LifeMeansGodIsGood
CarterWale

There Is No Sure Hope if Jesus Christ is Not Risen From the Dead

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

My opponent must show sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Sure hope is gauranteed. For this debate, I do not need to prove Jesus Chrst rose from the grave bodily, though I assert that He did. This debate is a challenge for anybody to show a hope that can be gauranteed other than the hope of eternal life that God promises in the resurrected Saviour who is the Creator who died to pay for our sins to buy us back from the fire of Hell.

If Jesus Chrsit is not risen from the dead, there is still no sure hope, so if He is not risen from the dead in only bolsters my assertion that there is no sure hope. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the only thing my opponent cannot use to show sure hope........or my opponent is agreeing with me and there is no debate.

Try to prove me wrong, tell me what hope you can be sure of without Jesus Christ.
CarterWale

Con

I accept. And though I am a Christian, I first want you to prove to me that Christianity real, and once you prove that we can move onto the main topic.
I cant start my argument without you proving " There Is No Hope If Jesus Christ Is Not Risen From The Dead"
So I will give you a head start to arguing then I will counter-argue.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

For this debate which in the first round you have declined to argue, it does not matter if Jesus Christ is risen from the dead or not, it does not matter if the Bible is true or not. If Jesus is not risen from the dead, there is no sure hope. If He is risen from the dead, then He is the sure hope. Proving Christianity or disproving Christianity is not the issue. The issue is that you......YOU.........have no sure hope if Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead. The only sure hope you cannot argue in favor of in this debate would be the sure hope there is if Jesus Christ is risen from the dead.

Do you have sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ, if He is risen or not? What is your sure hope? Do you have any sure hope? Tell me what your sure hope is. I say you have none. Do you have any sure hope? If you can't explain how you have sure hope, I will have to assume you have no sure hope and I was right in my opening argument.
CarterWale

Con

To answer your question, I have sure hope, but not from the hope that Jesus is risen from the dead. My sure hope is growing up, getting an education, raising a family, and not basing my life on a few thousand year old book.
I want to know why you think you have no sure hope if Christ is not risen from the dead? Proving Christianity is the issue because how am i supposed to have sure hope in Jesus Christ rising if im not sure he is a(the) Savior?
So yes I have sure hope, but not in Jesus Christ rising from the dead.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The things you are calling "sure hope" are nothing but wishes and dreams that you hope will come true but could easily be denied from you by circumstances. You can't be sure your dreams and wishes for your life in the world will come to pass. You can work to try to make things happen, but you can't be sure they will happen. You have no sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ. For this debate, we can assume Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead. If He is not risen from the dead, you have no sure hope. In assuming Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead, we do not need to argue whether the Bible and Christianity is true, for this debate it can be assumed to be false, and there is no sure hope.

You have not shown any sure hope.......you have shown sincere desire to see your wants, wishes, and dreams cone true and you do have hope they will come true so you can work toward making them reality, but your hope cannot be guaranteed. Those same hopes have been dashed in multitudes of people through war, sudden death, or trauma.
Sure hope is guaranteed and cannot be withheld, denied, or revoked by any circumstances or any person or any thing.

I really do hope your dreams of growing up, getting an education and raising a family come true and I wish I could guarantee it all for you, but I am not God and I cannot tell you that you can have sure hope in these things. Keep on hoping, but brace yourself for the possibility that your hopes may be dashed.

A side note here that is really not part of the debate: how can you claim to be a Christian and say "I have sure hope, but not in Jesus Christ rising from the dead." Hope in the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the basis of Christianity.
How can you claim to be a Christian and say "My sure hope is............. not basing my life on a few thousand year old book." This book you are belittling is the Bible, The Book, The basis of Christianity. What do you think makes you a Christian?
CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I hope my opponent is still with us, though I'm not sure he is still with us. My hope will be disappointed and is now unsure of my opponents continuation in this debate.
CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 7 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
i am not playing semantics. Sure hope is hope that is gauranteed to be experieced as promised. Who can promise you sure hope? What sure hope can they promise? What can promise you sure hope? What sure hope do you have in anything other than hope of eternal life through jesus Christ? If He is not risen from the dead, there is no sure hope for you or for me. If He is risen from the dead, show me how or where you can have sure hope in anything else. Sure hope is something you know is going to come to pass.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I don't know, Wolf.......you could hardly say a sentence without insulting me before...
Posted by ArcTImes 7 years ago
ArcTImes
"comeon........if you won't take me up on the challenge, i declare you lose this debate without challenging me. My guess is that you personally have no sure hope and you know it."

rofl Who are you talking to?
Posted by Ragnar 7 years ago
Ragnar
I am trying to be on a break from debating, but this is tempting... I mean people rising from the grave, removes the sure hope of death, which is the only sure hope (as taxes can be evaded). Yet I suspect pro will try a semantics tactic on the definition of hope.
Posted by KhalifV 7 years ago
KhalifV
I will accept, however I am blocked
Posted by KhalifV 7 years ago
KhalifV
I will accept, however I am blocked
Posted by ChosenWolff 7 years ago
ChosenWolff
Can you unblock me so I can accept?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
comeon........if you won't take me up on the challenge, i declare you lose this debate without challenging me. My guess is that you personally have no sure hope and you know it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
accept the challenge and see if I can show the hope offered apart from the resurreciton of Jesus Christ is not a hope that can be gauranteed. Don't be afraid. Tell me where the sure hope is as the challenger in this debate.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
so accept the challenge
Vote Placed by Sagey 7 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCarterWaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Argument wise there was little difference. Pro scores the better conduct point due to Con's Forfeit.
Vote Placed by lannan13 7 years ago
lannan13
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCarterWaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture