TheFactSlayer
DoulosChristos

The world would be a better place without hand sanitizer.

TheFactSlayer has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TheFactSlayer

Pro

The reason the world would be better of with out hand sanitizer is that it is the most over used form of hand cleaner used and since it it used more frequently as a result it as a whole raises more possibility to train or create supper bugs or bacteria. Thus if the world was rid of hand sanitizer then there would be less chance of creating supper bugs and launching humanity towards a bacterial infested world.
DoulosChristos

Con

Firstly, I would like to thank my opponent for their concern for humanity, and I would also like to say how grateful I am to take part in this debate. I do not think my opponent is seeing the entire scope of the issue here.

What my opponent has done is started off with the presupposition that hand sanitizer, over time, actually can cause any type of "super bug". This is quite a leap, as no evidence was given for this claim, the claim was merely posited.

Let us, for the sake of this debate however, suppose that hand sanitizer did indeed carry this potential. The benefits of hand sanitizer far outweigh a remote risk such as the one my opponent presents. Think of all those who work in hospitals. Each and every day doctors and nurses are exposed to a plethora of pathogens on an hourly basis. Now think of how many doctors and nurses use hand sanitizer, and how much the spread of illness has been prevented by this simple measure.

My opponent states that there would be less of a chance in launching humanity into a "bacterial infested world", what my opponent has not realized is we already live in one. As such, measures like hand sanitizer provide a way to, at least in part, prevent the spread of bacteria.