EmbraceTheBassGeetar
VivaMexico

There are only 2 genders!

EmbraceTheBassGeetar has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

EmbraceTheBassGeetar

Pro

My Opinion - There are 2 genders (Male/Female), period. Sex is not a spectrum, or a social construct. It is not based on how you feel, but on your genetics and your DNA.
Rules -This is a fairly controversial topic, so I ask that you share your opinion, and leave it at that.
VivaMexico

Con

Biological sex is a very formal thing described by x and y chromosomes.
I believe gender can be defined differently though.

Here's to a good saucy debate. :3
EmbraceTheBassGeetar

Pro

I agree and disagree. Biological sex is based on x and y chromosomes is a statement in which I agree with completely. But I do not agree that gender can or should be thought of any other way. I believe that LGBTQ+ people are completely going against human nature. We originated as male and female and that is how it should of stayed.
VivaMexico

Con

Well I believe it comes down to whether it really matters and whether or not this is really that harmful.
Some folk just want to express themselves in a way they feel comfortable so they do it. And the people that do it best usually don't get found out. (lol i.e traps)
I believe that this whole controversy is spawned from a make believe fear that a population that only takes up .3 to 1.2 percent of the population is somehow a predator in every bathroom.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org...

Actually come to think of it, when was the last sexual harassment crime that's been committed since places like Target created these bathrooms? Really it's not anyones business and it's not like you want to check. XD
EmbraceTheBassGeetar

Pro

I never said that the LGBTQ+ community were predators. In fact I don't believe that at all.

I can't really say much else here because I don't understand what you mean, I never said anything about sexual harassment or anything along those lines.
VivaMexico

Con

Okay so I see that you never brought that up and I was going on a misconception that I was just straight up assuming. Bad on my part.

I'll go with what you said straight up. It goes against human nature is what you say. Now i'm not saying we should just embrace change because change but, I think how people, especially the LGBTQ community like to express themselves is just their business.

I think the main thing is that gender in these terms is social and matters just as much as how we deal with it legally. Sure legally we will still use Male and Female to determine crimes and such but, I feel as if how a person wants to sexually identify is their business.

https://www.ranker.com...

There have been trans people for a long time in history so it's not like it's anything new. Most likely if you live in a highly populated area, you might have walked right past a trans person without knowing at least once. So what I'm trying to say is the trans issue is just preference and if it makes people feel comfortable and make them feel better socially then what's the harm in that?

Really there isn't a lot of negative things that come out of trans people just wanting to identify besides A or B (male or female.) If not any at all.

And I know you may be thinking. But it's just a fact, you can't change fact. Sure there are 2 sexes determined biologically but what's the harm in subcategorizing gender identity like sexuality? If you want to "identify" differently that should be fine. But, it's not like we're saying that these are going to be the new genders or anything for official factual reasons.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Totally off topic... Buckethead (seen him 3 times) the greatest guitar player who has ever lived VS Motorhead ah yes the most influential heavy metal band of all time.