Darth_Unicorns
Kevin_Fishcer

There is no proof of God

Darth_Unicorns has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Darth_Unicorns

Pro

So far we have yet to see any concrete proof that God exists.
Kevin_Fishcer

Con

I'll assume were talking about the Christian God to avoid confusion. I can't point directly to the existence of God but I'll point out a couples thing I found interesting aka infer that God may be real

first one

1) in the of Book of Daniel He predicted the Coming of Alexander the Great a few centuries earlier before his actual arrival

Daniel 10:20"11:4
"And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece. Then a mighty king shall arise, who shall rule with great dominion and do as he wills. And as soon as he has arisen, his kingdom shall be broken and divided toward the four winds of heaven, but not to his posterity, nor according to the authority with which he ruled, for his kingdom shall be plucked up and go to others besides these. "

2)there are seminars where multitude of people fell by the laying of hands even when the pastors hand are clearly on their forehead. what could trigger that reaction since it not normal? true it may be staged but you got to admit there has to be at least one person who wouldn't be playing that charade if that the case.

3) in the book of Enoch the Lord of the Field rejoiced as it describe a white oxen that made every animal on the field into white oxens that returned to him and gather into his house. and that first one become a lamb. this sound alot like how Christianity is today,it impact on the world and the new era. if the origin of the book is to believed, then it expressed views long before the term Messiah and new Kingdom were even subjects. it also mention the Maccabean Revolt. either way it at least dated at 350 BC, way before the revolt and Lambs weren't usually associate with Messiah in Judaism.

extra)
this is my speculation and not necessary evidence but in book of revelation, it describe a man that ruled the entire world.
the way it describe it sound eerily similar to current trend and technology that are in research.

"It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name."

the beast was initially described as having ten horns which are rulers that correlated to ten kingdoms mentioned by Daniel. what were seeing today is the rise of global powers right now such as China and Russia that are influencing the world. the beast that was fatally wounded was a man I speculate was given the formula to immortality (which believe it or not is a actual research field). how he acquire enough power to have ten sovereign nation aligned to him I don't know. but I have a strong feeling he somehow took over the world economy via robotic and automated factories, since the "image" sound like a form of AI to me created via a propaganda piece hiding under the cloak of what is best for humanity. not to mention the one currency theory via RFID chips.

I want to believe God didn't declared doomsday because he planned it. it was because we were reaching a part where Orwell's book nineteen eighty four paled in comparison to what was unfolding.
Darth_Unicorns

Pro

Also yes I was talking about the Christian God, sorry about that.

So what if a prediction came true, that doesn"t prove God"s existence. Also what proof do you have that show these predictions were made before Alexander the Great. The bible was finalised about 100 years after Jesus" death, 300 years after Alexander"s death. Therefore the predictions could have been altered so they made sense.

The bible isn"t a history book written by historians. It will be wrong.

The story about the horns is a bit weird as although there is something to do with the horns, or so you say, in the same bit of text, God says something along the lines of, worship me or be killed. That doesn"t sound like a God i would want to know about, let alone worship.

For your thing I would like you to answer the question, why we haven"t found any proof of God if he exists.
Kevin_Fishcer

Con

as I stated before, I can't exactly prove his existence, only evidence that infer God may be real. we don't exactly have his autograph or his hand print in the sidewalk of Hollywood you know.

I never said the bible was a historical book, just that it had prophecies that came true. which if i'm not mistaken is a staple of what God can only do;tell prophet what will come to pass. if he isn't real then how would a man logically calculate something very specific far away in the future?

it Highly unlikely it was fabricated either since the book of Daniel is a Jewish scripture, a religion that condemn false witness and prophets, and for it to even be possible it can't be some ordinary person editing it; it would have been a highly educated scribe that had comprehensive knowledge of history and current event. that would mean they were a prominent member in society. in other word a person who does has something to lose if he desecrated holy texts. i'll give you the fact the bible was edited several times over the course of history before the invention of the printer. but so far most biblical texts we found such as the Dead Sea Scroll are %98 the same to what you can find in a regular Bible or Torah

also you forgotten to evaluate the laying of hand part or the book of Enoch

as for the ten horns I mention. I used the word "initially" so I don't bombard you with text but to put it in context here

SKIP IF NOT INTERESTED
Revelation 13
" I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

and to address your mistaken belief that God want to kill you if you don't follow him; No, he want you to be "good" and to walk by grace. which is why he sent his son to redeem the world. a parable to illustrate that point "any tree that bear bad fruits will be uprooted and cast into the fire" Matthew 7. Jesus even state that those the follow him but practice wickness will be condemned. it a long story, so to summarize it, you eventually worship him because you realize what he is and what he represent:hope. so even if God isn't real, I'll still follow him. though at that point I be called a Humanitarian.

therefore I believe God didn't condemn those people for receiving the mark itself. but by extension reigning humanity to a eternal nightmare.
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Ask your self this, what does god do in this world, is he even required, productive, or useful. Can you choose to believe in something you don't believe in, when belief is not a choice.
Posted by Darth_Unicorns 3 years ago
Darth_Unicorns
Miss medic, you are right in some regards but to worship a God, I want solid, physical proof that God exists.
Posted by Darth_Unicorns 3 years ago
Darth_Unicorns
@TheMorningStar, thanks for the offer, I will consider it. Unfortunately I won"t be able to reply until Friday or Saturday so sorry. I will tell you then on this commenting chain
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Gods do not exist on proof, gods exist by belief. Look at the thousands of gods invented over thousands of years all became myths when belief in them stopped.
Posted by TheMorningsStar 3 years ago
TheMorningsStar
@Darth_Unicorns:

If you are interested in finding an opponent that won't forfeit (thus causing the forfeit glitch), I would be willing to debate you.

How about the topic "It is reasonable to hold a belief in god(s)"?
Posted by Darth_Unicorns 3 years ago
Darth_Unicorns
Thank you for accepting, please carry on to the end. I have yet to finish a debate and this is my best chance. Thanks in advance