bigdave
WrickItRalph

The website "Debate. Org" has serious problems that must be addressed.

bigdave

Pro

This website has some serious problems. In the debate https://www. Debate. Org/debates/We-need-bigger-government/1/, The voting period began on March 7, 2019. Five days later an email went out saying an "argument was due" (after the debate ended? ). Also in that debate CON's argument was lost in round 2/. Here is a comment made. . . . "I am CON. Again I posted my reply. . . The timer reset to 3 days. . . My argument again did not appear. . . ~! " and then "Finally. . . . My argue has been posted. Thank you. ". Then later that argument disappeared!

There was a similar problem in the debate. . Https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Trump-is-a-bad-president/3/. Here is the comment "Where is my round 4 argument. It was posted, Accepted, And now gone. "

These glitches are affecting these debates. They must be fixed.

Also these "glitched" debates must be "set aside" until these issues are fixed.
WrickItRalph

Con

This website has almost no moderation, So complaints are futile
bigdave

Pro

Here is proof. . . .

When I attempt to find this debate I get. . .

"Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, Had its name changed, Or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /debates/The-website-Debate. Org-has-serious-problems-that-must-be-addressed. /4/"

I had to find a "backdoor" into my own debate!
WrickItRalph

Con

yeah, It's a 404 error, But there's not much we can do about it. Please stop spamming this topic.
bigdave

Pro

When I attempt to access this debate from "my messages" ( which says "you have a debate argument due" I get this. . . . . .

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.

Requested URL: /debates/The-website-Debate. Org-has-serious-problems-that-must-be-addressed. /4/
WrickItRalph

Con

that's easy to get around, You just go to debates and get to it that way through the public link
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
I would definitely like them to fix the bug with capitalization after commas, Too. It makes me cringe every time.
Posted by Smug_Tomato 3 years ago
Smug_Tomato
It's not. As far as I can tell the moderators have abandoned this site altogether.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
How is this debatable?
Posted by EverlastingMoment 3 years ago
EverlastingMoment
The site moderators that used to be on debate. Org in the past have long since been absent. Or in the very least they barely come on anymore. The last one I can see that was online was a week ago, But he hasn't been moderating for nearly a year so that pretty much sums it up.