Jeter1011
Emperor_Az

There Is No Wage Gap

Emperor_Az has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/11/2018 Category: Economics
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Jeter1011

Pro

First round is for acceptance only, please post below "I accept your challenge." (This is to allow a buffer).
Emperor_Az

Con

I accept your challenge.
Jeter1011

Pro

First off I'd like to say that this is a debate ment for the "wage-gap" between men and women and why it doesn't or does exist.

Anywho, I'd like to point my first argument towards the idea that woman get payed less money then men all together. A lot of people fail to realize that this is a capitalist economy and that people in different jobs get payed different amounts of money. Statistically speaking, men tend to take more high-risk jobs (which often do pay more then the jobs that a lot of women take).

Secondly, the idea of women working is still a fairly new thing and compared to the amount of men in the country, there are still quite a few women who are stay-at-home.

Thirdly, women who come out of collage, are single and have no kids are most likely going to make the same amount of, if not more money then men.

If you really look at the charts and statistics, you will see that there is actually a reverse wage gap. On average women make around 8% more than men in the top fifty cities in the United States.

Back to you.