backwardseden
jeffyneffy21

There is no possible way god exists unless you believe in utter hate and evil The Pulse Nightclub

jeffyneffy21 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Today here in Orlando (where else?) is the second year anniversary year of the horrific shooting The Pulse nightclub where 49 people were shot to death (proving once again that all guns are required to be eliminated which is an all together different issue, that is if worldwide peace is to be achieved, but then again there's no possible way that worldwide peace can be achieved with any religion in existence also) and 58 were injured. If you believe in the god of the bible, unless you believe in evil, anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy etc in which this god has freely admitted to having, thus proving his imperfections, then that's exactly what you believe in.

Jealousy? well that's a real good one Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

God's killings? Well let's call it for what it is, murders, because if god is god NOBODY HAD TO DIE. Nah god murdered 2,821,364 in his bible which included children and babies. Such a wonderful god. And god truly hates children to begin with (would you like the verses?)
Indeed god is far far far worse than Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Hong Xiuquan, all serial killers, all rapists, all tortures, all pedophiles, all sadomasochists etc etc etc combined. After all god knowingly created them which means that he is ultimately responsible for them. Its either that or god is not a god and lets them off the hook with nothing but a tap on the shoulder for their horrific, disgusting, repugnant crimes and simply god---does---not---care. Now here's some examples of god"s sickened, diseased, abominable atrocities/ genocides for absolutely no reason at all... the great flood according to the bible (which never happened btw) so who knows what the body count was there? 3,000 EX 32:27-28, 14,700 NU 16:49, 24,002 NU 25: 1-11, 12,000 JOS 8: 1-25, 10,000 JG 1:4, 120,000 JG 8:7-10, 42,000 JG 12:3-6, 1,000 JD 15:14-15, 3,000 JD 16:27-30, 25,101 JD 16:27-30, 1 SAM 4 34,002, 1 SAM 6:19 50,070, 2 SAM 8 65,850, 1 KI 20: 28-29 100,000, 1 KI 20: 30 27,000, 2 KI 19 35 -37 185,000, 2 CHR 13 17-18 500,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 CHR 28:6 120,000, Esther 9:5-18 75,813, 2 CHR 14: 9-14 1,000,000!!! etc etc etc Yeah god is really so moral huh? Nope.

And the best part is god gives power to these sickos, aka The Pulse nightclub shooter to pull the trigger, millions of them, and end these people's lives, whereas the the victims have no power, NONE. And even worse is the aftershock. The friends and families of these victims will be grieving for who knows how long? For the rest of their lives? Grieving has no time limit. And yeah you guest it, yeppers alright, god gave even more power to the shooter who rightly deserved that power - right? Because the shooter committed suicide, as is the case with nearly all mass shootings, thus the power is taken away from the people to prosecute. god is really really really really generous, kind and considerate - right?

god is an arrogant prick and a$$ that is required by all statutes of law and thought by those who are sane to be eliminated from power. Its simple. Don't give god and of your faith. That's how he exists. And without it, he dies.

"I would say that instructions to kill homosexuals is immoral. I would say the subjugation of women is immoral. I would say that having women inferior position to men is immoral. I would say that selling your daughter into slavery is immoral. I would say that sacrificing the first thing that comes out of your house is immoral. I would say that substitutional atonement is immoral. I would say that the very concept of of sin is immoral" the idea that I could somehow offend a god or something that I could think or do which has no impact in or around in reality is immoral. I would say holding someone responsible for the sins of their father under the fourth or the tenth generation is immoral. How many more do you need before you recognize you are making excuses that advocates for immoral positions?" Matt Dillahunty

"Not scorning the three electoral children who are everything to me and even a glimpse at a second life and even alone an immortal one, and I"ll tell you something if I was told to sacrifice them to prove my devotion to go to do what all monotheists are told to do and admire the man that said "yes I"ll gut my kid" I"d say "no" f--k you." Christopher Hitchens

"Now I am absolutely convinced that the main source of hatred in the world is religion and organized religion. Absolutely convinced of it. And I think it, religion, should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right." Christopher Hitchens

"When you start making excuses for atrocities you have removed yourself from ANY valid discussion on morals. When you say "yes the bible says you can own slaves but" well now you"re contradicting yourself because before I was asking if you thought the bible was accurately representing the mind of god, the will of god. You"ve got this conflicted mess of contradictions and you"ve found a way to rationalize them. You"ve gone and looked at them and said "boy that one really sounds bad, BUT that"s what Israel was doing that"s not what god was doing. So let me ask you this" do you believe that there"s an all knowing all powerful fun loving god who has an important message for humanity and he is so completely inept that his best attempts at communicating to people managed to convey the exact opposite message of what you think he meant? Now like are you the one who got it right? And all the people who authored the holy book and got you started that they managed to get it wrong? Is your god such a bumbling buffoon that he cannot state "thou shalt not own somebody as another human being?" or "please don"t rape the people and pillage the villages around you"" and he managed to communicate so poorly that it got written down as "Thou shalt be able to own other people as property and oh by the way go over there and kill everybody kill everything except for the young virgins." Its asinine. You cannot reconcile this." Matt Dillahunty

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror." - Richard Dawkins

You cannot circumvent this. Don't even try.