Two_Face
InfakeWars

There is only two genders, Change my mind

Two_Face

Pro

There is only two genders : Male and female, I'm looking for someone who thinks otherwise
InfakeWars

Con

I will prove how there are more than two genders. I will prove this in one way, With 2 Sub-Points
1. Through Social Construct
a. By proving LGBT movements/ Gender movements are part of social Construct
b. By providing examples of genders in Social Constructs
First, We must explain a social Construct
A social Construct, By the Merriam-Webster Dictionary is "an idea that has been created and accepted by the people in a society". Because Social Constructs are required for a modern-society, We can say without doubt that America is driven by Social Constructs, As are most societies. Now, We prove how there are multiple gender's outside the beginning 2 that are known (e. G. Transexual, Etc)

Now, With a social construct in mind, We must prove that more than two gender's is a social Construct in society. Although still not formally proven, We can prove that with society standards, There are more than 2 gender's, But only in a Social Construct sense, Which is still permitted as the resolution does not state how you would like gender's classification and meaning.

LGBT movements have been near decades long, Even going back as far as Jeremy Bentham, A Shakespearean era writer that would advocate for LGBT decriminalisation. So, Even then, There was very little, But still some Social Construct including LGBT.

Today, However, Is different. We are very prominent in LGBT acceptance. And our generation has been conditioned to believe that we should be acceptant of other people's beliefs. For once, The golden rule is used in society: Treat others as you want to be treated.

When the youth of society is conditioned to believe/accept in more than one gender, It becomes a large Social Construct. Because of this, We can prove that it is a Social Construct, And therefore becomes a social point of view.

This makes, According to Social Construct, The question you ask true. Yes, There are multiple genders, HOWEVER, Only by Social Construct. I agree with you completely that on a biological view and formal view, There are no more than 2 genders.
Two_Face

Pro

Two_Face forfeited this round.
InfakeWars

Con

InfakeWars forfeited this round.
Two_Face

Pro

Two_Face forfeited this round.
InfakeWars

Con

InfakeWars forfeited this round.
Posted by InfakeWars 3 years ago
InfakeWars
Debate is all about word-play, In my opinion. The resolution doesn't state how there are more than 2 genders, So I played around with it.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
Interesting strategy on con's side. I don't buy it for second. But it's a good debate tactic.
Posted by InfakeWars 3 years ago
InfakeWars
Oh, And here's the video of acceptance I will analyze in my next speech.

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=PnDgZuGIhHs
Posted by InfakeWars 3 years ago
InfakeWars
Sorry for the late post. I had all my work deleted, And I am very tired, So I just summarized it.