LifeMeansGodIsGood
CarterWale

There Is No Sure Hope if Jesus Christ is Not Risen From the Dead

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

My opponent must show sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Sure hope is gauranteed. For this debate, I do not need to prove Jesus Chrst rose from the grave bodily, though I assert that He did. This debate is a challenge for anybody to show a hope that can be gauranteed other than the hope of eternal life that God promises in the resurrected Saviour who is the Creator who died to pay for our sins to buy us back from the fire of Hell.

If Jesus Chrsit is not risen from the dead, there is still no sure hope, so if He is not risen from the dead in only bolsters my assertion that there is no sure hope. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the only thing my opponent cannot use to show sure hope........or my opponent is agreeing with me and there is no debate.

Try to prove me wrong, tell me what hope you can be sure of without Jesus Christ.
CarterWale

Con

I accept. And though I am a Christian, I first want you to prove to me that Christianity real, and once you prove that we can move onto the main topic.
I cant start my argument without you proving " There Is No Hope If Jesus Christ Is Not Risen From The Dead"
So I will give you a head start to arguing then I will counter-argue.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

For this debate which in the first round you have declined to argue, it does not matter if Jesus Christ is risen from the dead or not, it does not matter if the Bible is true or not. If Jesus is not risen from the dead, there is no sure hope. If He is risen from the dead, then He is the sure hope. Proving Christianity or disproving Christianity is not the issue. The issue is that you......YOU.........have no sure hope if Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead. The only sure hope you cannot argue in favor of in this debate would be the sure hope there is if Jesus Christ is risen from the dead.

Do you have sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ, if He is risen or not? What is your sure hope? Do you have any sure hope? Tell me what your sure hope is. I say you have none. Do you have any sure hope? If you can't explain how you have sure hope, I will have to assume you have no sure hope and I was right in my opening argument.
CarterWale

Con

To answer your question, I have sure hope, but not from the hope that Jesus is risen from the dead. My sure hope is growing up, getting an education, raising a family, and not basing my life on a few thousand year old book.
I want to know why you think you have no sure hope if Christ is not risen from the dead? Proving Christianity is the issue because how am i supposed to have sure hope in Jesus Christ rising if im not sure he is a(the) Savior?
So yes I have sure hope, but not in Jesus Christ rising from the dead.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The things you are calling "sure hope" are nothing but wishes and dreams that you hope will come true but could easily be denied from you by circumstances. You can't be sure your dreams and wishes for your life in the world will come to pass. You can work to try to make things happen, but you can't be sure they will happen. You have no sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ. For this debate, we can assume Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead. If He is not risen from the dead, you have no sure hope. In assuming Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead, we do not need to argue whether the Bible and Christianity is true, for this debate it can be assumed to be false, and there is no sure hope.

You have not shown any sure hope.......you have shown sincere desire to see your wants, wishes, and dreams cone true and you do have hope they will come true so you can work toward making them reality, but your hope cannot be guaranteed. Those same hopes have been dashed in multitudes of people through war, sudden death, or trauma.
Sure hope is guaranteed and cannot be withheld, denied, or revoked by any circumstances or any person or any thing.

I really do hope your dreams of growing up, getting an education and raising a family come true and I wish I could guarantee it all for you, but I am not God and I cannot tell you that you can have sure hope in these things. Keep on hoping, but brace yourself for the possibility that your hopes may be dashed.

