhaps pro is giving a more adequate argument on why the problem "should" be addressed, However, They have giving zero proof of why these problems are certain to be addressed.

I would also argue that evidence would point to the fact that moderators likely will not address these problems. You have given cases where "glitches" have occurred. These do only pertain to you. For example, I experienced a similar glitch in my own debate (1), And it does not look like it will be addressed. The likely outcome at this point is that moderators will not do anything. Until I see them take action in a specific scenario, I would argue there is not enough evidence to claim they will take actions here in the problems mentioned.

I am excited to see the response from Pro.

(1) https://www. Debate. Org/debates/USA-should-KEEP-troops-in-Syria/1/
bigdave

Pro

First off "must" simply means that the glitches are impacting the utility of the site. If they are not fixed, Many people, Including my self will simply quit the site.

Here are some proofs of the problems

#1 I get an email saying that an argument is due. When I follow the link ( sent by Debate. Org) I get this

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, Had its name changed, Or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /debates/The-website-Debate. Org-has-serious-problems-that-must-be-addressed. /2/

#2 When I go to my messages ( on this site ) and try to access my debate I get this

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.

#3 The only way to access my debates is to go to the list of debates on the home page and look for my debate

#4 I have only posted this debate once, And now find it is up at least four separate times.

#5 I have had arguments posted, Which have then disappeared

#6 These disappeared arguments later show up as "forfeited"

#7 I had one debate opened for voting and then asked for "arguments due, " and then rounds 3 and 4 ( which had been completed ) showed as "forfeited" by both PRO and CON.

These conditions get in the way of the debates and must be fixed.
Boesball2007

Con

Boesball2007 forfeited this round.
bigdave

Pro

Cyber problems with this site are such that

1. Valid arguments are requested ( by debate. Org as "argument due" ) Then posted by the debater, Then they "go missing"

2. This makes it appear that a round is "forfeited" when it is not

3. These events affect the outcome of the debate.

4. The site is losing validity.
Boesball2007

Con

Boesball2007 forfeited this round.
Posted by Sonofcharl 1 year ago
Sonofcharl
I tried debateisland but experienced similar problems.
Posted by squeakly54n6 1 year ago
squeakly54n6
You're wasting your time, The mods abandoned this site years ago