anisapetrai
spacedoogo

The world of ideas as stated by Plato do you believe that it could solve and prove everything?

spacedoogo has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

anisapetrai

Pro

The world of ideas as stated by Plato do you believe that it could solve and prove the existence of every idea ever presented?I believe it can.
The theory of Forms or theory of Ideas is Plato's argument that non-physical (but substantial) forms (or ideas) represent the most accurate reality
spacedoogo

Con

(sorry I have no idea, I MISS READ PLATO AS PLUTO)
anisapetrai

Pro

Lets try this again I am sure you have an opinion that could be formed pretty easily based on your general knowledge.
Do you believe that someone can prove the existance of 'something' by believing Plato's statement that forms (or ideas) represent the most accurate reality?
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
Well, it depends on who your asking. Many philosophers believed that ideas are simply not innate. Also, Aristotle didn't exactly agree with Plato, he thought one didn't just have to rely on recollection to see truth, he was a biologist, as you'll recall.

I took like Plato's Forms, but I'm afraid they're about as true as Godzilla existing somewhere out there. The chances are slim.

Nevertheless, this could make for a great debate!