A side note here that is really not part of the debate: how can you claim to be a Christian and say "I have sure hope, but not in Jesus Christ rising from the dead." Hope in the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the basis of Christianity.
How can you claim to be a Christian and say "My sure hope is............. not basing my life on a few thousand year old book." This book you are belittling is the Bible, The Book, The basis of Christianity. What do you think makes you a Christian?
CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I hope my opponent is still with us, though I'm not sure he is still with us. My hope will be disappointed and is now unsure of my opponents continuation in this debate.
CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 7 years ago
Sagey
Psychology states that anybody can have Sure Hope, regardless of religious belief.
LMGiG is too naive to know what Hope really means.
Most 10 year old children in this region have more knowledge about everything than LMGiG.
They also have much more Sure Hope for their future.
With LMGiG's knowledge, here he would be unemployable except maybe as a cleaner, oops not enough knowledge of chemicals, Health and Safety officers wouldn't allow us to employ LMGiG as a cleaner.
All he is good for is Preaching, but since his preaching is idiotic, even the Christian churches here would no employ LMGiG
Yes, Truly Unemployable as anything.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 7 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Sorry arc, your comment was kinda funny and I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.......really it is a good point, any hope we have is sure hope for the moment..........the problem is the moment can end and negate the hope. I think it's clear when I say sure hope, I mean hope that can never be lost, changed, taken away, or denied.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
sure hope is the gaurantee that what is wanted will be reached.........it requires God's promise to be a sure hope, only God can gaurantee hope.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Sure hope is a gaurantee that cannot possible be denied. You can be sure there will always be hope, but if Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead, there is no sure hope.
Posted by ArcTImes 7 years ago
ArcTImes
@LifeMeansGodIsGood

You don't understand, hope means: "the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best".
So... you can be SURE that there is always hope lol.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
God can give sure hope. The challenge of this debate is to show sure hope in anything else. You cannot be sure your death will not occur before you can blink again......though the odds may favor you for having many more blinks, and I truly hope you will have millions more in all comfort and never lose that comfort, my hope for you is not sure hope since I cannot force you to have sure hope in God. Sure hope is a self contradictory term only to those who have no sure hope. Please keep it clean here, I hope I don't have to request removal of crude comments. If you tell me you will keep it clean, can I have sure hope in your word? You see, I'm giving clues as to how you could argue this debate and win without complaining about terms that seem to be self-contradictory. If you put up a winning argument, I would do the honorable thing and concede.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
the theme is the same in both debates......the challenger in the other debate by the same name so far has declined to try to show sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ .
Posted by NathanDuclos 7 years ago
NathanDuclos
Its ok. I see the slight variation of a theme, and I don't really feel abused.. its hard to show emotive's in text. . . . I'm curious to see various arguments and how it is answered, which is why I' also watching this as well as awaiting your response on our debate. . . . Which (wink wink nudge nudge) is back to your turn . .
Posted by ArcTImes 7 years ago
ArcTImes
"Sure hope seems to be a self-conradictory term only for those who have no sure hope."

No, it's contradictory based on the arbitrary definition we are using right now.
There can still be "sure hope" but I'm pretty sure it's not what you are thinking lol. I see it as being sure you have hope, and that's not needed if "Christ" did not rise from death, which is pretty much the most likely scenario.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for accepting this challenge. I posted a repeat of this debate with more accurately defined rules becaue my opponent in the earlier challenge declined to show sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Instead, that opponent seems to want to argue against the resurrection.
Such an argument is the same as not arguing at all , since the assertion of the debate is that there is no sure hope apart from the resurrection and my opponent is declning to make any claim of sure hope in any way in any thing.. I am not arguing that the resurrection is real or the only sure hope, I am simply arguing there is no sure hope in anything else. In this debate, if the challenge is accepted, I expect my opponent to show his or her sure hope in anything other than the resurrection. My opponent can assume the resurrection is not true and I will not argue that point. It is not the topic of this debate. The topic of this debate is "sure hope". Tell me what your sure hope is, and I will try to cast doubt on it to show it is not sure hope. The only thing in the world I can think of which I could not cast doubt on would be if you believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and you know you will be with Him in heaven.

The topic of this debate is..........do you have any sure hope?

thank you again for accepting this challenge. You are a blessing to me here, I don't want you to feel used but rather appreciated. Thank you for your time. Please share with me what your sure hope is so that I can show you have no sure hope if Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead.
Vote Placed by Sagey 7 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCarterWaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Argument wise there was little difference. Pro scores the better conduct point due to Con's Forfeit.
Vote Placed by lannan13 7 years ago
lannan13
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCarterWaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture