bigdave
TheBestSpllellelr

The website "Debate. Org" has serious problems that must be addressed.

bigdave

Pro

This website has some serious problems. In the debate https://www. Debate. Org/debates/We-need-bigger-government/1/, The voting period began on March 7, 2019. Five days later an email went out saying an "argument was due" (after the debate ended? ). Also in that debate CON's argument was lost in round 2/. Here is a comment made. . . . "I am CON. Again I posted my reply. . . The timer reset to 3 days. . . My argument again did not appear. . . ~! " and then "Finally. . . . My argue has been posted. Thank you. ". Then later that argument disappeared!

There was a similar problem in the debate. . Https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Trump-is-a-bad-president/3/. Here is the comment "Where is my round 4 argument. It was posted, Accepted, And now gone. "

These glitches are affecting these debates. They must be fixed.

Also these "glitched" debates must be "set aside" until these issues are fixed.
TheBestSpllellelr

Con

K, I agree that there are some problems with the site, But it is still an entertaining and informative website. Also, Did you just start this debate to bring attention to the problem? That shouldn't be what the debates are for.
bigdave

Pro

Here is proof. . . .

When I try to access ths debate, My own debate. . . I get this

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, Had its name changed, Or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /debates/The-website-Debate. Org-has-serious-problems-that-must-be-addressed. /2/
TheBestSpllellelr

Con

TheBestSpllellelr forfeited this round.
bigdave

Pro

Cyber problems with this site are such that

1. Valid arguments are requested ( by debate. Org as "argument due" ) Then posted by the debater, Then they "go missing"

2. This makes it appear that a round is "forfeited" when it is not

3. These events affect the outcome of the debate.

4. The site is losing validity.
TheBestSpllellelr

Con

TheBestSpllellelr forfeited this round.