Our_Boat_is_Right
Apophis66

There Are Only Two Genders: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

There are only two genders. A biological man, or a biological women. Feel free to go at it and try to change my mind.
Apophis66

Con

When people say there are more than two genders they are referring to the social definition of gender as defined below:

"the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex"
https://www.merriam-webster.com...

When you refer to biological differences you are actually referring to sex:

"either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures"
https://www.merriam-webster.com...
Our_Boat_is_Right

Pro

People use "gender" as an identification of themselves. I simply do not care what one identifies as. If they are biologically a man or women I will call them accordingly. If I identify as a bobcat, does that mean my gender is bobcat? If you stand by this, how many genders are there?
Apophis66

Con

Again, nobody is contesting that there are two biological sexes. Biological sex is completely irrelevant to this conversation because we are talking about gender not sex.

Genders refers the social roles that are often assigned to men and women and many people don't fit in the artificial categories our society creates so there is indeed more than one gender. Some people act very asexual and don't fit either the male or female gender role and some act partly female and partly male. With traditional roles disappearing it is extremely common for people to be very different from traditional roles.
Posted by mrchexmix 3 years ago
mrchexmix
When you make an email account, you have six choices:
1. male
2. female
3. neither
4. both
5. rather not say
6. don't know at this time
Clearly, looking at numbers 3, 4, maybe 5, and probably 6, there are multiple types of genders. Google knows best.
Posted by Our_Boat_is_Right 3 years ago
Our_Boat_is_Right
Agreed
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 3 years ago
FollowerofChrist1955
nothing to change? Those 2 genders are xx, and xy. And THOSE cannot be altered by opinions, surgery nor medications of any kind!