HotTakes
Sonofcharl

There are significant biological differences between the perceived human races

HotTakes has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

HotTakes

Pro

In this debate we'll be arguing if there are significant and relevant biological differences between perceived human races. My position, Pro, Is that there are and society in general is affected by them, Be it positively, Negatively or neutrally. Con should try and refute my points while trying to make a counter-point, But I'll take the burden of proof. First round is acceptance, Therefore no arguments shall be made there.

Disclaimer: I am not arguing we should treat people differently, Or for eugenics, Or anything other than the point described in the topic of the debate. I ask my opponent to not just use ad hominems, Calling me racist, A bigot and the like. I also ask he doesn't resort to playing semantics, And to prevent that I'll try and get some major definitions out of the way.

Definitions:

race
/rās/

the fact or condition of belonging to a racial division or group; the qualities or characteristics associated with this.

significant
/siɡ'nifikənt/

sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

Sonofcharl

Con

Ok. I will discuss with you.
Your proposition is somewhat ambiguous but nonetheless cannot be regarded as inaccurate.
What is a "perceived human race" though and more importantly, Who is doing the perceiving?

I think it fair to say that unless you have a clone or identical twin, Then we all have significant biological differences, Irrespective of what you might consider to be a "perceived human race".

If you have a sister then you clearly have significant biological differences.
If you have a brother, You might have different coloured hair or eyes or be taller or shorter etc. These are all significant biological differences.

Biological differences result from a variation in inherited genetic information and not just because you might think that someone looks or sounds different or originates from a different region of the world.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
It's hard to disagree with a fact
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Just out of curiosity, Will you be using ethnicity in the argument? If i am not mistaken your race is dependent on your parents and ancestors and ethnicity is mainly influenced by different factors that you were raised around. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong on this.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
Good luck with getting an opponent.