anisapetrai
BeckyDawg

The word middle cretaes a logical paradox

anisapetrai

Pro

Since the middle exists in mathematics its nature is a number but which number lets say its number 3 that number is positive the middle of 3 is 1,5 that number is positive the middle of 1,5 is 0,7 this becomes infinitely small until it reaches zero but does it ever become equal to zero ?My answer is yes and then it changes is nature.Because the opposite exists is nature is double and because its nature is dounle the transition exists and because the transition exists the other two have meaning
BeckyDawg

Con

Sorry, but I do not completely understand your argument. If you could clarify, that would be greatly appreciated. As for now, I'll refute the parts that I understand. Let's first define the function that I think you're referring to. Let f:Z->R be defined as f(x)=a(1/2)^x, for some real number a, a=\=0.

"the middle of 1,5 is 0,7"
Not quite true, it's actually 0.75.

"this becomes infinitely small until it reaches zero but does it ever become equal to zero ?My answer is yes"
This is untrue. It is the case that lim{x->infinity}f(x)=0, but the equation f(x)=0 has no real solution.

I look forward to a great debate.
anisapetrai

Pro

It is the case that lim{x->infinity}f(x)=0, but the equation f(x)=0 has no real solution.We still have not found the solution I believe ,thank you for bringing mathematics to this I am very bad at them.Let me try to explain it by the word middle I believe we name a few things ,but by the world middle we name the equal center we have given such special meaning to it in our everyday life there must be a reason.The world middle creates a logical paradox because it breaks all the logical laws that are set.Law of Identity two things are the same in the middle.Law of Non-Contradiction 0 can be both positive and negative. Law of Excluded Middle this law breaks too as 0 is either true or false, with a middle ground.
BeckyDawg

Con

Thank you for clarification, I'll address each statement.

"We still have not found the solution I believe"
There is no solution to find because the solution does not exist.
Proof: 0=a(1/2)^x
log(0) = log(a)-xlog(2)
x = (log(a)-log(0))/log(2) = log(a/0)/log(2), [Dividing by 0 is undefined].

"Law of Identity"
I'm unsure how this is broken. 0=0.

"Law of contradiction"
It turns out that 0 is actually neither positive nor negative. Positive and negative are defined in relation to 0, so 0 is exempt from the definition since it is neither greater than nor less than itself.

"Law of excluded middle"
Again, 0 is neither positive nor negative. Although, in computer science, 0 is thought of to mean "false", if that counts.
anisapetrai

Pro

Ok I understand what you mean.You need to distinguish those things in order to keep the laws I get it now yes you must be right.Maybe mathematics is not how I should go about this do you believe that an idea that is both positive and negative at the same time can exist?I believe it can because people will give the idea its nature before an idea gets born what would be its nature ?So in that state the idea breaks all laws of logic.
BeckyDawg

Con

"do you believe that an idea that is both positive and negative at the same time can exist?"
I don't think I can answer this question without some definition of positive and negative in the context of an idea. i.e. how do I attribute "positiveness" or "negativeness" to an idea? I'm open to discussing this, provided that a definition is given.

Thank you for this debate.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
That is why you should alway stick with "the whole"..